It's May 1st and the Cubs are 15-12

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
Let's take a moment to laugh at ourselves.

A not-so-long time ago, in a few threads not that far away...

Might not even have to wait for the end of the season at this rate. Maybe they’ll blow it up at the trade deadline. #EverbodyOut. Let’s go!
sad how this whole thing appears to be crumbling before our eyes
Absolute Trainwreck.
Lol....
My 85 win prediction might be too high

Told y'all this bullpen sucks ass, dont know how some of you really thought theyd be better then last year
After this weekend, Cubs could be like 6 - 7 games out before they even play 10 games
Maddon days as cubs manager coming to an end, I'll be surprise if he makes it into May

Team needs a major shake up and it starts with firing the Manager
1-5 now Beck. Please let us know when it's okay to remain firmly entrenched on the ledge.
this thing is already a disaster. theo is a legit hof executive but he has done a terrible job since last season ended. he has done a terrible job navigating the joe situation. if you know he's not going to be around next year you fire him. he has done a terrible job navigating the budget situation - still no one exactly knows what is going on. if i'm ricketts i'm not even sure what to do at this point.

If there are ever must win games in April, these are it..
Definitely dont want to fall to 7 1/2 games back , that a huge hole to climb right out of the gate

Brewers are going to be so up for this series, cubs better be ready
It is gonna get ugly real soon IMO. Two team heading in polar direction.
I'm willing to bet that neither the Brewers nor the Cubs will play .857 or .167 ball the rest of the season.

Call me crazy.
Why Heyward shouldn't be in CF...

This one over already

New prediction 80 wins
What a fucking train wreck this team is
Maddon will definitely be gone by May if this keeps up...
Joe will be gone by April at this rate.
Seems like Maddon just wants to be fired..

Offense just gets them within 3 runs and he puts CJ in there who been crap so far and belongs in Iowa
I hope you enjoyed that WS. This team is cooked!

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Cubs are only 4 games above .500 and can still finish 16-146. Nice “gotcha” thread though. #EverybodyOut Lets go!

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
16-12*

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Let's take a moment to laugh at ourselves.

A not-so-long time ago, in a few threads not that far away...

How were you ever able to find examples of Chibears55 exaggerating and overreacting??!! Stunning!

?

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Pretty fair analysis

I didnt know that Chatwood has been touching 98 MPH in short stints.

It didn't include Maples. I wouldn't count on yet with his command issues.

This series should be telling. Not only are they up against the Cards. But their 2 worst starters are beginning it. Hendricks comes out like the 11 SO guy they have a shot at that game.

Darvish really needs to start proving that his talent justifies that check. Right now no.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
Pretty fair analysis

I didnt know that Chatwood has been touching 98 MPH in short stints.

It didn't include Maples. I wouldn't count on yet with his command issues.

This series should be telling. Not only are they up against the Cards. But their 2 worst starters are beginning it. Hendricks comes out like the 11 SO guy they have a shot at that game.

Darvish really needs to start proving that his talent justifies that check. Right now no.

I especially like point #1. But what do I know? I'm just a homer.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I especially like point #1. But what do I know? I'm just a homer.

There was some concern with Morrow in doubt and a bull pen pieced together on the cheap.

But let's be real. This pen will be exposed in a series. If Morrow fails to return by the deadline then expect a trade.

What we can take from all of this is Baez is legit. Contreras is back but they will need to have quality back ups for both soon. The days off in April have been a huge benefit to a team missing Russell and Caritiani.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I poked fun at myself and embraced the ribbing, but my statement yesterday was correct. Taylor Davis has no business in mlb.

We do need competent backups.

But for a team with a starter struggling, a starter on the DL for half the games thus far, a suspended starting SS and a closer on the DL, we are doing alright.

85Bears

Formerly known as 85Bears
Donator
Liked Posts:
Only two teams in MLB have a better record - Astros and the Twins.

It's obviously awesome, but I worry that this is a mirror image of the first part of the season and they're really not quite THAT good. Just like we shouldn't have freaked out in early April, we shouldn't crown their asses right now. Agree with TL1961 above. Go Cubs!

dabears253313

Liked Posts:
Some people care more about saying "I told you so" than actually seeing their team win.

This is exactly why you STFU at the beginning of the season if your team is struggling.

If you support your team then you're a "homer." If you're negative all the time then you're a "realist." Happens all the time in the Bears forum.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Some people care more about saying "I told you so" than actually seeing their team win.

This is exactly why you STFU at the beginning of the season if your team is struggling.

If you support your team then you're a "homer." If you're negative all the time then you're a "realist." Happens all the time in the Bears forum.
Dont be a meatball and you wont get meatballed