Mel Kiper was really wishy washy on two guys the Bears

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
are considering in the first round... Brochers and Coples. It is going to be interesting to see (if we ever do) how Emery rated these two in the Bears draft board.

He didn't like Coples work ethic, how he should have dominated more games than he did. Kinda of the same with Brochers, NFL body without the results as often as you like.

R_Mac_1

Liked Posts:
Maybe he's just not friends with their agents.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Tapatalk 2

Soundwave_Superior

Liked Posts:
Whenever Kiper talks all I see and hear is the little chickenhawk guy from the cartoons.

6a00c225290de28e1d00c2252b4905549d-320pi.jpg

He is such a moron. I really can't believe how he keeps a job. Just shows how many idiots there are out there watching ESPN. Enough to keep him on TV.

Sunbiz1

Liked Posts:
Um, seems like a pretty good assessment to me. Wasn't too far off. Did you want him to predict training camp injuries?

When one evaluates draft success and failure, the rule is generally 3 years after. The Forte pick was a no-brainer, it was him or Rice that year. So that leaves Williams who wasn't a 1st rounder, Steltz who is no Plank, and Hanie...the worst of the prognostications.

Looking back, I'd say he fucked-up pretty good...or at least good enough to question his current opinions.

ZAN

Liked Posts:
That was a good draft by the Bears...IDK what you're talking about Sunbiz.

I'm not high on Coples, either. I think the Bears REALLY need to look to take Dre Kirkpatrick if he falls.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
Watched the NFL Network pre draft show tonight, talking about pass rushing DE's in the draft. Interestingly enough Ruskell was on giving his opinions (I know I know):

Ingram = 3-4 guy 1st off the board

Upshaw= 4-3 guy mid 1st talent

Mercilus= 4-3 guy but pass rusher only to small to play run low 1st high 2nd

McClullen= 3-4 guy high motor 2nd round talent

No mention of Coples...