McNeil to Vegas?

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Any chance McNeil could end up a 4th line center in Vegas? Or he is just too slow and has the Bickell skate?

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Sure for whatever their ahl team is. It's not going good for him in Rockford anymore I think he will just be let go this summer

Why panic when you can panik? via da Tapatalk

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
I believe he is protected from the expansion draft due to his lack of NHL games. But I don't think he's long for this franchise anyway, as Clyde mentioned.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
I believe he is protected from the expansion draft due to his lack of NHL games. But I don't think he's long for this franchise anyway, as Clyde mentioned.

McNeill is not protected from the expansion draft. You are protected if you are a first year, second year pro, or an unsigned draft pick. Lack of NHL games doesn't play into it.

However, Vegas would be stupid to take McNeill in an expansion draft and he isn't even an option. Pretty surprised that the organization hasn't moved on from him yet and tried to get something for him (as small as it may be).

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
McNeill is not protected from the expansion draft. You are protected if you are a first year, second year pro, or an unsigned draft pick. Lack of NHL games doesn't play into it.

However, Vegas would be stupid to take McNeill in an expansion draft and he isn't even an option. Pretty surprised that the organization hasn't moved on from him yet and tried to get something for him (as small as it may be).

My guess is they value the organizational center depth more than the 6th rd pick, and since they appreciate the work he does for Rockford...just let it be.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
My guess is they value the organizational center depth more than the 6th rd pick, and since they appreciate the work he does for Rockford...just let it be.
He doesn't regularly play center.

He's a bust because he physically matured his draft year and never got bigger, fastee, much stronger, and his skills to be a skill guy aren't NHL level.

I know it's old school scout talk but they say stay clear of guys who you think need more physical maturing if they're already balding or growing legit beards... they also say don't draft a guy for his batting if he's blue eyed.

Why panic when you can panik? via da Tapatalk

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not from Chicago.....