Look at the bright side...

Captain Obvious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
key words

So let him rest up the rest of this year and have him healthy for next year, when we could make a run at a division title. He'll only make like 14 million next year. Pretty good for a guy who can be a 4 or 5 win player.

Captain Obvious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
But he's older and if you can get a ready major league 3B for him, you wouldn't do it?

He's not that old, only 32. Who exactly is this major league ready 3B? And why would they want Ramirez and not just go with their 3B that they have?

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
So let him rest up the rest of this year and have him healthy for next year, when we could make a run at a division title. He'll only make like 14 million next year. Pretty good for a guy who can be a 4 or 5 win player.

He'll make 16M next year, with a 2M buyout.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
But he's older and if you can get a ready major league 3B for him, you wouldn't do it?

No, we wouldn't, he will likely be a Cub through 2012, and the Cubs could be ready t compete again either next year (depending on the off-season, but likely not), or 2012, so I'd much rather have him.

Last edited:

waldo7239117

Donator
Liked Posts:
He's not that old, only 32. Who exactly is this major league ready 3B? And why would they want Ramirez and not just go with their 3B that they have?

I said older. The ready 3B would be in a trade. They would want a prove 3B like Ramirez and that's why they could make that trade. Look, the Twins trade Ramos for a RP (Capps). I know he's blocked but Ramos can be the DH, or 3B. So, I did not like the trade for the Twins. The Twins need a 3B, and could be interested in Ramirez.

Captain Obvious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I said older. The ready 3B would be in a trade. They would want a prove 3B like Ramirez and that's why they could make that trade. Look, the Twins trade Ramos for a RP (Capps). I know he's blocked but Ramos can be the DH, or 3B. So, I did not like the trade for the Twins. The Twins need a 3B, and could be interested in Ramirez.

Okay, but they don't have Ramos now, so who will the 3B be?

waldo7239117

Donator
Liked Posts:
No, we wouldn't, he will likely be a Cub through 2012, and the Cubs could be ready t compete again either next year (depending on the off-season, but likely not), or 2012, so I'd much rater have him.

Don't get me wrong, I would like Ramirez to but I'm look at the future. He just needs to rest the thumb. Put DeWITT at 3B and call up Barney for 2B. Trade Fotenot and Baker who will be claim, per Bruce Levine.

Captain Obvious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I know they don't have Ramos. If the Cubs did want a 3B in return for Ramirez, the Twins will not be a match.

I just think that it would be absolutely stupid to trade our best player. I mean, we could, but we'd have to get a huge huge return. I don't see that happening.

waldo7239117

Donator
Liked Posts:
I just think that it would be absolutely stupid to trade our best player. I mean, we could, but we'd have to get a huge huge return. I don't see that happening.

Yeah, I did say, only if the Cubs get a return for him.

EnjoyYourTiger

That weird bear thing.
Donator
Liked Posts:
And Byrd is our best player IMO

i wouldn't say best. i'd say most consistent. which i guess is the same as best, but at the same time it's not.

to be honest i have no idea what i'm saying. i'm tired.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
i wouldn't say best. i'd say most consistent. which i guess is the same as best, but at the same time it's not.

to be honest i have no idea what i'm saying. i'm tired.

lol

JB94

Liked Posts:
It's probably a toss up between Soto and Byrd, but Soto kept getting benched a while back for no reason so his number aren't as good as they could be.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars