Jay on ESPN1000 at 5pm

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
sigh... I just took the time to read this entire shitshow and I haven't the first fuckin clue about what was said by cutty

rage.gif

Trump32

Liked Posts:
Have you ever watched hockey before? Have you ever even ice skated before? Hockey requires a great deal of athleticism, endurance, muscle memory, coordination and toughness.

I think football players just seem more athletic because their athleticism is extensively tested, recorded, and highly publicized and scrutinized.

Yes. Unfortunately.

Yes. Even played for five years. Wore my ass out every single day.

Almost all sports ever created in the history of man require what you listed.

Simple fact of physics: ice is slippery, much less friction than grass/turf, as such the hockey players are not as much in control, they make fine adjustments to momentum to change directions, and try to conserve as much momentum as possible for speed. As the athletes aren't doing as much work per second of actual activity they go for much longer stretches. If you can't understand this i cannot help you.

Hockey is an endurance sport. It is exhausting as hell, but even in that regard it pales in comparison to wrestling. Im not saying skill isn't involved, obviously that's not true, but try to use some logic here.

Trump32

Liked Posts:
sigh... I just took the time to read this entire shitshow and I haven't the first fuckin clue about what was said by cutty

rage.gif

The show is on demand in the espn app if you want to check it out. I recapped earlier how he doesn't want anything to do with his kid unless forced, at least until 18 months. He's probably afraid of catching mumps.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Yes. Unfortunately.

Yes. Even played for five years. Wore my ass out every single day.

Almost all sports ever created in the history of man require what you listed.

Simple fact of physics: ice is slippery, much less friction than grass/turf, as such the hockey players are not as much in control, they make fine adjustments to momentum to change directions, and try to conserve as much momentum as possible for speed. As the athletes aren't doing as much work per second of actual activity they go for much longer stretches. If you can't understand this i cannot help you.

Hockey is an endurance sport. It is exhausting as hell, but even in that regard it pales in comparison to wrestling. Im not saying skill isn't involved, obviously that's not true, but try to use some logic here.

Endurance? Not really. More anaerobic than anything else, actually.

You make it sound like hockey players are just coasting around the rink and turning left and right every now and then, when it couldn't be farther from the truth. Hockey is all about quick stops and quicker starts. It's actually rather similar to football in that regard. Flat-out sprints to the puck in a hockey game are just about as rare as a 40-yard dash in a football game.

Trump32

Liked Posts:
Anaerobic is one of the four types of endurance.

I didn't say hockey is just skating in circles like they were teenagers in love at a roller rink.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:

I didn't say hockey is just skating in circles like they were teenagers in love at a roller rink.

Then what was the point of this sentence:

As the athletes aren't doing as much work per second of actual activity they go for much longer stretches.

The average hockey shift is around 30 or 45 seconds.

Trump32

Liked Posts:
Then what was the point of this sentence:

The average hockey shift is around 30 or 45 seconds.

Vs the average play in the NFL being around 7-8 seconds. 500% shorter, hence the point of my sentence.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
So they're both extremely physically taxing just in a slightly different manner. That's all I got.

Trump32

Liked Posts:
So they're both extremely physically taxing just in a slightly different manner. That's all I got.
But it's more like sex vs. Watching the Kardashians. Both are taxing to be sure, but one takes more overall athletic ability.

AHSIllini32

Liked Posts:

Saying hockey is an endurance sport implies that it's aerobic. Otherwise every sport would be classified as endurance because they're either aerobic or anaerobic. People don't often use anaerobic and endurance in the same sentence because at their roots their are physiologically different.

Kazu2324

Liked Posts:
That's because Americans that have the required level of athletic ability choose to play the other major sports instead. Not sure how that invalidates my point, seems to confirm it.

That and hockey tends to be a more expensive sport to play as a kid. Not many schools have their own rinks or give kids equipment. rink time can be expensive and not everywhere has free public outdoor rinks for kids to play. Weather makes a difference too. It's hard for Canadian kids to play other sports year round but hockey is easier because of the ease of accessibility. It's actually pretty expensive to get personal training for something like football for like 6-8 months of the year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trump32

Liked Posts:
Saying hockey is an endurance sport implies that it's aerobic. Otherwise every sport would be classified as endurance because they're either aerobic or anaerobic. People don't often use anaerobic and endurance in the same sentence because at their roots their are physiologically different.
That would be inferred not implied, there are four types of endurance aerobic, anaerobic, strength and speed.

AHSIllini32

Liked Posts:
That would be inferred not implied, there are four types of endurance aerobic, anaerobic, strength and speed.

You literally got that off of the first website that pops up in google when you type in types of endurance. It's more just a matter of how you interpret endurance. Aerobic and anaerobic capacity as well as strength and power and four entirely different things and endurance more often than not falls into the aerobic category. Anaerobic capacity or threshold is how it's referred to.