Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Maybe if it was questionable they could look at replay to determine whether or or not it was a flop :shrug:
That would just ruin the game. They'd be stopping play every other possession.

scottiepippen1994

Liked Posts:

scottiepippen1994

Liked Posts:
fish_flop_hg_wht.gif

NWFisch. :smug:

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I didn't want to start a new thread, so I'll just post this here.

LeBron is so full of shit it's not even funny.

Any player that says there's nothing wrong with flopping and that it's a useful "tactic" is probably a flopper.

So it's kinda funny when LeBron came out with this gem:

"It's kind of the same as when people said I was overrated, I have the same response," James said. "I don't need to flop. I play an aggressive game but I don't flop. I've never been one of those guys. I don't need to flop. I don't even know how to do it. So it doesn't mean much to me."

You don't flop? You don't know how to do it? HAHA!

If there's one thing LBJ is a king of, it's flopping. Take a look at the video below. Those aren't even all of the flops he's ever had

[video=youtube;L8rGCH_HRdQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8rGCH_HRdQ[/video]

Look at the flop with Fisher near the end. It's impossible to fight through a screen that LBJ is setting because he falls the second there is contact made. Sometimes it legit looks like the player knocks him down... but that's because LBJ is an amazing flopper. And if a flopper is a good flopper, that means they have experience doing it or maybe even practice it.... which is pretty pathetic.

Flopping ruins the game. Who the hell likes watching guys fall when they don't even gets touched? Then they proceed to act like they're going to be out for the rest of the season before they stand up a minute later and continue playing the game with no issues.

I swear, my skim crawls when I see so much flopping the NBA. It's the worst when I watch Miami play. It's like they take an hour out each day to practice flopping. They all fuckin do it. LBJ, Wade, Bosh, Chalmers, Battier, etc.

It's mind boggling to me that Miami flops so much. They're a very talented team and they probably don't even need to flop to win.. yet they continue to do it anyway.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
I hope he was being sarcastic when he said that.

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
and this is my biggest gripe about Lebroad and the Miami floppers! LJ's character just sucks for a so called superstar! He's a liar, a cheater, and is a poor role model for kids, imo. I'd take a Durant over a LJ anyday in terms of character!

czman

Liked Posts:
Your argument that they can't do in game punishment is just as true for not calling it. Either way they are fooled. I think a technical each time would cut it down, esp. if they are ejected for the second. Fines afterward for called and missed flops, rising with repeat offenses.

All they have to do is stop calling fouls just because someone falls on the floor. Look at the impact not the result. That is the only realistic way to fix flopping. There are times where there is no possible way that a player should have fallen down and they still call it.

Players getting backed down in the post.
Little guards knocking over Forwards and centers on screens.
Establishing post position.

Refs just have to relearn not to look at the result and look at the impact and then ask "does that make sense?". They will cure most of the flopping. There is no need to do in game punishment. Just expect players to play stronger. If they don't play strong they hurt their team because they are on the ground and the play did not stop.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
and this is my biggest gripe about Lebroad and the Miami floppers! LJ's character just sucks for a so called superstar! He's a liar, a cheater, and is a poor role model for kids, imo. I'd take a Durant over a LJ anyday in terms of character!

Lol...I would take Durant over anybody in professional sports when it comes to character.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yet, they just got fined for ONE!!! flop during the entire year. :obama:

Yeah, I honestly don't know how the NBA does this whole fining players for flopping thing. There have been so many blatant flops this season that went unpunished. Even some Bulls players haven't been fined for flopping. I don't really get it.

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:
Lol...I would take Durant over anybody in professional sports when it comes to character.
... and I'd take MJ, Bird, or Magic over Lebroad when it comes to character. :troll:

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:
....and you would take Hitler and Tojo over Lebroad when it comes to character...great...
I don't know about your Hitler and Tojo thing, but you can save that for your other MB. :bizarro:
But, I would take Rodman over Lebroad when it comes to basketball character.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
I don't know about your Hitler and Tojo thing, but you can save that for your other MB. :bizarro:
But, I would take Rodman over Lebroad when it comes to basketball character.

Pretty much proved my point...

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:
Pretty much proved MY point...
Figures you'd see it like that. Proves my point. I pretty much just went with your flow, but with just a little more class. Pretty much like MJ having more class then Lebroad. And on that note, I'm outa here. Better luck next time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lolcaption-funny-demotivational-posters-so-many-bitches-so-little-time.jpg

Liked Posts:
It's so funny to think when the season started that the whole "flopping" fiasco was such a hot-button topic, then as the season progressed there were only a handful of players who ended up getting fined. Oh well, maybe now they'll start approaching it with a little more balance. Don't enact the rule if you don't want to reinforce it.

They reallly never wanted to do anything about it. They just wanted it to look like they were doing something about it.