Lauri shut down due to extreme fatigue/irregular heartbeat

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
Lauri Markkanen’s season ended Wednesday when the Bulls announced after their 118-98 loss to the Trail Blazers that the second-year forward experienced a rapid heart rate and fatigue on Tuesday.
Markkanen spent Tuesday night in Toronto after undergoing medical tests for the episode that sidelined him for the second half of the loss to the Raptors. He returned to Chicago on Wednesday for further testing that also checked out normal.

But given that the episode involved Markkanen’s heart, the team plans additional testing over the next 10-14 days. One likely scenario would be Markkanen wearing a heart monitor during supervised workouts over the coming days.
“The long-term health of our players is always our organization’s top priority,” executive vice president John Paxson said in a statement. “We will continue to monitor Lauri’s condition and work with our medical staff and doctors to provide him with everything he may need.”

As of Wednesday afternoon, Markkanen told people he planned to work out individually on Thursday. Whether the Bulls, who have an off day scheduled, will allow that is unknown. Either way, Markkanen will almost certainly wear a heart monitor whenever his next workout occurs.
There’s considerable optimism that Markkanen’s incident was an isolated episode.
“Everything that he has had done to him in the last 24 hours has come back positive. I think the word is ‘unremarkable,’” coach Jim Boylen said. “But speaking with John and Jerry and Michael (Reinsdorf), we just want to do what’s best for him. We’re going to be as cautious as we can. And we’re not going to rush him back.
“Obviously, we’re disappointed for him and for us. But we’re hopeful he’ll be just fine.”
Markkanen played 54 minutes during the epic, four-overtime victory over the Hawks in Atlanta on March 1. He had to come out for a brief rest during one of the overtimes and afterward revealed he didn’t feel well.
“I felt a little weird. I don’t know what it was,” Markkanen said that night. “I wouldn’t say I had the flu, but something was bothering me in the first half. I kind of felt my heart rate getting up real quick, so I’m glad he took me out and got me back in a little later.
“I’m exhausted. You gotta fight through it. I know that first half I definitely didn’t feel my best, but I knew I had to pick it up. We were joking that NBA stands for ‘No Boys Allowed’, so you got to man up and play the game. When I put my jersey on, it doesn’t matter how you feel. You’ve got to perform. And that’s what I did.”

Hopefully he'll be alright. That would suck if this ends up effecting him long term. I remember watching that 4OT game against the Hawks and he really slowed down once they got in OT. He kind of just stood on the 3 point line. That kind of explains it. Wish him the best.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Irregular heartback? Eddy Curry 2.0

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
This franchise needs thoughts and prayers nothing fucking goes right

At least bulls medical staff is doing the right thing here. They almost killed deng. Hope this is just precautions and not a long term health risk

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Damn...

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
he is a big skinny young man with still growing and shit. probably supplemants or crazy american food/caffiene levels, etc...

get more sleep...watch his diet, re-build his fitness habits.