run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
remydat said:

Re: Moon
I think it was due to a mediocre college career.
I don't think his not getting drafted was due to racism.
FirstTimer said:
This runs completely counter to the environment Moon was drafted into. It runs counter to reality. You've heard Moon talk about his career right? How many times he was told he wasn't smart enough to play QB? He ended up at Washington because people figured a black QB could handle the "simple offense". Moon was 6'3 215lbs and was told he was "too small" to play QB in the NFL(he jokes they left out the "brained" after the "too small" part) and suggested he move to WR, when he wasn't that athletic. Moon's situation was complete racism. This is beyond discussion/debate at this point. He was the conference player of the year in 1977 and Rose Bowl MVP. He was a hell of player with a great arm in college.

I didn't want this to go UN-noticed.
Thanks for not being afraid to have a tough discussion on this situation. You've brought up some very valid points.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
#1, this is off-topic and has nothing to do with the Bears.
#2, It's a call out thread.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Remember when you made that callout thread where u claimed u had doxxed a bunch of members here and had a bunch of people's pictures?
I hope my pics aren't on file! ???

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
why the fuck did this need a new thread?

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I am in awe of this thread.

The natural reaction should have been to click on the "Like" icon to FT's post in the thread. Going the extra mile would have been quoting FT's post in the thread while adding a little comment like "Great post." Instead of doing either of these very common responses...the OP frames the post in quote tags rather than just use the quote icon the site provides...even using another quote box to include "First Timer Said" and inventing an whole new function we will call "paraphrase post" with the remy post at the same time. All this would be forgivable if it was done in the thread these posts appear in, but for no discernible reason at all...got made into it's own thread with a thread title that somehow, someway made this entire thing even more vague and confusing than it was from the beginning.

I honestly do not know whether to lock this thread or frame it on the wall so generations of message board posters can stare at it's perplexity like it is a ****ing Picasso.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
FGt3I9t.jpg

Last edited:

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
History of the modern trains spans the range of last two hundred years of modern human civilization, who in that time used this incredible discovery to drastically change industry, human expansion, and the way we travel on daily basis.

From the first time steam train rolled over the railways of industrial England in early 1800s to the modern times when bullet trains carry thousands of passengers with incredible speeds and freight train carry substantial amount of worlds goods, trains enabled us to develop our civilization with unexpected consequences that nobody expected. Distant lands become almost instantly reachable (3000 miles journey from New York to California was cut down from one or two months to few days!), industrial manufacture could be powered with infinite amount of raw materials and outgoing transport of finished goods, and sudden fast travel (far before first airplanes were discovered) caused the need of implementing standardized time zones across entire world.

Today, trains are used in variety of ways – from small city trams, subway electric trains, distance trains (equipped with dining cars and sleeping quarters for longer journeys), freight trains, to high-speed bullet trains that can reach speeds of 300-500 kilometers per hour. However, their history started with much simpler and slower designs. Even before steam engines arrived, ancient civilizations of Greece and Egypt and industrial Europe (1600s -1800s) used horses as primary sources of driving simple train cars. With purposefully built train tracks that enabled journey in only two directions, horses or bulls needed to waste minimal amount of force while pulling coal, iron and other goods.

Arrival of first non-condensing pressurized steam engines in first few years of 19th century enabled engineers to build new kind of railway system and train cars – trains that were built to carry much more materials than ever before.

History of Railways
If you ever wanted to find out more about long and eventful history of trains, steam engines, development of first metro system and worldwide railway systems, here is the best place to do so.
Invention of Trains
Train invention represent one of the most important times in the history of human expansion and development. Here you can find out all about that period of history, inventors that created them and the impact first trains had on us.
History of Subway
Here you can find out more about subway transport systems which appeared during age when steam engines ruled railways, and inevitable electrical revolution enabled them to spread across many major cities of the world.
Facts about Trains
Facts and events that trains collected over last 200 years are numerous and extensive. If you wanted to see how this once small industry managed to grow into juggernaut that feeds modern manufacturing industry and enables reliable and safe travel to billions of people all across the world, this is the perfect place to do so.

Steam Locomotive 3
Train History Facts
  • First train appeared in the year 1804. It managed to pull 25 tonnes of iron material and 70 people over the distance of 10 miles.
  • Over the course of history trains were powered by steam, electricity and diesel fuel (although one of the earliest trains in USA was powered by horses that walked on treadmills).
  • Currently trains transport around 40% of world’s cargo.
  • Trains are very eco-friendly, but are expensive to produce and maintain.
  • First commercial steam train (Stephenson’s “The Rocket”) managed to reach speed of 96 km/h. Today’s trains can go above 200 km/h, and specialized bullet trains to over 500.
  • Two most famous railway lines are 9,297 kilometers long Trans-Siberian Express which connects Moscow and Vladivostok, and off course first American railway line which connected their East and West Coast in 1866 (Union Pacific and Central Pacific

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
I am in awe of this thread.

