kinda lost

kvalentine

Liked Posts:
on how some of these team are throwing great prospects out for ok players.. why cant we dangle garza out there? if i were the bluejays i would def take garza over dickey any day of the week.

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
No team knows if he's healthy and he just started pitching off the mound about a week ago. They went for the sure thing and an innings eater.

Uman85

Oh Yeah.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not taking anything away from Dickey, but I guess I'm skeptical about whether he can replicate his 2012 season next year. I think he'll still be a good pitcher, but I don't see him being the dominant force that he was last year. It was an incredible season, but would be really hard to repeat.

Mr. Cub

2016 World Series Champs!
Liked Posts:
Not taking anything away from Dickey, but I guess I'm skeptical about whether he can replicate his 2012 season next year. I think he'll still be a good pitcher, but I don't see him being the dominant force that he was last year. It was an incredible season, but would be really hard to repeat.

Especially being in the AL East now...

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
I feel pretty confident in predicting that Dickey will have a better season in 2013 than Matt Garza, and he costs less. Add in the fact that he doesn't have the heath concerns that Garza does, and I think it is pretty clear to see why while a slight overpay that Dickey is worth a top 20 prospect in baseball and Garza is not.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
on how some of these team are throwing great prospects out for ok players.. why cant we dangle garza out there? if i were the bluejays i would def take garza over dickey any day of the week.

you're crazy. A question mark injured pitcher who is a 2 on his best day but usually slotted as a 3 in a good rotation versus a knuckleballer. Im a sox fan and if I had the choice id take Dickey well before garza.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

the bluejays have a better team than the mets. he will get the run support to make up the .5 run differential from the nl to the al.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Dickey is old, but knuckleballers typically don't have the same kind of wear and tear on their arms.

Uman85

Oh Yeah.
Donator
Liked Posts:
the bluejays have a better team than the mets. he will get the run support to make up the .5 run differential from the nl to the al.

I'm not doubting that. I don't see him having the same ERA and K/9 in the AL though, especially in the East. He'll still be a better top of the rotation pitcher than most.

MRubio52

Liked Posts:
Garza's a 3 nowadays. The only reason you would take Garza over Dickey is to mitigate risk, and that's only if you also think Knucklers are too unpredictable to rely on. Garza and Shields are closer in value, but I'd similarly like to have Big Game James over Garza too. Garza is likely to net some mid level guys, but no rain makers.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Garza's a 3 nowadays. The only reason you would take Garza over Dickey is to mitigate risk, and that's only if you also think Knucklers are too unpredictable to rely on. Garza and Shields are closer in value, but I'd similarly like to have Big Game James over Garza too. Garza is likely to net some mid level guys, but no rain makers.

Which is why I doubt Garza gets moved. I think unless Garza holds out for top dollar he will be extended.

kvalentine

Liked Posts:
i can see some of your points but to me there is no way i give up that much to get dickey. i dont see him coming anywhere close to matching his numbers this past year.

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
If I was AA, I would not have. But when you want to win, you'll do anything to make that happen. So, it makes sense for both sides. It's a good trade for the Jays now and a good trade for the Mets down the road, So, it works itself out.