Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
http://m.espn.go.com/nba/story?storyId=11831408

LeBron, Irving exchange words

LeBron James and Kyrie Irving exchanged words in theCleveland Cavaliers' locker room following the team's 19-point loss to the Portland Trail Blazers on Tuesday night, and it led to Irving leaving quickly without speaking to the media, multiple sources told ESPN.com.

The discussion was seen as healthy, sources said, with the veteran James voicing concerns about the direction of the Cavs' offense. James scored just 11 points against the Blazers and did not score in the second half, and he was often not a part of the offense. Cleveland is off to a 1-3 start following a last-second loss to the Utah Jazz on Wednesday night.

"There's a lot of bad habits, a lot of bad habits been built up the past couple years," James said to the media moments after the exchange. "When you play that style of basketball, it takes a lot to get it up out of you."

James addressed Irving to discuss the way he'd been dominating the ball in the early going of the season. Irving is averaging just 3.8 assists thus far. He scored 34 points in the 102-100 loss Wednesday to the Jazz but had no assists in 45 minutes of playing time.

Irving hasn't had an assist in more than six quarters, and he's taken 36 shots in that span. The Cavs tied a franchise-record low with six assists, four of them from James, against the Jazz.

"For us, it was a growing process that we have to go through," Irving said Wednesday. "It sucks right now. For us, we're still young, and I'm still learning what's going on."

James expressed frustration for how the offense operated against the Jazz but complimented Irving on his scoring.

"Well, I mean, as far as [Irving's] scoring, it was big time. He made all the shots we needed to keep us in the game," James said. "He made some great plays down the stretch, finished above the rim. It was great."

"You just can't explain [the low assist totals]. There's no way you're going to win a basketball game like that, just having six assists. ... We just can't win like that, and we got to figure out a way to help each other and not make it so tough."

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Good Kyrie...keep being a ball hog

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Portland is a really fun team to watch.

payton 34ever

Liked Posts:
Lovin' this.

Kyrie ballhogging + LeBron not getting his touches = disaster.

This is why you have to consider chemistry and how guys' styles mesh together instead of just anointing someone a champion on paper.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Love the knee jerk reactions to this shit. Remember when the Heat started off poorly in 2010?

They ended up going to 4 straight NBA Finals.

The EC isn't going anywhere. James knows this. They have plenty of time to work through this crap.

I forgot... Kyrie and Love know what playing playoff and championship ball is all about. Wade and Bosh? Those scrubs never made it to the post season until LeBron.

/sarcasm.

payton 34ever

Liked Posts:
People keep committing the same mistake in regards to this argument. The only constant in the Heat/Cavaliers comparison is LeBron. Why do people keep referring to the 2010 Heat when talking about LeBron's new team? Not even close to the same group, especially experience and defensive-wise. If people want to argue the merits of the Cavaliers as they stand constructed now, fine. What was done in Miami has nothing to do with that and will not affect their success or failure. Let's stop following sports commentator, ESPN talking points like "Big 3" and evaluate each situation separately.

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
People keep committing the same mistake in regards to this argument. The only constant in the Heat/Cavaliers comparison is LeBron. Why do people keep referring to the 2010 Heat when talking about LeBron's new team? Not even close to the same group, especially experience and defensive-wise. If people want to argue the merits of the Cavaliers as they stand constructed now, fine. What was done in Miami has nothing to do with that and will not affect their success or failure. Let's stop following sports commentator, ESPN talking points like "Big 3" and evaluate each situation separately.

Exactly. These two teams aren't even remotely close in comparison. And people are forgetting the fact that the Cavs have a rookie coach and that is a BIG difference between those teams. Hate on Spo all you want but he had some crap Heat teams in the playoffs before the Big 3.

There's not much to this story itself. Of course Lebron and Irving were going to get into after being blown out. But it doesn't seem like it helped much as Irving went on to deliver a whopping 0 Assists in 45 mins of play last night. The Cavs team as whole had less assists than both Butler and Rose dished out last night. The growing pains are going to last for a few months with this team I think. I don't expect them to hit their true stride til around January.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Exactly. These two teams aren't even remotely close in comparison. And people are forgetting the fact that the Cavs have a rookie coach and that is a BIG difference between those teams. Hate on Spo all you want but he had some crap Heat teams in the playoffs before the Big 3.

