Mack Restructure. Bears add 11 million in cap space

darkvirage

Liked Posts:
Don't know if it's been mentioned, but this could be making room to sign Gostkowski to a big deal?

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I didn't see a team in their right mind giving a strong safety QB money but it happened yesterday. Strong Safety was a fairly decent value position to target in free agency. Not any more.

As for a safety, I really like Redwine A LOT.

Sauvignon is a much better safety, better coverage skills.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I trust Pace- he's made some mistakes but he gave us a 12-4 team last year. That being said, it's clear the team is gearing up to make a big move. I admit that sometimes I'm a bit too homerish, but if it's a running back, I'm having a hard time believing that Bell will provide the upgrade over Jordan Howard that the price-tag would imply. I could be wrong...

Matt2012

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Wisconsin Badgers
Give me Justin Houston on a reasonable front-loaded 3 year deal and I will be a happy camper.

darkvirage

Liked Posts:
I just don't see Bell's "me-first" attitude fitting with this locker room. He sat out an entire season over his contract...I'm not saying he isn't talented, or that he has a right to run his career the way he wants...I just don't see it as a fit personality-wise.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I just don't see Bell's "me-first" attitude fitting with this locker room. He sat out an entire season over his contract...I'm not saying he isn't talented, or that he has a right to run his career the way he wants...I just don't see it as a fit personality-wise.

COUNTERPOINT: A running back in the NFL who has a lot of touches should have a "me-first" attitude when it comes to his long term financial security.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Nagy and the entire KC coaching tree has always approached RB by committee, I just do not see them paying Bell the money he wants.

Give me Houston..

Bearsgonewild

Liked Posts:
Wouldn’t we want to trade Howard first, before signing Bell, to get a better deal for Howard? No leverage if we sign Bell first - too many running backs. I know, wishful thinking. So... any Howard trade news?

darkvirage

Liked Posts:
COUNTERPOINT: A running back in the NFL who has a lot of touches should have a "me-first" attitude when it comes to his long term financial security.

Like I said, I'm not dogging Bell for doing what he did. But if they let go of Parkey partly because of his "me thing" interview on TV, it doesn't mesh. Bell is, of course, a much better talent than Parkey...that could carry much more weight.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
If we are singing another pass rusher they will likely get paid around what lynch was paid last season. I don’t see Houston going for that the way teams are spending he can find a team that will pay him 10 mil for a few seasons

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Like I said, I'm not dogging Bell for doing what he did. But if they let go of Parkey partly because of his "me thing" interview on TV, it doesn't mesh. Bell is, of course, a much better talent than Parkey...that could carry much more weight.

I don't think you have a good handle on how sports contracts work.

If you think a so-so placekicker gets treated the same as a RB averaging the most yards from scrimmage per game in NFL history, you would be wrong, to put it mildly.

It is naive to think coaches truly have the exact same tolerance for each player, irrespective of their on-field value. That's just not realistic.

Trust me. Talent carries more weight.

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
True. Bell would at least indicate "effort", moreso than throwing money at Mike Davis.

Wow, after the great season Pace had ... people still want to complain about him? Really? "Effort"? "Throwing money at Davis"? "Mistake not signing Hunt"? All I have to say is ........

COME ON MAN!

First, Hunt was a Mckaskey call if anything. You're mad we didn't sign a Woman abuser? Davis replaces Howard, it's obvious at this point. Davis' contract is LESS then Howard's new contract would be after this year. Davis can do what Howard does in the power game, but catches the ball well.

Personally, Davis' contract will replace Howard and Mizzell. At this point, Bell would be a huge signing for Pace. Pace would then have Bell, Davis, and Cohen as their RB's ... not bad at all. Then, Pace could add a draft pick as well by trading Howard.

These would all be great moves by Pace. Why you, and other posters, would criticize Pace just dumbfounds me. Not to mention .... all the people saying we had no money to sign anyone ..... sheesh, the experts around here. :SMH:

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Wow, after the great season Pace had ... people still want to complain about him? Really? "Effort"? "Throwing money at Davis"? "Mistake not signing Hunt"? All I have to say is ........

COME ON MAN!

First, Hunt was a Mckaskey call if anything. You're mad we didn't sign a Woman abuser? Davis replaces Howard, it's obvious at this point. Davis' contract is LESS then Howard's new contract would be after this year. Davis can do what Howard does in the power game, but catches the ball well.

Personally, Davis' contract will replace Howard and Mizzell. At this point, Bell would be a huge signing for Pace. Pace would then have Bell, Davis, and Cohen as their RB's ... not bad at all. Then, Pace could add a draft pick as well by trading Howard.

These would all be great moves by Pace. Why you, and other posters, would criticize Pace just dumbfounds me.

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

have you even been following FA?? At all??

Riddle me this if so then, how exactly has dapace70 improved the team?

Signed some short kicker off the street.

He's losing DBs. He picked up TWO scrubs, one for offense and one for defense which offset any comp picks.

He's maneuvered contracts around and done ZILCH with the savings besides those two guys he signed yesterday.

What is your answer for this????

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm?

Lastly, what is he going to do with the ELEVEN MILLION DOLLARS he freed up with Mack's contract restructure???? Because he hasn't used it to sign Bell yet....