Lonzo Ball-Chicago Bulls

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Although his 36% FG shooting reminds me of Glen Rice in college, I'm not sold on Reddish.
Unsurprisingly I feel like Coach K did a terrible job in using him. He tried to turn him into a spot up chucker and that's not Reddish's game. He was basically the guy that had to come in and sacrifice not having the ball in his hands with RJ and Zion on the team. Reddish game is much better suited when he's allowed to create and handle the ball. I just don't think he was ever comfortable at Duke.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Although his 36% FG shooting reminds me of Glen Rice in college, I'm not sold on Reddish.

We have seen all-stars attempt to slip into a third gun role and struggle as well, imagine being a freshman in college!
But to the argument...Reddish reminds too much of J.R. Smith in the compete level department. You can't have 3 top 5 picks in the NBA and not win the championship! Somebody ain't what they seem and it weren't Zion.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
We have seen all-stars attempt to slip into a third gun role and struggle as well, imagine being a freshman in college!
But to the argument...Reddish reminds too much of J.R. Smith in the compete level department. You can't have 3 top 5 picks in the NBA and not win the championship! Somebody ain't what they seem and it weren't Zion.
In a one and done format, absolutely. In a series, sure.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm hoping Garland falls.
This is absolutely our best case scenario, imo.

If that doesn't happen I am all for trading #7 for Ball, or taking the 6'10" talent from France, or the 6'10" talent from Missou, or trading back to the next tier of PG's (White, Alexander and there are others) but the right price is 12-20 for them.

Stay for Garland...take a wingspan project...or trade back. All wins to me in this situation.

We'll see.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
I’m all for this now. Ball can distribute the ball and play defense. The team needs a distributor and he’s still got some upside.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
This is absolutely our best case scenario, imo.

If that doesn't happen I am all for trading #7 for Ball, or taking the 6'10" talent from France, or the 6'10" talent from Missou, or trading back to the next tier of PG's (White, Alexander and there are others) but the right price is 12-20 for them.

Stay for Garland...take a wingspan project...or trade back. All wins to me in this situation.

We'll see.
Not sure what adding the dude from Mizzou does for you, nor the kid from France. The team needs a PG desperately. Garland (who isn't participating in combine scrimmages or drills) or White at #7. I'm sure most White is probably a reach at #7, but you need someone who gives an immediate impact.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
I’d laugh if the Bulls took Jontay at 7. A forward who’s torn his ACL twice in a year...no thanks. Wouldn’t surprise me if they did it though. Paxson was just trying to hype the fan base because falling in the draft gives the Bulls an extra 400k in cap or whatever it is. He knows how to reach.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not sure what adding the dude from Mizzou does for you, nor the kid from France. The team needs a PG desperately. Garland (who isn't participating in combine scrimmages or drills) or White at #7. I'm sure most White is probably a reach at #7, but you need someone who gives an immediate impact.
Well the draft isn't the only place to fix your problems and its usually bad to be locked into one position at the top of a draft.

What free agents could plug the PG spot? I think we should keep Dunn, and go hard after Rozier. Then you draft BPA at 7.
That gives you a defensive PG option behind the starter Rozier who is expected to score up to his check. As he settles in the split with Dunn is probably closer to 70-30 or 60-40 than a true starter situation, but together I do feel they could hold the position down in this league, which is not an easy feat. Neither are ever going to be all-stars, but Bulls have players at other positions.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
FFS, when will some people realize Dunn is not an NBA starter-level talent. Solid backup, period.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I’d laugh if the Bulls took Jontay at 7. A forward who’s torn his ACL twice in a year...no thanks. Wouldn’t surprise me if they did it though. Paxson was just trying to hype the fan base because falling in the draft gives the Bulls an extra 400k in cap or whatever it is. He knows how to reach.
He's not worth the #7 pick if he never had an injury.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
FFS, when will some people realize Dunn is not an NBA starter-level talent. Solid backup, period.
Solid backup. Dunn is a lot like Rudy Gay in that Gar desperately wanted him.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The part that doesn't add up is nobody else would pay that price for Ball.

If you truly want Ball to be your point guard just wait. Draft a freak like Bol Bol or Taco as front court depth that causes weird basketball problems, and wait.

Acquire Ball for next to nothing is the way to go. The Lakers have no recourse but to move the player with diminished value and I really hope the Bulls are not the one to bail them out.

Hope for Garland.
Draft BPA.
Trade Lopez, Dunn, and some save face protected trash pick for Ball.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
The part that doesn't add up is nobody else would pay that price for Ball.

If you truly want Ball to be your point guard just wait. Draft a freak like Bol Bol or Taco as front court depth that causes weird basketball problems, and wait.

Acquire Ball for next to nothing is the way to go. The Lakers have no recourse but to move the player with diminished value and I really hope the Bulls are not the one to bail them out.

Hope for Garland.
Draft BPA.
Trade Lopez, Dunn, and some save face protected trash pick for Ball.
That is an awful trade.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
That is an awful trade.

Depends on definition. I think we can can agree to this one: any trade that expedites the departure of GarPax is a good trade.

It has to get worse before it can get better with this FO.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
What do Lopez, Dunn, and a non-lottery pick like Hutchinson, Portis, or McDermott do for you?

I gave them a back-up point guard and some trash for a starting PG.

Ball is the perfect fit PG for the Bulls. A Jason Kidd type who does all the little things and doesn't need to score traditional ways. He is a better version of Valentine basically.

Do you think Dunn is better than Ball? You gotta try something...

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
What do Lopez, Dunn, and a non-lottery pick like Hutchinson, Portis, or McDermott do for you?

I gave them a back-up point guard and some trash for a starting PG.

Ball is the perfect fit PG for the Bulls. A Jason Kidd type who does all the little things and doesn't need to score traditional ways. He is a better version of Valentine basically.

Do you think Dunn is better than Ball? You gotta try something...
You need to try something, trading for Ball is something; therefore......

The trade is trash on a number of levels:
1. Lopez will be on the last year of his deal, which is gold in the current NBA climate.
2. The money does not match up.
3. Your comment about the Lakers is puzzling. Of course they have recourse with Ball. Do you think they are no longer in the Anthony Davis market?

McDermott was a lottery pick, btw.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Depends on definition. I think we can can agree to this one: any trade that expedites the departure of GarPax is a good trade.

It has to get worse before it can get better with this FO.
If GarPax haven't been fired already, trading for Lonzo Ball isn't going to be the straw that breaks the camel's back.