My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Congrats on being the #1 pick of the NFL Draft Kyler Murray

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Could have made more money for longer, and kept his health for later in life if he chose baseball.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Could have made more money for longer, and kept his health for later in life if he chose baseball.

Ehhh, I'm not sure about that first part. Kirk Cousins made his money very quickly once free agency opened up. Bryce Harper and Manny Machado still haven't been signed yet.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
You really think AZ takes him?

My guess is #4 to Oakland.

Yes - I just think Kingsbury is going to pull the trigger and draft him and trade away Rosen. I wouldn't doubt if this is the reason Kingsbury jumped to the NFL because he knew if would have a chance to draft the perfect fit for his offfense -> Kyler Murray.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:

It can be true. However; teams will find out if he is a bust much quicker in the NFL than they would in MLB. It usually takes longer for a MLB player to even make it to the major league than an NFL rookie contract.

The bust rate in the major leagues is much higher than that in the NFL, which is poor to begin.

If he busts in the NFL, he can always go back to baseball.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Nope - he will go early.

Yup. He's more than likely going to be the first QB off the board. Him or Haskins are the only ones really. He's going top 10.

Raiders, Giants, Jags, and Broncos could all realistically draft him in the top 10. That doesn't even include trade up partners like the dolphins or redskins.

msadows

Liked Posts:
It can be true. However; teams will find out if he is a bust much quicker in the NFL than they would in MLB. It usually takes longer for a MLB player to even make it to the major league than an NFL rookie contract.

The bust rate in the major leagues is much higher than that in the NFL, which is poor to begin.

If he busts in the NFL, he can always go back to baseball.

Yup, if he busts in baseball, it will be a few years down the road and he won't ever play pro football.

If dude has no future as a NFL QB he will know by the time he's 24. Plenty of time to still pursue an elite baseball career.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

If he is a first round pick, the guaranteed money in the NFL is much higher than the 4.66 million the A's gave him.

Furthermore, after his first NFL contract if he is good, he can immediately be paid fair value in FA or get franchise tagged. MLB players generally take years to reach the majors and make minimum wage for the first 3 years after which they have 3 more years of arbitration which is generally not at fair value. So if he was in the minors for 2 years then that would be 8 years before he became a FA.

So no as an NFL QB, he stands to make far more money much quicker and for less production. A middling QB can still pull down 20 million a year whereas you have to be an All Star player to get that much in MLB.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini

TRUE....if he were playing any position other than Qb. Heck, who knows, may play into his 40's like Brady.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Yup, if he busts in baseball, it will be a few years down the road and he won't ever play pro football.

If dude has no future as a NFL QB he will know by the time he's 24. Plenty of time to still pursue an elite baseball career.

LOL......tell that to vinny testeverde.

There are many Qb's who bounced around the NFL well past 24yrs old, b4 they hit stride

RubberBanMan

I’m just a fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ya, there was an article i saw today saying pats could trade for Rosen.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Yes - I just think Kingsbury is going to pull the trigger and draft him and trade away Rosen. I wouldn't doubt if this is the reason Kingsbury jumped to the NFL because he knew if would have a chance to draft the perfect fit for his offfense -> Kyler Murray.

lol.....well if everything u say pans out, then Kingsbury will be one of the greatest career planners ever.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Kyler Murray will make a Mahomes type impact in the NFL. He is the perfect QB to run today's NFL offenses.