Lonzo Ball-Chicago Bulls

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
If we had this false dichotomy, I would rather grind it out with Dunn and hope he is a late bloomer than dump assets into a a solid player that will forever be burdened by family drama. Someone else can roll the dice on such a high risk-medium reward situation. Where Dunn is a low-risk, low-reward role player.

By saying no to Ball, you find someone else. Maybe I missed it, I don't think ANYONE here suggested than being against Lonzo means they are still hoping Dunn blossoms into an all-star of all things(unless you live in a world where everything is hyperbole and expect people to take you serious). But again, failed logic aside, if I were stuck within that false dichotomy of solutions, I'm sticking to Dunn and his team-punishing $5.4m contract for one season as a hold-me-over, than give up a lottery pick for a cancer and two seasons worth over $16m guaranteed.

In short, this trade makes total sense to GarPax, so arguments aside, if you're sucking on those Balls, then you may get your wish here.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I find fault in garpax's failures in the middle of round 1 when spurs and atlanta and celtics and raptors are striking gold at the end of the round.

I find fault in the Deng trade, and failure to trade Mirotic or Lopez or Noah a couple different times when peak value existed and contracts matched up.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If we had this false dichotomy, I would rather grind it out with Dunn and hope he is a late bloomer than dump assets into a a solid player that will forever be burdened by family drama. Someone else can roll the dice on such a high risk-medium reward situation. Where Dunn is a low-risk, low-reward role player.

By saying no to Ball, you find someone else. Maybe I missed it, I don't think ANYONE here suggested than being against Lonzo means they are still hoping Dunn blossoms into an all-star of all things(unless you live in a world where everything is hyperbole and expect people to take you serious). But again, failed logic aside, if I were stuck within that false dichotomy of solutions, I'm sticking to Dunn and his team-punishing $5.4m contract for one season as a hold-me-over, than give up a lottery pick for a cancer and two seasons worth over $16m guaranteed.

In short, this trade makes total sense to GarPax, so arguments aside, if you're sucking on those Balls, then you may get your wish here.
hahahaha

well...why not trade for Ball cheaply, and try to sign Rozier at market value too? AND draft Garland if possible.

I'm all for fixing the position by any means and trading extra assets later.

Maybe Celtics let Rozier walk after recent comments.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:

I think the Bulls have become irrelevant, and the organization knows this, so by not getting a top lottery pick the Bulls are in desperate need to be in the news. Lonzo Ball is a great fit because GarPax can make it seem like they are doing something when they aren't really doing anything...acquiring Ball won't cost much, his contract isn't huge, the commitment isn't that much...but the circus that Ball brings would make it seem like a big move. JMO

d84f3aa4a9596075c2fc37f2b83abf13.jpg

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I've watched Ball enough to feel its too bad about his shot.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'd do it. I want Kuzma + Ball if we have to give up #7 and Dunn.

Kuzma would be the perfect addition to the front court as well. I think he would rotate nicely with WCJ and Lauri.

There isn't a point guard I am in love with, and I think when you get your hands on ball that you honestly change his shot. He has a long career in front of him, I didn't really learn to shoot until my 30's. I would report that my shot changed so much over the years...a little tweak here, there...it would have been better to reform it in an ideal way in my early 20's.

Just break his shot, start over, he does all the other things, and I think he has the aptitude just his form is dumb fuck stupid. His father is a basketball coach? Get the fuck out of here. Pay the ransom, break the shot, re-mold him and consider hiring Mark Jackson who I believe developed Curry/Green/Thompson heart. I don't think its coincidence that they fight at the same level as he did, even though they were all fighters in college. Mark Jackson gave them some things, taught them how to deal with life. I'm surprised nobody has tried to repeat the pattern.

Whatever they became now...it did start with Mark Jackson and I think it mattered that it did.

Put that heart on the bulls for a few years...then hire a technical coach like they did, or fuck..poach Steve Kerr.

Last edited:

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
I would definitely trade #7 for Lonzo.

I think his potential in the NBA is still higher than anybody else we can get at #7 in the draft

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I would definitely trade #7 for Lonzo.

I think his potential in the NBA is still higher than anybody else we can get at #7 in the draft
Yeah...unless Garland falls to 7, there isn't a PG I love, or anybody that stands out to me with high certainty. I guess the Lakers could use the #7 pick to dangle with the #4 pick for AD.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
Bulls get:
Lonzo Ball
Josh Hart

Lakers get:
#7 pick
Kris Dunn
Denzel Valentine

Thoughts?

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bulls get:
Lonzo Ball
Josh Hart

Lakers get:
#7 pick
Kris Dunn
Denzel Valentine

Thoughts?
that would be good, a scoring PG and a facilitating one.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Most Laker fans are freaking out about trading Ball. They want to keep him.

I just think he is kinda pointless and redundant on a Lebron James team without helping to stretch the court. Teams beg him to shoot. He can shoot open with a hack shot like that. It allows convergence on James and they have to break it up.

I think he fits here much better and would improve the defense.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Gets to the line one time a game, shoots 45% from the line.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I hoped this died when we did not get a top 6 pick.

My thought is the pelicans really want that #3 pick from the lakers and would not mind giving up Davis for it if they feel strongly enough about Barrett and Zion taking them to the finals and shitting down the brows throat.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Here we go again:

I know I'm late to the party here, but I fucking love that USAtoday has a branded "Lonzowire" page specifically for news about lonzo. It further illustrates my believe that he has no value, and the lakers are using media propaganda with false info to try to get people to believe he's wanted and increase his value so they can get something in return. A lottery pick for Lonzo is absolutely insane proposition unless it's to take him off their hands for the bulls to move up to 4 and they can have the 7.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
It depends on three factors -

1. What do you believe Lonzo's potential is?
2. Is there a player that could be available at #7 that has a higher potential than Lonzo?
3. Do you believe the Bulls have the capability to draft that player?

My breakdown -

1. Lonzo is never going to be a scorer. I think his ceiling is like 14 points per game. What he will do, is be a very good defender, distributor and floor general. Statistically, I see his ceiling as like a 14-5-8, 2 steals on 42% FG% and 32% 3PT% while playing solid defense and making those around him better.

2. Is there an actual player that could realistically be available at #7 better than Lonzo? I can almost guarantee that there will be somebody that comes out of this draft will be better than Lonzo - Colby White could be that guy and the first one that comes to mind but there is no guarantee he even makes it to #7.

3. Do I trust the Bulls to get it right? Hell no. Colby White will likely be sitting there and they will pick Nassir Little - you just watch.