CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I said 3 months ago in this forum that, if the Cubs don't make it to the WS, then Maddon is done. Source was one of the highest team executive
Is that same executive telling you Schwarber gained 20 pounds back?

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
When it happens with Madden you will deny I predicted it

The question is....will you fess up to being dead wrong if he doesn't get launched? There are guys on here (two in particular)that say dumb shit constantly and never have the stones to admit they were wrong...always some lame ass excuse. But I don't think you're like that. You're a crazy old goat but I believe you're man enough to admit when you are wrong.

Hopefully the Cubs make the WS and this post becomes a moot point.

garapp

Liked Posts:
Best record in NL, ranked 4th thru 6 th in baseball weekly and Maddon is done? Not always been a Joe fan with his crazy road theme parties and ego-still don't think Renteria should have been dumped for him-but the Cubs record the past few years speaks for itself

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Best record in NL, ranked 4th thru 6 th in baseball weekly and Maddon is done? Not always been a Joe fan with his crazy road theme parties and ego-still don't think Renteria should have been dumped for him-but the Cubs record the past few years speaks for itself

Renteria wouldnt have been able to handle all these guys. I like him, but Maddon was needed for what we were about to try. Its not normal for a team to be so versatile. You needed a coach who is just as wacky. Also, Maddon is probably the reason Baez is still on the team and we can all thank him for that.

kapooncha

Liked Posts:
Cubs only up 3 in the L column on Brewers now. Assuming the worst and Cubs lose the division and/or get bounced in the WC game, Maddon should be sweating. Especially for the amount of money he is rumored to be seeking.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Maddon doesn't sign the pitching. That's on Theo. Considering how frail the pitching rotation and relief corps has been this season, it's a miracle they are on top of the division at this point in the season.

kapooncha

Liked Posts:
Maddon doesn't sign the pitching. That's on Theo. Considering how frail the pitching rotation and relief corps has been this season, it's a miracle they are on top of the division at this point in the season.

I'm not necessarily saying he doesn't sign the pitching. But bullpen seems to be falling apart and I will fault him for that. He is also rumored to be looking for $10 mil a season. Sorry but no way in hell should he get that if he doesn't produce in the playoffs this season. $10 million is for a magic man, not someone who can't win the division.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I'm not necessarily saying he doesn't sign the pitching. But bullpen seems to be falling apart and I will fault him for that. He is also rumored to be looking for $10 mil a season. Sorry but no way in hell should he get that if he doesn't produce in the playoffs this season. $10 million is for a magic man, not someone who can't win the division.
Rumors are just that. Stop believing them.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:

The Cubs were "rumored" to be trading Russell and Montgomery to the Orioles for Machado, too.

kapooncha

Liked Posts:
We win a ship for the first time in 108 years. The FO and manager hasnt done their job. 3 NLCS later

And Joe was paid for managing the team in 2016. You don't pay someone for past performance. You pay them for what they are going to do going forward. Joe Maddon is basically a stats guy but he's just using info that the FO gives him. It's not as if Maddon is in there with his spreadsheets "crunching" numbers.

If the team doesn't accomplish what is expected this season, you need to evaluate what went wrong and what to do going forward. You don't just shrug your shoulders and say "welp we won in 2016 so it's cool."

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
And Joe was paid for managing the team in 2016. You don't pay someone for past performance. You pay them for what they are going to do going forward. Joe Maddon is basically a stats guy but he's just using info that the FO gives him. It's not as if Maddon is in there with his spreadsheets "crunching" numbers.

If the team doesn't accomplish what is expected this season, you need to evaluate what went wrong and what to do going forward. You don't just shrug your shoulders and say "welp we won in 2016 so it's cool."

We have the best record in the NL currently. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Maddon will probably end up taking over for Renteria again.