Jimmy Bulter SG or SF

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Well, Jimmy wouldn't move to SF, as he's already a SF. He's listed as a SF, drafted as a SF, played SF in college, I don't think it gets any clearer than that. Jimmy Buter is 100% a SF, and just because a player can play multiple positions, don't let that fool you.

And Boozer is an offensive PF, as that is what he does. Boozer is arguably the best post-up man in the NBA, in a league where post-up players are only as good as their setup players. We don't have a setup player, this is why Boozer doesn't fit in Chicago. But there is no sense in arguing over Boozer, there isn't a whole lot the Bulls can do about him, unless someone wants to trade for him(as anyone who has n IQ of 10 or above already knows that he wont be amnestied.)

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm basing it on the development of his jump shot and his defense. Up until about 4 months ago his shot was not guard worthy, but it continues to develop to the point that it merely needs to stay the same as his playoff run.

I hope it improves another step, but offensivley I don't understand what part of his game looks like a forward.

Boozer is absolutely an offensive PF. I just think its obvious our starting lineup next year should be Rose-Butler-Deng-Boozer-Noah Call him whatever you want.

scottiepippen1994

Liked Posts:
Jimmy= Small Forward 1st............................Small Guard 2nd.....................................................................Pf 3rd............................................Pg 4th.......................................................Center 5th..........................................

:smug:

RC_Skinny22

Sharpshooter
Donator
Liked Posts:
In todays basketball, there are more than 5 positions to clarify players better:

Point Guard
- Combo Guard
Shooting Guard
- Swingman
Small Forward
- Stretch Forward
- Point Forward
Power Forward
- Forward-Center
Center

Jimmy Butler is a swingman, like Luol Deng is a Stretch Forward! End of story!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swingman

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
Well, Jimmy wouldn't move to SF, as he's already a SF. He's listed as a SF, drafted as a SF, played SF in college, I don't think it gets any clearer than that. Jimmy Buter is 100% a SF, and just because a player can play multiple positions, don't let that fool you.

And Boozer is an offensive PF, as that is what he does. Boozer is arguably the best post-up man in the NBA, in a league where post-up players are only as good as their setup players. We don't have a setup player, this is why Boozer doesn't fit in Chicago. But there is no sense in arguing over Boozer, there isn't a whole lot the Bulls can do about him, unless someone wants to trade for him(as anyone who has n IQ of 10 or above already knows that he wont be amnestied.)
Oh really? Boozer is an offensive PF cuz he sucks at defense! I'd be the first to give Booze credit for his play this year, BUT he is NOT a premier scorer as a big, period! Your very point that he needs a setup man to do his thing says it all. How about a big that can setup his own shot???? Oh snap!

Tell me what fuckin big man the bulls have that can setup their own shot with LJ checking him? I'll help, we don't have one! And yes Jimmy can't either. He can play defense on LJ for sure, but he won't challenge him offensively! Get it? Man........

I fuckin can't believe you want to spend this off season finding guys to set up Boozer? Just fucking pure genius I tell ya!

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Oh really? Boozer is an offensive PF cuz he sucks at defense! I'd be the first to give Booze credit for his play this year, BUT he is NOT a premier scorer as a big, period! Your very point that he needs a setup man to do his thing says it all. How about a big that can setup his own shot???? Oh snap!

Tell me what fuckin big man the bulls have that can setup their own shot with LJ checking him? I'll help, we don't have one! And yes Jimmy can't either. He can play defense on LJ for sure, but he won't challenge him offensively! Get it? Man........

I fuckin can't believe you want to spend this off season finding guys to set up Boozer? Just fucking pure genius I tell ya!

Most PF's don't setup their own shot. If that is your definition of an offensive PF, then only 2% of PFs in the NBA are offensive. And at no point did I say I want to spend this off season finding guys to setup Boozer. You are hallucinating.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Dude...calm down.

Big men need to first receive the ball before they can do anything...that's why a setup guy is important. Note how much better Boozer played with Hinrich in the lineup compared to Nate. It doesn't matter how many post moves you can do if you don't have the ball. There's only a handful of players that can score with Lebron on them anyway. Dwight Howard would have his problems because he has less post moves than I do. Bynum might be able to pull it off if he was ever healthy. Kevin Love? Maybe. I'm not sure who you're aiming to get. Boozer isn't going anywhere, so we might as well try to use what we have.

Freakyslow15

Liked Posts:

Boozer is a face the basket jump shooting big. He gets his shots blocked a lot with his back to the basket. He is good at uncontested layups when his defender leaves him to double team ball penetration and the penetrator finds him alone. Not even close to the best post up man in the NBA. I give Z-Bo my vote for that title.

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
Dude...calm down.

Big men need to first receive the ball before they can do anything...that's why a setup guy is important. Note how much better Boozer played with Hinrich in the lineup compared to Nate. It doesn't matter how many post moves you can do if you don't have the ball. There's only a handful of players that can score with Lebron on them anyway. Dwight Howard would have his problems because he has less post moves than I do. Bynum might be able to pull it off if he was ever healthy. Kevin Love? Maybe. I'm not sure who you're aiming to get. Boozer isn't going anywhere, so we might as well try to use what we have.
Dude! I got news for you. Boozer + Taj + Mirotic coming in 2014 = CLUSTERFUCK!

I do believe I was talking SF's to begin with, but ..... with Taj's salary jumping way up to $8 mil, and Boozers at $15 mil, that's A LOT of money for the PF position. Especially when your trying to clear money for Mirotic in 2014!!! The Bulls tried like heck to trade Boozer last year, why on earth do you think they won't try to trade him this off season?

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
How the heck did this turn into a Boozer conversation...?