• Win 2-Nice!

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • SWEEEEP!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:

I was there last night ... taking over the park? Not quite. There was a decent amount of Twins fans there, and more than I'd ever seen.

They were probably more vocal, though, because they actually had reasons to cheer. The collective groans after the 5th and 6th inning chokes weren't loud enough, I guess.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Also, last night ...

I was sitting in the outfield seats in right center. A few rows in front of us were two female Twins fans, maybe 18 years old. They each had signs, one of them the "Circle Me Bert!" signs you see every time the Twins are in town because of Minnesota's color analyst Bert Blyleven. In the 8th or 9th inning, these two younger kids (maybe 8 or 9 years old) started yelling at the girls about how much the Twins sucked, their signs sucked, etc. After a little coaxing from their parents/fans in their section, one of them ran down to the girls, stole a sign, than ripped it to pieces with an incredibly evil look on his face.

A different Sox fan walked up to the kids and grabbed the sign, then lectured the kids and their parents on proper fan etiquette, then handed the sign's remains to the Twins' fans, saying "Sorry they have no class."

It was an interesting night.

Montanaro

Liked Posts:
Also, last night ...

I was sitting in the outfield seats in right center. A few rows in front of us were two female Twins fans, maybe 18 years old. They each had signs, one of them the "Circle Me Bert!" signs you see every time the Twins are in town because of Minnesota's color analyst Bert Blyleven. In the 8th or 9th inning, these two younger kids (maybe 8 or 9 years old) started yelling at the girls about how much the Twins sucked, their signs sucked, etc. After a little coaxing from their parents/fans in their section, one of them ran down to the girls, stole a sign, than ripped it to pieces with an incredibly evil look on his face.

A different Sox fan walked up to the kids and grabbed the sign, then lectured the kids and their parents on proper fan etiquette, then handed the sign's remains to the Twins' fans, saying "Sorry they have no class."

It was an interesting night.

The two younger kids must be cub offspring