Long but entertaining Montgomery breakdown

Visionman

Liked Posts:
I could of sworn i saw a story about D.Montgomery and how he would drive 2 hours a day to go see a kid for some reason. I might be mistaken but sure do think it was him and something about driving 2 hours a day for a kid but can't find anything. Have you heard of this story?
They were talking about it on the tv coverage right after we drafted him...

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Also, in one of the videos, if you look at his leg : torso ratio, His Upper Body is way longer than his lower body. Consequently the guy, having disproportionately shorter legs for his overall height IS GIFTED with quicker feet, lower center of gravity, and the overall pinball quickness of someone much shorter in stature with the Power of a 222 lb'er. This guy is gonna be PERFECT with Cohen

marothisu

Liked Posts:

Mjiton

Liked Posts:
But can he slap a bitch

Thedude

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Good breakdown. Never seen this particular breakdown, but seen all of these games. Montgomery was one of my top 5 players to watch in this draft. And that Iowa 2017 tape was phenomenal. Became a fan then last year. I always figured he'd be a Bears target, but wasn't sure how they'd get him. I was actually rooting for him to run in the 4.6s at the combine, because if he ran a 4.55 or lower, he'd been long gone. Montgomery does everything well, nothing stands out other than his contact balance (ability to stay on his feet when getting hit), but some say that's the most important thing for a RB.

A lot of people were obsessed with the speed of Henderson and Sanders in this draft (NFL teams were too, as they went higher) thinking that Howard's major deficiency was speed, but Montgomery is what Nagy looked for in a back. He has similar traits to Mike Davis who Nagy's team signed, he has similar traits to Hunt, who Nagy's former team drafted when he was there. I'm sure the Bears would have gladly taken Henderson, Sanders, or Jacobs, but Montgomery is as perfect a fit at any position as there was for any team in this draft. Match made in heaven. Not saying it's going to work perfectly and he'll be Walter Payton 2.0, but he's exactly what this team wanted and needed at the RB position.

Leading up to the draft I was hoping they would take a rb in the later rounds because it seemed like there were a lot of solid prospects that were almost interchangeable. After watching the video I think it’s another mid round find for pace. Montgomery definitely is elusiveness and has some wiggle.

We will never know but I belive the bears had Montgomery ranked higher on their board than Henderson. Henderson went a couple of spots before the bears traded up to get Montgomery. at that point in the draft It certainly seemed that rb’s were due to start coming off the board. I think if they valued Henderson they would have moved further up in the round to ensure they would get him. Instead of being reactionary when the rams selected him.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Leading up to the draft I was hoping they would take a rb in the later rounds because it seemed like there were a lot of solid prospects that were almost interchangeable. After watching the video I think it’s another mid round find for pace. Montgomery definitely is elusiveness and has some wiggle.

We will never know but I belive the bears had Montgomery ranked higher on their board than Henderson. Henderson went a couple of spots before the bears traded up to get Montgomery. at that point in the draft It certainly seemed that rb’s were due to start coming off the board. I think if they valued Henderson they would have moved further up in the round to ensure they would get him. Instead of being reactionary when the rams selected him.
The vid going around has Nagy on the phone with Montgomery right after drafting him saying, "Told you this was going to happen."

From that, it seems Monty might have been THE RB they wanted to draft from this class...