Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Nikola Mirotic sure sounds like a bad ass

So like the rest of you Bulls fans, I'm scrambling to find information on a guy I've never heard of before in an effort to break him down for you. I hoping to do a bunch of video scouting...

Go to Source For Full Article: Bulls Confidential...

By: Doug Thonus

ZAN

Liked Posts:
Here's the bottom line.

Everyone is bitching/pissing/moaning all over Nikola Mirotic because his name isn't Marshon Brooks.

1. Marshon Brooks is a very good scorer, but he doesn't play DEFENSE. Vinny Del Negro is not our coach anymore. Tom Thibodeau demands defense...You either play it or sit in Chicago. Notice Boozer SITTING in crunch time? Yeah. Exactly.

2. This Mirotic pick allows us to sell high on either Taj Gibson or Omer Asik (most likely Asik). Packaging Asik and a pick can get us the 2 guard we desperately need...as was seen by the fact that we declined Mayo for Asik and Brewer.

3. Mirotic will be 23 or 24 when he comes over to Chicago in a few years. Boozer will be either 1 year left or done with his contract and Mirotic settles in as the starting 4.

4. Mirotic was easily a top ten talent in the draft and most of the teams were turned off by the four year wait. Look what a 3 year wait for Asik got us. A very very good bench center who's turning heads around the league, making him very valuable in getting a starting SG.

5. Mirotic's skill set matches with Rose perfectly. A big body, good perimeter scorer. Efficient in the lane with his 7'1'' wingspan when need-be. This is the pick and pop forward the Bulls need to take the double teams off Rose at the top of the key.

bleacherbum54

GoCubsGo
Liked Posts:
Watch Live Streaming Basketball Online - ESPN3

he played may 8th

he is a very good player just needs to add 15-35 pounds.

and ZAN Marshon was so overrated in this draft it wasn't even funny. The guy was a bone a fined chucker in college who got tore up on defense. Obviously he will be a scorer in this league but how efficient can he be? I saw Marshon play in the big east tourney and he got shut down by Jimmy Butler. I mean he had 20 points but he had to take 20 shots to get those points. That is like Nick Young Jordan Crawford inefficient.

Last edited:

Commodore K'nection

Liked Posts:
Here's the bottom line.

2. This Mirotic pick allows us to sell high on either Taj Gibson or Omer Asik (most likely Asik). Packaging Asik and a pick can get us the 2 guard we desperately need...as was seen by the fact that we declined Mayo for Asik and Brewer.

Dude, we are NOT trading Omer Asik. If we lose Asik, we are not going to be able to create the all-Euro front line that will be the envy of the league.
We are going to extend Asik when his deal is up and eventually move Noah. Then when Nikola Mirotic is ready to come over in 3 seasons, we will have a starting front line of Asik and Mirotic. The Turk and the Montenegran are a perfect complement to each other.

Asik excels on D but has no offense. Mirotic is a lights out shooter who can drive, but is not athletic or strong enough to guard great 4s. Asik will cover Mirotic's back on defense, while Nikola will allow Asik to play full-time at Center without stagnating the offense.

ASIK AND MIROTIC = the FUTURE of the Chicago Bulls!

Omer+Asik+Dallas+Mavericks+v+Chicago+Bulls+6LMOJ_V6VcIl.jpg

MIROTIC.jpg

sach1

Liked Posts:
wow this guy looks promising.
He better develops his game more and be ready when we get him in the future.

Rush

Fuck it, Go Deep
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
About that Mirotic guy.....

The Lockout is Driving Me Mirotic |

Written by Crystallas, he's leading the European championships in scoring, 4 games in. Had a 41pt/14rb game against Ukraine.

I'm starting to like this pick more and more after reading this.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
The Lockout is Driving Me Mirotic |

Written by Crystallas, he's leading the European championships in scoring, 4 games in. Had a 41pt/14rb game against Ukraine.

I'm starting to like this pick more and more after reading this.

Meh -- I mean...he puts up impressive stats...but so did Marcus Fizer against sub-par competition.

I'll be impressed when i see him dominate nba players.

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
still tho - good read, Crys.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It has been said that European leagues are better than NCAA competition, but still, X's point is valid. Still looks to be a very good pick at #23 or whatever though (Fizer was #4...bit of a difference).

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
he does remind me alot of toni kukoc

wonder if he will be able to produce like he did out of the gate

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
he does remind me alot of toni kukoc

wonder if he will be able to produce like he did out of the gate

I know that Kukoc had played a lot of top competition including NBA at times. But for every Toni Kukoc, there's a Dragan Tarlac. So we will see...

AE23

from 68th
Donator
Liked Posts:
LOL Crys. So hes the best in Europe? and its an under 20 tournament you say? OK, thats something i guess. Hard for me to get excited about U20 European basketball though, but good for our guy.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
LOL Crys. So hes the best in Europe? and its an under 20 tournament you say? OK, thats something i guess. Hard for me to get excited about U20 European basketball though, but good for our guy.

Well, the article was more of a reminder that during the lockout, we do have something to check out. Not so much that he's the messiah. :)

But then again, I try hard to catch every Summer League game, so my level of entertainment value is different than others, especially those of you who can sit through bad baseball(no offense).

bleacherbum54

GoCubsGo
Liked Posts:
I watched him score 41 and 14 the other day pretty insane really a complete player. To bad his contract doesn't allow him to come over for a few years. He was likely a top 10 pick if he didnt have to stay over for 4 more years.

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I watched him score 41 and 14 the other day pretty insane really a complete player. To bad his contract doesn't allow him to come over for a few years. He was likely a top 10 pick if he didnt have to stay over for 4 more years.

Wonder if there's any buy-out options...?

JimisBulls

Liked Posts:
Putting up numbers is good, if his stroke can be refined to about 50-56 FG% we should consider that buyout option... In my opinion, competition against Lu, Korver, Jimmy, Taj, Booz etc would allow him develop into an NBA player-- not just a Euro-stat-stuffer (which doesn't always translate to NBA success).

Love Jimi.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Well, the article was more of a reminder that during the lockout, we do have something to check out. Not so much that he's the messiah. :)

But then again, I try hard to catch every Summer League game, so my level of entertainment value is different than others, especially those of you who can sit through bad baseball(no offense).
What do you think of Tiago Splitter?

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
What do you think of Tiago Splitter?

He's a beast for sure. Unfortunately, he's the kind of player that met a crossroads when he came to the NBA. He can learn under guys like Duncan, but at the same time, it may have been better for him to go somewhere that would play him for better or for worse to get his development kicked into high gear.

bleacherbum54

GoCubsGo
Liked Posts:
What he is doing in the U20 is far more impressive than what Jonas did IMO. He is doing it on skill and mid range and his basketball IQ. Jonas did it by pure size and just is a man amongst boys. But Mirc looks like a man amongst boys skills wise.

bleacherbum54

GoCubsGo
Liked Posts:
Wonder if there's any buy-out options...?

Real Madrid will likely keep him and not want to buy him out. I dont know his contract details but he most likley makes more in Europe than he would of on a rookie deal. The buy out is probably more than he wants to pay(remember it is coming out of his own pocket besides the 500k the Bulls can pay). Plus he probably wants to mature more body wise.