There's not much to this story itself. Of course Lebron and Irving were going to get into after being blown out. But it doesn't seem like it helped much as Irving went on to deliver a whopping 0 Assists in 45 mins of play last night. The Cavs team as whole had less assists than both Butler and Rose dished out last night. The growing pains are going to last for a few months with this team I think. I don't expect them to hit their true stride til around January.
That is more so my point. They aren't very good right now and probably won't be. They'll hit their stride and make the playoffs, which is all that really matters. They will have two inexperienced star in the playoffs, but they have the best player in the NBA with a ton of playoff experience. So who know's. Until the Cavs lose a playoff series in the East, I don't see things changing in the east.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
If the Bulls manage to stay healthy, I believe they'll beat Cleveland due to Cleveland's inexperience in the playoffs.

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
If the Bulls manage to stay healthy, I believe they'll beat Cleveland due to Cleveland's inexperience in the playoffs.

Even if they do, they won't beat whoever comes out of the West.

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
Even if they do, they won't beat whoever comes out of the West.

I disagree with dismissing the Bulls chances against a West team simply because the competition is more fierce. The playoffs are all about match ups and I feel like this team matches up well against any team in the league. I for one won't count the team out simply because of the conference we play in.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I disagree with dismissing the Bulls chances against a West team simply because the competition is more fierce. The playoffs are all about match ups and I feel like this team matches up well against any team in the league. I for one won't count the team out simply because of the conference we play in.

If they are even to win the East, Rose has got to become healthy and be at least 90% of the player he was three years ago. I'm not sure he will. I said earlier that it looks like Rose is favoring his injured leg and I still believe that he is. I think that he really is afraid of being the Rose that he once was and that really is understandable. I do not think that this team is a powerhouse. I do not think that there is a powerhouse in the NBA.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
This Cavs team is not built like Miami was. Wade is simply a better player than Kyrie is and Bosh is showing early on, he may actually be better than Love. Bosh right now is killing it without Lebron and leading that team along with D Wade. He is rebounding at a high rate and being efficient and aggressive offensively. He is also a better defender than Love is. Kevin Love may have be an overrated product of being the only good option on a bad team. Not saying he isn't a bad player, just not a top 10-15 player like everyone thought he was.

Than you look at the supporting cast. it's soft. No Battier, Udonis Haslem, Birdman type players who are solid defensively and give them a defensive identity. Varejao isn't athletic or long enough to be a rim protector even though he is a hustle guy and rebounder. Tristan Thompson is too small to be a rim protector and just doesn't seem like he has any defensive awareness but once again a hustle, high energy guy. Waiters, Kyrie and Miller are below average defensively.

I think the Cavs need another off-season to add some pieces.

Papa Wheelie

Liked Posts:
I expected this stuff myself. Throw in a coach that has never coached in the NBA and the Cavs are going to struggle. The Cavs are not the team the Heat was. The Heat is playing well w/o LJ now. LOL at the people that thought the Cavs were just going to automatically dominate the NBA!

vinson555

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You have the Bulls with the injured rose... and Kyre would be better off as a 2 guard the way he plays... I think with how young and talented those three players are... Thibs would get them to play some D... lucky he's our team's coach instead.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If they are even to win the East, Rose has got to become healthy and be at least 90% of the player he was three years ago. I'm not sure he will. I said earlier that it looks like Rose is favoring his injured leg and I still believe that he is. I think that he really is afraid of being the Rose that he once was and that really is understandable. I do not think that this team is a powerhouse. I do not think that there is a powerhouse in the NBA.

Of all things, I don't see Rose favoring either leg.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I forgot... Kyrie and Love know what playing playoff and championship ball is all about. Wade and Bosh? Those scrubs never made it to the post season until LeBron.

/sarcasm.

Forest from the trees here derp king. It's not specifically about the Heat, it's about making knee jerk reactions on a 5 game sample size of any team. You think the Kings are making the playoffs? Will the Raptors be the 1 seed?

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Forest from the trees here derp king. It's not specifically about the Heat, it's about making knee jerk reactions on a 5 game sample size of any team. You think the Kings are making the playoffs? Will the Raptors be the 1 seed?
2015 NBA Finals Baby!

Shepard

Renegade
Donator
Liked Posts:
The only potential long term problem the Cavs have, which many of us thought they would have prior to the season:

They can't guard anyone.

This is a legitimate concern, which may not change this year or next with their current roster.