Maybe OT?: Red Sox fire Ben Cherington and hire Dave Dombrowski

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
Internet seems to speculate cubs might find a way to hire him given his history with theo.

The Bandit

vick27m
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wouldn't mind Cherington being brought in as possibly a special adviser to Theo and Jed or something, he was considered a very good hire when he got the GM job in Boston.

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
God I hope not.

Worst accents in the US, worst food, ugly women. Not Green Bay ugly, but up there

Ha. What do you dislike about the food?

Boobaby1

Liked Posts:
I believe I called the Dombrowski hire to the Red Sox a couple of weeks ago. I think CSF agreed but I am not sure.

Apparently that WS victory just wasn't enough.

Three last place finishes in four years will tend to put anyone on the hot seat, especially with a payroll like Boston has.

Boobaby1

Liked Posts:
God I hope not.

Worst accents in the US, worst food, ugly women. Not Green Bay ugly, but up there

We are starting to agree on things Pat. The accents for sure. The food I found good because I hit the right spots I guess.

As far as women in Boston or Green Bay? Just drink a lot more. Eventually they will all start to look good and the food will taste better too. :shrug:

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
I believe I called the Dombrowski hire to the Red Sox a couple of weeks ago. I think CSF agreed but I am not sure.

Apparently that WS victory just wasn't enough.

Three last place finishes in four years will tend to put anyone on the hot seat, especially with a payroll like Boston has.

Sort of was obvious Ben would be gone. What's interesting to me though is this now creates a situation where Dave will have players he has no attachment to but this front office does. This winter could be interesting trade wise.

Zvbxrpl

Liked Posts:
We are starting to agree on things Pat. The accents for sure. The food I found good because I hit the right spots I guess.

As far as women in Boston or Green Bay? Just drink a lot more. Eventually they will all start to look good and the food will taste better too. :shrug:

Okay. Lobster doesn't count. Everybody does lobster, kinda think if anyone would have it; itd be Maine and California. Clam chowder sucks after the first time you have it. Boston baked beans......some idiot had a bright idea to mix pancakes, bacon, and maple syrup into beans.......

They have Dunkin Donuts--which I'm convinced is decaf all around. Coffee is supposed to do 2 things: 1. Kickstart your brain & 2. Jumpstart your colon. It does neither for me. I dont love the taste of starbucks but I much prefer it.

Mike's canolis were good. Sam Adams is okay.

Now hang on, my sister went to BU, and in college area/triangle of BU/Harvard/MIT with BC and Suffolk down the road, the ladies look fine--but they're not local. Visiting there was a cool part, BU is right down the road from Fenway.

The locals? Yeesh.