'Keep Praying for Gale'-Sobering Athletic Article on Sayers...

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sad shit here boys. Could have been the greatest if not for that terrible knee injury.

When Gale Sayers is introduced along with 200 other former players at the Bears100 Celebration on Friday in Rosemont, his ovation is likely to be the loudest and longest.

In fact, it might the loudest and longest he has heard in his 76 years. It would be fitting.

Sayers was a once-in-a-century football player. As George Halas once said, “His like will never be seen again.”

But this world has a way of humbling the most special among us.

Sayers has severe dementia. He doesn’t talk much anymore. He is often without expression.

https://theathletic.com/1009883/201...-for-the-teams-celebration-but-he-needs-help/

gilder121

I don't care nearly as much anymore
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wish the best for the guy. Dementia is AWFUL. You don't really recover from this type of thing but I hope his progress is as painless as can be and he is surrounded by family.

On a side note, The Athletic content is fantastic. Worth the price tag. Pompei, Durkin, Jahns are all excellent. Fishbain has some good stuff too.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Wonder if this is CTE related and if so, had anything to do with his general grumpiness before getting this diagnosis. Blocked from the article so apologies if some of this mentioned.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wish the best for the guy. Dementia is AWFUL. You don't really recover from this type of thing but I hope his progress is as painless as can be and he is surrounded by family.

On a side note, The Athletic content is fantastic. Worth the price tag. Pompei, Durkin, Jahns are all excellent. Fishbain has some good stuff too.
No mention of CTE or his surliness. Did mention that during the filming of A Football Life that Butkus noticed Sayers not being able to follow conversations or answer questions very well.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Was lucky enough to be at the Wrigley Field game where Sayers scored record 6 TDs against the 49ers in the rain. Saw every play he ever ran

Years later he owned an IT Reseller on the north shore and would show up to various corporate golf outings

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Wonder if this is CTE related and if so, had anything to do with his general grumpiness before getting this diagnosis. Blocked from the article so apologies if some of this mentioned.

“Like the doctor at the Mayo Clinic said, ‘Yes, a part of this has to be on football,’ ” Gale Sayers’s wife, Ardie, told Vahe Gregorian of the Kansas City Star. “ … It wasn’t so much getting hit in the head … It’s just the shaking of the brain when they took him down with the force they play the game in.”

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
“Like the doctor at the Mayo Clinic said, ‘Yes, a part of this has to be on football,’ ” Gale Sayers’s wife, Ardie, told Vahe Gregorian of the Kansas City Star. “ … It wasn’t so much getting hit in the head … It’s just the shaking of the brain when they took him down with the force they play the game in.”

Not a Fansided article so it can't be trusted.

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Enjoying the bit of attention you are getting today old fart? Feeling warm from the hatred, and alive?

napo55

Liked Posts:
Truly the most spectacular open field runner ever.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Ultimately, aren't all threads about Omelet?
just because you may be our oldest of age member and claimed over and over again for the last 20 years or so it seems like...., you did NOT post a thing without ever showing any fucking proof of your stories since the fucking CBMB days has started a long time ago.

FUCKING NOTHING. You proved shit.

ETA; my bad guys, i was hoping to enjoy this thread...but nope!

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
just because you may be our oldest of age member and claimed over and over again for the last 20 years or so it seems like...., you did NOT post a thing without ever showing any fucking proof of your stories since the fucking CBMB days has started a long time ago.

FUCKING NOTHING. You proved shit.

ETA; my bad guys, i was hoping to enjoy this thread...but nope!
Dipshit, what do you want "proven"?

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Ommy has proven repeatedly that he is a pathological liar, I never believe a word he posts. Once he tried to offere evidence to support his claims about where he lives. He posted a picture of his backyard, it was a picture from the web site of a Canadian construction company, after that he stopped trying. Really it's all bullshit he's living in a fantasy world.

Look up Willy Loman, that is what ommy's life is like. Feel free to pity him, but never believe him.