Kyle Long Watch Thread (predict the week he's benched/injured)

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I realize i'm a bit late on this one considering week one is in the books, but better late than never i suppose.

BARRING INJURY TO OTHER LINEMEN, i'm predicting week 8 to be the last week we see Long in a Bears uniform, or at least starting in a bears uniform. Though i doubt his conditioning and current physique will allow him to stay healthy past week 8.

After reviewing film of last weeks debilitating loss to the packers, i counted 8 plays where he appeared to "take off" because he was completely gassed. 3 of these plays were before halftime.

Truth of the matter is - even with the Bears attempts to hide Long on the interior right side, he still sticks out like a sore thumb. There's no way the Bears dont cut ties after this season. Essentially a 99% chance he's with another team next season (if he doesnt retire)

Where you all standing on this matter? Any predictions?

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I realize i'm a bit late on this one considering week one is in the books, but better late than never i suppose.

BARRING INJURY TO OTHER LINEMEN, i'm predicting week 8 to be the last week we see Long in a Bears uniform, or at least starting in a bears uniform. Though i doubt his conditioning and current physique will allow him to stay healthy past week 8.

After reviewing film of last weeks debilitating loss to the packers, i counted 8 plays where he appeared to "take off" because he was completely gassed. 3 of these plays were before halftime.

Truth of the matter is - even with the Bears attempts to hide Long on the interior right side, he still sticks out like a sore thumb. There's no way the Bears dont cut ties after this season. Essentially a 99% chance he's with another team next season (if he doesnt retire)

Where you all standing on this matter? Any predictions?

He did roll his ankle according to some Twitter people so you might want to move that up a couple of games but I think that 8 is probably a good safe bet for someone that isn't a gambling man. He had so many surgeries he even had to quit most social media, I really hope he doesn't hurt himself for life out there just for a few wins this season, it's literally just a game and I'm sure he's invested his money very well - it would be a shame if he can't even walk in his 40s just to get a couple more wins for the Bears.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
My over under was four weeks if I remember correctly

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
We could see two new starters on our offensive line next year RT and RG. Best case scenario is James Daniels and Coward take over those spots and Eric Kush continues to be decent.

Mr. Kyng

Liked Posts:
Idk wtf all this Kyle Long hate is about can y'all explain it to me?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
We could see two new starters on our offensive line next year RT and RG. Best case scenario is James Daniels and Coward take over those spots and Eric Kush continues to be decent.

Eric Kush has been the best development we've seen on the line in the last couple years. Sad but true.

Hopefully Daniels can change this.

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

He got overpaid and has underperformed... when he's healthy, which is almost never...

I've always wondered why he hasnt gotten MORE hate from this fanbase.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

I don't hate him, I hope he a has a long, happy and uncrippled life!

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Kyle Long is a loser that would rather be "pwning dweeby gamers"on Twitch and Twitter than staying in shape and being a professional football player.

He's a pathetic waste of money.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Kyle Long is a loser that would rather be "pwning dweeby gamers"on Twitch and Twitter than staying in shape and being a professional football player.

He's a pathetic waste of money.

Hey, let's not get all emo, he's actually very good at fortnite and decent at football when he's not injured.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
It's time to cut ties with Long if he doesn't improve. He got blown up on a couple of short yardage plays Sunday night and I'm not sure how he's supposed to get better if he's not practicing.

Mr. Kyng

Liked Posts:
Name 10 better guards in the NFL

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Name 10 better guards in the NFL

Zack Martin
David DeCastro
Andrew Norwell
Marshal Yanda
Brandon Brooks
Brandon Scherff
Kelechi Osemele
Ron Leary
Joel Bitonio
Justin Pugh
Eric Kush
Kevin Zeitler
Shaq Mason
Laurent Duvernay-Tardif

Shall i continue?

Mr. Kyng

Liked Posts:
Zack Martin
David DeCastro
Andrew Norwell
Marshal Yanda
Brandon Brooks
Brandon Scherff
Kelechi Osemele
Ron Leary
Joel Bitonio
Justin Pugh
Eric Kush
Kevin Zeitler
Shaq Mason
Laurent Duvernay-Tardif

Shall i continue?
After Brooks I'd say your reaching
But nice try

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
After Brooks I'd say your reaching
But nice try

You're entitled to your opinion.

But the most important factor to being a good player in the NFL is being available to play.

So, you're wrong.