Kamen to Bulls, 4 way trade idea

Simeon2UC

Liked Posts:
Chicago Bulls: C.Kaman, and S.Rodriguez

Indiana Pacers: T.Outlaw, and S.Blake

Portland Trailblazers: B.Davis, and Bulls 26th pick

Los Angeles Clippers: TJ. Ford, and B.Miller

Bulls: Kaman is clearly a piece we can add to mix with Ty.Thomas and Noah. He's younger than Brad Miller and potentially can provide us with some more shooting ability. He has some intriguing low post moves that allows him to score around the shaded lane. Sergio on the other hand is a great second option to bring off the bench once Rose sit. He can play uptempo with energy and has one amazing sense for getting others involved. He commits Turn-overs a lot but he usually likes to make home-run sequences. I remember a game where he got eight assist in five minutes against Wolves last year. He's definitely under-rated in my opinion.

Pacers: Outlaw and Blake are good pickups for TJ Ford. Both can contribute major minutes off the bench if not start. Very nice role players for Indiana. Outlaw gives them a runner-up for the sixth man again next year, While Blake either starts next year for them - depending on what they do with their draft pick - or sit next year as the second option.I would assume in this concept, that they'll draft a Point Guard and have Blake come off the bench.

Blazers: No more question marks around whom is running the team. Davis is proven and works hard every off-season to stay in shape. Plus, Davis puts up ridiculous stats every year in the league. He's considered one of the leagues best Point Guards when healthy. This past year, Davis has been healthy playing for the Clippers but couldn't turn a previous struggling franchise around. He should do great with Blazers who are already in the playoffs, whom have a top 5 Shooting Guard in the league too.

Clippers: Right now, Clippers are in rebuilding mode and basically want to remove cap. Ford is a Point Guard that can start on any team in the NBA. He's a good decision maker which is great because the dude is lightning quick. athletically he's proven in the NBA and can't be contained one-on-one at times. His contract expires next season which does this organization a lot of help. Clippers aren't going anywhere with this roster constructed the way it is. Additional, Miller contract helps out a lot too. Next season, Clippers will remove 11 Milli off the books from Miller. While he's there, Miller can be a great passer to Blake Griffin cutting corners for emphatic ducks. He could help his development soundly, just look at how he benefited Ty.Thomas. Overall, Clippers would do this because Camby would be the only player coming off the books.

chi_hawks_23

Liked Posts:
Re:Kaman Agent interested in Bulls?!?!

Maybe I missed it, but is there a link? Otherwise, I don't understand the thread title.

And also, Id pass on Kaman, period. Its another crap contract, and I think there is a trade kicker that makes the salary jump like 15% if hes traded. Hes just not worth it.

Simeon2UC

Liked Posts:

I disagree. Kaman contract doesn't have a clause.

chi_hawks_23

Liked Posts:

Simeon2UC wrote:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2641609

And it also includes a "trade kicker" that would give the center a 15 percent raise -- a maximum value of $7.5 million -- if he were dealt to another team. For Kaman, that's insurance he'll be staying in L.A., or at worst, compensated nicely if he's ever dealt.

You were saying?

Rose1

Liked Posts:

chi_hawks_23 wrote:
Simeon2UC wrote:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2641609

And it also includes a "trade kicker" that would give the center a 15 percent raise -- a maximum value of $7.5 million -- if he were dealt to another team. For Kaman, that's insurance he'll be staying in L.A., or at worst, compensated nicely if he's ever dealt.

You were saying?

I think it's a good trade when you simulate him with Tyrus and Joakim. Nobody is doubting his abilities at all, Kaman is a 16 ppg and 2 bpg type of player. We don't have that production up-front. Besides, you're going to suffer financially if you want to win.

dynastyVI

Liked Posts:

I don't think the question with Kaman is the ability. It's with his durability and contract. We already have Deng's contract being an albatross. Sure, he could heal, toughen up, and be a solid player again. But I don't see it right now.

dougthonus

Liked Posts:

I doubt we'd trade for Kamen due to the trade kicker, however, Kamen can waive the clause if he chooses, and he may choose to if it gets him out of LA's suddenly crowded frontcourt with Griffin, Camby, Randolph, and himself.

Talentwise, he's okay when healthy, but he's often not healthy, and even without the trade kicker his contract isn't so hot. I'd take him for Brad Miller + #26 if he waived the trade kicker, and I think you could probably do that without involving any other teams.

The Blazers sure aren't going to take on Baron Davis that's for sure. That contract is as good as dead unless GS wants him back. It'd make more sense for the Blazers to trade Outlaw/Blake for Ford than to get Davis.

Bullsman24

Mr Metta World Peace
Liked Posts:

wait, so it's purely brad miller and the 26 for kaman, a proven double double player?

i think we at least have to put the 16 in for the 26, and probably more to get them to agree.

but with his contract, i'm not interested.

jgonboricua

Liked Posts:
not to mention davis had a horrible year after signing the contract. Golden state is the only team that will prolly want him back because he is a system player and sucked in the clippers offence. another issue i have is portland trading both of their point gaurds, unless they get someone they feel can really take the team, like hinrich or someone of atleast that caliber or they feel bayless is ready to take the reigns, they arent trading blake....