John Rooney

Chi-Fire

#1 Fire Fan
Liked Posts:
Today 2/11/11 i saw in the News Paper and on yahoo soccer sections homepage that John Rooney, Wayne Rooneys little brother was drafted to the New York Red Bulls. Lets hope hes not going to be a threat to the Fire
GET HIM DEAD OR ALIVE! :kick: Heres a link

MLS - Photo Gallery - Yahoo! Sports

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Anyone got a scouting report?

kjk

Liked Posts:
I remember he played for a 2nd/3rd Division team in England. That's two Levels below the Premier League.

Apparently he's a fast player with an eye for goal but he'll never live up to the level of his Brother.

Rooney started his career as a YTS player (This is like College in America... I think) with Everton before moving to Macclesfield, where he signed professional terms on 14 July, 4 months after his professional debut against Barnet on 24 March 2008. His first ever career goal came against Dagenham & Redbridge in a 2–1 loss on 28 March 2009.

With Rooney's Macclesfield contract due to expire at the end of the 2009-10 season, he was linked with a move away to Championship side Derby County and went on a week-long trial at Pride Park in February 2010. The original intention was for Rooney to play a part in Derby County Reserves match against Sheffield United reserves but the match was postponed due to weather conditions. Derby manager Nigel Clough was impressed with Rooney, saying "He has looked OK in training. We can see he has got something" and stating a desire to bring Rooney back on a second trial to play him in the club's next reserve fixture against Sheffield Wednesday.

John Rooney Wikipedia entry about his time at Macclesfield Town which is in League Two (Third Diviison), Three Levels below the Premier League.

Last edited: