Kyle Long Watch Thread (predict the week he's benched/injured)

Mr. Kyng

Liked Posts:
It was (sorta) a joke :assman:

Why do you suppose Long is on the right side and Kush is on the left? It's common place to put the superior talent on the QB's blindside.

We dont have the bum shoulder to blame like we did last year... I think...

I also think you'll be happy we do have Kush, as well as drafted Daniels, come mid season.. Just my prediction.

Oh I get it now you think that by default its run blockers on the right and pass blockers on the left. That's good in all but all of the top pass rushers line up over the right tackle or have the freedom to do so. Your right side must be strong as evidenced by the fact that 8 of the 10 guys you listed as better that Kyle Long are right guards.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Oh I get it now you think that by default its run blockers on the right and pass blockers on the left. That's good in all but all of the top pass rushers line up over the right tackle or have the freedom to do so. Your right side must be strong as evidenced by the fact that 8 of the 10 guys you listed as better that Kyle Long are right guards.

Incorrect, on multiple accounts.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The only way Long is a Bear next season is if he takes a pay cut during a restructuring of his deal. The Bears are gonna need cap room in the offseason to fill out the roster and Long is one of the few big contracts that can be jettisoned with little dead money associated with it.

So you're saying he's not worth his salary.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Injury report has Long listed as probable vs da Seahawks. He's been pretty limited in full practices, trying not to put too much strain on his reked ankle. Before all of his injuries he was dominating, but now...will he make it to game #8, or as Lovie liked to say the 2nd quarter of the season.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
giphy.gif

videoblocks-dead-body-or-corpse-in-basement-chained-up_bnhisligz_thumbnail-small04.jpg

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
I realize i'm a bit late on this one considering week one is in the books, but better late than never i suppose.

BARRING INJURY TO OTHER LINEMEN, i'm predicting week 8 to be the last week we see Long in a Bears uniform, or at least starting in a bears uniform. Though i doubt his conditioning and current physique will allow him to stay healthy past week 8.

After reviewing film of last weeks debilitating loss to the packers, i counted 8 plays where he appeared to "take off" because he was completely gassed. 3 of these plays were before halftime.

Truth of the matter is - even with the Bears attempts to hide Long on the interior right side, he still sticks out like a sore thumb. There's no way the Bears dont cut ties after this season. Essentially a 99% chance he's with another team next season (if he doesnt retire)

Where you all standing on this matter? Any predictions?

Bump.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I realize i'm a bit late on this one considering week one is in the books, but better late than never i suppose.

BARRING INJURY TO OTHER LINEMEN, i'm predicting week 8 to be the last week we see Long in a Bears uniform, or at least starting in a bears uniform. Though i doubt his conditioning and current physique will allow him to stay healthy past week 8.

After reviewing film of last weeks debilitating loss to the packers, i counted 8 plays where he appeared to "take off" because he was completely gassed. 3 of these plays were before halftime.

Truth of the matter is - even with the Bears attempts to hide Long on the interior right side, he still sticks out like a sore thumb. There's no way the Bears dont cut ties after this season. Essentially a 99% chance he's with another team next season (if he doesnt retire)

Directly on the money, per usual.

Let's bury this tho, I'm not one to toot my own horn or even humblebrag. Thank you so much.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
In some ways does it suck for you #calledit kings to know what is going to happen before it happens? No surprises in life sounds kind of dull.

mecha

Liked Posts:
Douche is the Nostradamus of Bears fandom.

and Grimson.

and only negative things happen from their #calledit's. assholes. <3

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:

giphy.gif