It's Down to Cespedes or Upton!!

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well, y'all can stop wondering. Cespedes signed with the Mets for 3 years 75 million and an opt out after the first season. He will get 27.5 million if he opts in after the first year.

I stopped wondering days ago if you didn't notice my change in attitude. As soon as reports of 3 years came out. Offering less or same years for less money does not bring people to South Chicago. If you want a free agent you gotta go make them feel wanted, not that you are an option willing to pay what their home team discount is. We weren't the home team!!

Cespedes will get paid next year. My question is why don't we see that and be the one to get ahead of the curve this year? We could have wanted him like Detroit wanted Upton and blown him away for 5 or 6 years at a price that will look like a bargain next year.

What I'm saying is we are bargain shoppers who just passed on a bargain, because we actually just shop at the fucking Dollar Store.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I feel for Reinsdorf and company. He's got a major market team with a small market fan base. Makes it tough when you buy or trade for more players than you develop.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
I feel for Reinsdorf and company. He's got a major market team with a small market fan base. Makes it tough when you buy or trade for more players than you develop.

And the Cubs have a small market team with a large market fan base. How has that worked out for you?

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

I don't believe that for a 2nd. He is a miserly fucked up wretch who is one of the worst owners in all of baseball. Fans will come when the product is good and they trust the owner and his management will invest in the team. Reinny doesn't and the product reflects his non action. Fuck him.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The White Sox are playful as currently constructed. Doesn't fool me for one second. They will quickly fall ten games below .500 and be irrelevant all season. They were 10 games lucky by record last year in my opinion. They seem content, I can't even stomach watching because they are delusional, liars, cheap, and fucked up. We deserve better.

Meanwhile the product up North is probably the most exciting in baseball, just as a baseball fan it's compelling to watch that much youth, power, and hog pog assembly of veteran arms.

I feel sick to my stomach.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
That makes absolutely no sense.

It doesn't? Historically, the Cubs have been one of the most poorly run organizations in professional sports. And despite their popularity due to WGN, they have operated like a small market team with relatively modest team salaries over the years. Even now that they've finally seen the benefits of tanking whole seasons for draft picks, they go out of their way to avoid large contracts. They passed on Greinke and Price despite the obvious need for a second ace pitcher to keep pace with teams that have deeper rotations (Mets). Cubs fans are quick to let their front office and ownership off the hook because they're used to being losers. You'd think a franchise that hasn't won a championship in 107 years would seek to reward it's fanbase for their misguided loyalty with a better roster and a new stadium. Nope, they care more about maximizing their profits and increasing their valuation than actually winning anything. I find that sad. Had they traded for Hamels last year, the Cubs would have probably made the WS.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
It doesn't? Historically, the Cubs have been one of the most poorly run organizations in professional sports. And despite their popularity due to WGN, they have operated like a small market team with relatively modest team salaries over the years. Even now that they've finally seen the benefits of tanking whole seasons for draft picks, they go out of their way to avoid large contracts. They passed on Greinke and Price despite the obvious need for a second ace pitcher to keep pace with teams that have deeper rotations (Mets). Cubs fans are quick to let their front office and ownership off the hook because they're used to being losers. You'd think a franchise that hasn't won a championship in 107 years would seek to reward it's fanbase for their misguided loyalty with a better roster and a new stadium. Nope, they care more about maximizing their profits and increasing their valuation than actually winning anything. I find that sad. Had they traded for Hamels last year, the Cubs would have probably made the WS.

You ever thought about putting the coocoo back in the clock?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Absolutely true. It truly is a phenomena in itself. The "lovable losers" tag has been on them ever since I have a recollection of baseball. Somehow the feel sorry for the poor guys became a craze which was fed into the media which some-how championed it and promoted it.A lush broadcaster became the sage of it all? Hilarious. Then you have that shit rancid stadium that somehow became a "shrine"? FUcking nuts. All of it.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Reinny must go to bed with his money. Another shit decision by a shit owner. This game down, once again, to money. A chance to compete for another of his teams failed because of his refusal to spend money. Fucc him. IF you own a baseball franchise and refuse to put together a roster to win a championship, you should get the fuck out of sports.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I can't wait for the spin that the Sox put on this failure. "we're expecting Adam LaRouche to have a great bounce-back year and to give up the big bat in our line-up. Also, we think that Ave in right field will fulfill his potential as a five tool player." Just another boring White Sox year with an occasional tease now and then.

Still three big holes in the line-up. RF, C, and DH. THey needed to sign Cespedes or Upton. Period. A batting order cannot have three big holes in it for a contending team, particularly when you are talking about middle of the order hitters.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
:hawked::hawked::hawked::hawked::hawked::hawked::hawked::cringe::hawked::hawked::hawked::hawked::hawked::hawked::hawked:

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I don't believe that for a 2nd. He is a miserly fucked up wretch who is one of the worst owners in all of baseball. Fans will come when the product is good and they trust the owner and his management will invest in the team. Reinny doesn't and the product reflects his non action. Fuck him.

I honestly don't give a fuck. But the thing is, the only reason the Sox are still even in this city is because of Reinsdorf and Einhorn literally scamming the city of Chicago to build them a stadium...or "we're relocating". They should have moved for all the support they get. And please don't feed me that endless line of bullshit that Sox fans show when the team wins..what a load of crap. 2005...99 wins...and still killed in attendance by a very mediocre Cub team by over 750,000.

I really don't know what the big deal is about Cubs fans vs Sox fans....it's pretty much all one way. The reason being there aren't enough Sox fans to really care about. All you got to do is look at these forums for proof of that. This forum goes days without a post.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This was my reaction to the Heyward and Zobrist signings.

So
, the same as 95% of realistic Sox fans for missing out on Cespedes, Upton, Gordon, Heyward, and the music never ends, it goes on and on and on, and on.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
I honestly don't give a fuck. But the thing is, the only reason the Sox are still even in this city is because of Reinsdorf and Einhorn literally scamming the city of Chicago to build them a stadium...or "we're relocating". They should have moved for all the support they get. And please don't feed me that endless line of bullshit that Sox fans show when the team wins..what a load of crap. 2005...99 wins...and still killed in attendance by a very mediocre Cub team by over 750,000.

I really don't know what the big deal is about Cubs fans vs Sox fans....it's pretty much all one way. The reason being there aren't enough Sox fans to really care about. All you got to do is look at these forums for proof of that. This forum goes days without a post.

I'll never understand Cubs fans and their obsession with stadium attendance. If that's all you have to hang your hat on, that's pretty fucking sad. I was born and raised on the northside of Chicago, and have been a diehard White Sox fan since the early '80s (11 years old). Personally, I give two shits about which team has more fans showing up to the games. That only means something if the team is leveraging it's ticket receipts and media revenues into additional payroll, which has never happened with the Cubs. Have you no sense of dignity or passion for the game? Owner after owner pocketing all that cash and one WS appearance since 1945. How does that not piss you off as a Cubs fan? I'd trade 750,000 more casual fans showing up to groundhog day on the northside for some real baseball fans and a world championship any day.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Attendance? The Sox could employ more vendors who need the money, if more fans would show up to the games. Why do you not care about your fellow Chicagoans?

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
Attendance? The Sox could employ more vendors who need the money, if more fans would show up to the games. Why do you not care about your fellow Chicagoans?

Now we're talking about vendors? :bowrofl: Nice straw man construct, but this has nothing to do with baseball.