The natural reaction should have been to click on the "Like" icon to FT's post in the thread. Going the extra mile would have been quoting FT's post in the thread while adding a little comment like "Great post." Instead of doing either of these very common responses...the OP frames the post in quote tags rather than just use the quote icon the site provides...even using another quote box to include "First Timer Said" and inventing an whole new function we will call "paraphrase post" with the remy post at the same time. All this would be forgivable if it was done in the thread these posts appear in, but for no discernible reason at all...got made into it's own thread with a thread title that somehow, someway made this entire thing even more vague and confusing than it was from the beginning.

I honestly do not know whether to lock this thread or frame it on the wall so generations of message board posters can stare at it's perplexity like it is a ****ing Picasso.

Can you translate that for the over 50 crowd. Asking for a friend.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
History of the modern trains spans the range of last two hundred years of modern human civilization, who in that time used this incredible discovery to drastically change industry, human expansion, and the way we travel on daily basis.

From the first time steam train rolled over the railways of industrial England in early 1800s to the modern times when bullet trains carry thousands of passengers with incredible speeds and freight train carry substantial amount of worlds goods, trains enabled us to develop our civilization with unexpected consequences that nobody expected. Distant lands become almost instantly reachable (3000 miles journey from New York to California was cut down from one or two months to few days!), industrial manufacture could be powered with infinite amount of raw materials and outgoing transport of finished goods, and sudden fast travel (far before first airplanes were discovered) caused the need of implementing standardized time zones across entire world.

Today, trains are used in variety of ways – from small city trams, subway electric trains, distance trains (equipped with dining cars and sleeping quarters for longer journeys), freight trains, to high-speed bullet trains that can reach speeds of 300-500 kilometers per hour. However, their history started with much simpler and slower designs. Even before steam engines arrived, ancient civilizations of Greece and Egypt and industrial Europe (1600s -1800s) used horses as primary sources of driving simple train cars. With purposefully built train tracks that enabled journey in only two directions, horses or bulls needed to waste minimal amount of force while pulling coal, iron and other goods.

Arrival of first non-condensing pressurized steam engines in first few years of 19th century enabled engineers to build new kind of railway system and train cars – trains that were built to carry much more materials than ever before.

History of Railways
If you ever wanted to find out more about long and eventful history of trains, steam engines, development of first metro system and worldwide railway systems, here is the best place to do so.
Invention of Trains
Train invention represent one of the most important times in the history of human expansion and development. Here you can find out all about that period of history, inventors that created them and the impact first trains had on us.
History of Subway
Here you can find out more about subway transport systems which appeared during age when steam engines ruled railways, and inevitable electrical revolution enabled them to spread across many major cities of the world.
Facts about Trains
Facts and events that trains collected over last 200 years are numerous and extensive. If you wanted to see how this once small industry managed to grow into juggernaut that feeds modern manufacturing industry and enables reliable and safe travel to billions of people all across the world, this is the perfect place to do so.

Steam Locomotive 3
Train History Facts
  • First train appeared in the year 1804. It managed to pull 25 tonnes of iron material and 70 people over the distance of 10 miles.
  • Over the course of history trains were powered by steam, electricity and diesel fuel (although one of the earliest trains in USA was powered by horses that walked on treadmills).
  • Currently trains transport around 40% of world’s cargo.
  • Trains are very eco-friendly, but are expensive to produce and maintain.
  • First commercial steam train (Stephenson’s “The Rocket”) managed to reach speed of 96 km/h. Today’s trains can go above 200 km/h, and specialized bullet trains to over 500.
  • Two most famous railway lines are 9,297 kilometers long Trans-Siberian Express which connects Moscow and Vladivostok, and off course first American railway line which connected their East and West Coast in 1866 (Union Pacific and Central Pacific

Fun fact: I have been to the homes of both of the two largest collectors of train-shit in the country (Neil Young was one of them - charity thing, not very impressive). And I don't know or care any fucks about trains of any sort.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Remember when you made that callout thread where u claimed u had doxxed a bunch of members here and had a bunch of people's pictures?

Wardrobe is a pathological liar, his pretend persecution in PM's, his contacting site sponsors and FEMA, pretending to be a gay rights crusader while his BFF is the sites biggest homophobe. The list goes on, he never had pictures of anyone, he didn't have to post them to prove he had them, he could have just described his doxing victims.

At this point I assume everything he posts is total BS.

And yes, the OP is a shinning example of how not to post.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wardrobe is a pathological liar, his pretend persecution in PM's, his contacting site sponsors and FEMA, pretending to be a gay rights crusader while his BFF is the sites biggest homophobe. The list goes on, he never had pictures of anyone, he didn't have to post them to prove he had them, he could have just described his doxing victims.

At this point I assume everything he posts is total BS.

And yes, the OP is a shinning example of how not to post.

I think he also enjoys tight buttholes.

Status
Not open for further replies.