K.White finna BALL the **** out this season maybe?

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
The thing I am surprised to read about is His Bad Habits.
What bad habits ?
Hasn't he been route running for years now between injuries ?
How could this be viewed as a bad habit. Is he talking about the way he viewed himself and his injuries ??

Maybe he was down on himself for getting hurt ?? Shit happens. I wish him Good Luck with the Cardinals and hope he gets shutdown by the BEARs DBs if they play....which means PlayOffs !!!

He did have a bad habit of getting injured

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
White just brings absolutely no value to any team. At best he would be a WR4, but more than likely a WR5. Being that far down on the depth chart, he needs to be an asset on ST in some form or fashion. I don't think he ever played ST's for the Bears?

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Nobody really knows what the Cards offense will look like this season, some version of the air raid system that Kingsbury and Kyler Murray were both running last year. If some of the young guys are familiar with that system that would hurt Whites chances.

I don't know how many points they will score but it should be fun to watch. I hope White does great, he never seemed like an asshole.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
White's problem was never getting hurt actually. He couldn't grasp the playbook thus he never would gain the trust of Nagy. When ARob was out for those few games last year, White barely got any PT. This tells you the whole story. I don't care how athletic or how hard you work at it or how this or that has shaped you as a person. If you can't do the basics like learn the playbook, you're gonna suck in the NFL.

This should have been obvious from interviewing White and seeing his tape at WV. Pace really flubbed that pick no question.

Da Coach

Liked Posts:
I'll never know what Pace saw in him. Probably the worst top 10 draft pick I can remember since JaMarcus Russell.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
White is one of those guys where you know the pick was bad when it was made. Definitely the tyrus thomas of the nfl.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
Unfortunately for Kevin, he just never ran the same after all his injuries. Something looks mechanically off when I watch him run. I wish him the best, but when your body isn't functioning like it used to, the odds are against you.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
I'll never know what Pace saw in him. Probably the worst top 10 draft pick I can remember since JaMarcus Russell.

White was the all around consensus pick for the Bears. Of course, most were hoping for Cooper to fall, but White was rated top 10 by most around the league. From what I remember from his college tape, I never saw White create much separation, but his ability to high-point and come up with 50/50 balls was impeccable.

Also, WR was a huge need at the time. Maybe a bit of it was Pace's own doing due to releasing B Marshall, but in hindsight, you can't fault him considering it seems to have been a decision made to fix the culture.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
White is one of those guys where you know the pick was bad when it was made. Definitely the tyrus thomas of the nfl.

This simply is not true. Most on here and around the league applauded the pick. It only was bad from the on start due to the unfortunate reality of injuries. We never got a chance to see White in a Bears uniform before the injuries. It was a bad pick due to misfortune, not from a mere talent perspective.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
This simply is not true. Most on here and around the league applauded the pick. It only was bad from the on start due to the unfortunate reality of injuries. We never got a chance to see White in a Bears uniform before the injuries. It was a bad pick due to misfortune, not from a mere talent perspective.
Even if he wasn't injured, he wasn't going to be worthy of his draft spot. Speedsters like white have never made great receivers in the nfl.

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
They gave him ~$1.5M, which is essentially around the vet minimum.

The Bears drafted him in the first round and gave him ~$16.5M.
I hope he invested some of it or he's going to end up as the only guy on the crew installing plastic shower surrounds who ran a sub 4.4 forty.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I agree, with White playing WITH his Idol, actually having a mentor with the same physical qualities, was what lacked as much as health with White as a bear.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Can't wait for the shit storm between DaBears and everyone else when White blows up this year.

Book it!

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish

I was at the draft, outside in Grant Park, the whole place went ape shit cheering the pick, nobody on CCS or the media had a problem with the pick. At the time it was viewed as the Bears getting lucky to have a team need and the BAA fall in their laps. The media was saying Cooper is at his peak, he's good but that is as good as he will ever be, while White has way more potential, because size speed , freak of nature. 6'3" 215 lbs 4.35 40.

Something looks mechanically off when I watch him run.

Are you taking a shot at him because he in now more machine than man?

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I was at the draft, outside in Grant Park, the whole place went ape shit cheering the pick, nobody on CCS or the media had a problem with the pick. At the time it was viewed as the Bears getting lucky to have a team need and the BAA fall in their laps. The media was saying Cooper is at his peak, he's good but that is as good as he will ever be, while White has way more potential, because size speed , freak of nature. 6'3" 215 lbs 4.35 40.

Are you taking a shot at him because he in now more machine than man?

I was excited. His physical numbers were absurd. Turns out he is a fragile dumb ass.

Look at this quote from the article in the OP:

"The learning curve is steep for White, who is going into his fifth NFL season."

A steep learning curve? In his fucking 5th season? Good luck.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
THIS WAS THE MISTAKE THAT ALTERED THE COURSE OF RYAN PACES CAREER

FROM THE KEVIN WHITE DRAFT PICK ONWARD PACE HAS BEEN SPOT ON EVALUATING TALENT. ONCE HE STOPPED DRAFTING INJURED PLAYERS LIKE WHITE, THE BEARS BECAME A CONTENDAH.