Look at the bright side...

ZAN

Liked Posts:
We will have a top 5 prospect in the 2011 draft.

Kinda wish we woulda held onto Lilly and not resigned him. He was a Type A FA, and woulda gotten us a second AND third first round compensatory pick in 2011 draft.

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
LOL

Also, Castro and Colvin are getting some great experience

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
Castro, Colvin and Cashner are getting expierence. But...the Cubs need to keep getting players expierence.

Like, B Jackson, J Jackson, D Barney, D Cales, etc.

That means, JH needs to work his ass off to trade Jeff Baker, Mike Fontenot, Xavier Nady, Carlos Silva, Soriano, Lee Ramirez and etc. Just pay 75% of Soriano contract and get a good player in return, trade Lee with pitcking up 3M or so, trade Ramirez with picking ip half his option next year. Trade Silva and pick of half his contract. The the other players pick up nothing as they have a low contract. Also, try and pick up 1.5M of Grabow's contract and trade his ass. Trade Kosuke and pick up half his contract.

I know...the Cubs will be pickong up a lot of money on the contrats, but the Cubs still save money and they will be going in the right direction. The younger way and I would like that.

Captain Obvious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Castro, Colvin and Cashner are getting expierence. But...the Cubs need to keep getting players expierence.

Like, B Jackson, J Jackson, D Barney, D Cales, etc.

That means, JH needs to work his ass off to trade Jeff Baker, Mike Fontenot, Xavier Nady, Carlos Silva, Soriano, Lee Ramirez and etc. Just pay 75% of Soriano contract and get a good player in return, trade Lee with pitcking up 3M or so, trade Ramirez with picking ip half his option next year. Trade Silva and pick of half his contract. The the other players pick up nothing as they have a low contract. Also, try and pick up 1.5M of Grabow's contract and trade his ass. Trade Kosuke and pick up half his contract.

I know...the Cubs will be pickong up a lot of money on the contrats, but the Cubs still save money and they will be going in the right direction. The younger way and I would like that.

Why would you trade Ramirez? That's stupid, considering we have no one else to back him up at 3rd. Plus, the team revolves around him. It's his team. You do not trade Ramirez.

Honestly, I'm fine with keeping Soriano. As much as everyone hates him, I love the guy. Not to mention, he has actually lived up to his contract.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
soriano has been decent this year

he isnt the base stealer he used to be but he puts up a respectable BA and HR and RBI total

Captain Obvious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
soriano has been decent this year

he isnt the base stealer he used to be but he puts up a respectable BA and HR and RBI total

This is stupid. You are using, literally, the 4 worst offensive metrics you can possibly use. I don't give a flying fuck about SBs. They mean absolutely nothing to me. BA tells us how much a guy can hit, not how much he can get on base, which is much more important. Just because a guy hits HR, doesn't mean a whole lot. Power isn't just in the HR, it's also in 2Bs and I suppose you can include 3Bs. As far as RBIs go, they are dependent on the guys in front of him and where he hits in the line up.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
This is stupid. You are using, literally, the 4 worst offensive metrics you can possibly use. I don't give a flying fuck about SBs. They mean absolutely nothing to me. BA tells us how much a guy can hit, not how much he can get on base, which is much more important. Just because a guy hits HR, doesn't mean a whole lot. Power isn't just in the HR, it's also in 2Bs and I suppose you can include 3Bs. As far as RBIs go, they are dependent on the guys in front of him and where he hits in the line up.

thanks for being a douche

and yes i know that but HR RBI and BA must be taken into consideration

because if you get on base alot but your BA and HR and RBI totals are mediocre then it doesnt matter.....because it means that player has piled up alot of BBs which does show plate discipline but something i dont like factoring into when judging a player

and a good BA in a good sample size(say 327 ABs which Soriano has currently) says that the said player with the BA has proven to be a good hitter and somewhat Although HRs and RBIs arent necessarily the most important things in judging player...they must be considered....that's why guys like Dunn and Adrian Gonzalez are prized because they are purely power hitters and can get runners home...and Soriano is in the top 20 in the MLB in slugging so you might want to take that into consideration

and stolen bases are pretty important...dont be silly....you mean to tell me that you dont care if a guy is a 40/120/40(SB) guy unless he gets on base alot??????

please

Last edited:

Captain Obvious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

because if you get on base alot but your BA and HR and RBI totals are mediocre then it doesnt matter.....because it means that player has piled up alot of BBs which does show plate discipline but something i dont like factoring into when judging a player

and a good BA in a good sample size(say 327 ABs which Soriano has currently) says something and although HR and RBI arent necessarily the most important things in judging player...they must be considered....that's why guys like Dunn and Adrian Gonzalez are prized because they are purely power hitters...and Soriano is in the top 20 in the MLB in slugging so you might want to take that into consideration

You're welcome.

Now come on, that's just not true at all. I would love to have a guy with a .400 OBP, .270 BA, 1 HR, and 26 RBI, or something like that. That would be a damn good player to have.

Adam Dunn and Adrian Gonzalez aren't just purely power hitters. They can also take a walk, which is the most underrated thing in baseball.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
what about a guy with a .266 BA 19 HR 57 RBI and .532 SLG?

and jmo but guys who have more power will have more BBs because pitchers will throw less fastballs down the middle to them

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
and i wouldnt mind having a guy with a .400 OBP and a .270 BA but its not like that guy would be my prized hitter

Captain Obvious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

and a good BA in a good sample size(say 327 ABs which Soriano has currently) says that the said player with the BA has proven to be a good hitter and somewhat Although HRs and RBIs arent necessarily the most important things in judging player...they must be considered....that's why guys like Dunn and Adrian Gonzalez are prized because they are purely power hitters and can get runners home...and Soriano is in the top 20 in the MLB in slugging so you might want to take that into consideration

and stolen bases are pretty important...dont be silly....you mean to tell me that you dont care if a guy is a 40/120/40(SB) guy unless he gets on base alot??????

please

That is not what I am saying at all.

Read this.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Hey, maybe if we finish in last, we can have an off-season like we did between 2006 and 2007 without trades, but just free agents, while obtaining the high draft pick.

waldo7239117

Donator
Liked Posts:
I would only trade Ramirez, if you can get a good return for him. Like a 3B that's close to the majors or can play in the majors now or the following year. Also, I say trade Soriano because the Cubs can call up Jackson. Soriano has been good but if a team is getting younger, that's probably a move going in the right direction.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I would only trade Ramirez, if you can get a good return for him. Like a 3B that's close to the majors or can play in the majors now or the following year. Also, I say trade Soriano because the Cubs can call up Jackson. Soriano has been good but if a team is getting younger, that's probably a move going in the right direction.

1) Trade Aram anything to get the salary off the books

2) Soriano is not tradeable

waldo7239117

Donator
Liked Posts:
1) Trade Aram anything to get the salary off the books

2) Soriano is not tradeable

If you trade 75% of his contract, yes it is. He still can hit and if he goes to an AL team, he will be one hell of a DH.

Captain Obvious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It would be absolutely stupid to trade Rami. He is our best player, when healthy.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars