Monique Davis' "interesting" view on Derek Rose

BullsBuddy

Liked Posts:
here is the link to her interview on WGN 720 from monday night
http://www.wgnradio.com/media/mp3file/2009-06/47254993.mp3

This has to be one of the weirdest interviews I have ever heard. I do not think this is a race issue at all! I don't see how she thinks 17 year olds do not know right from wrong. This might not be so much about the situation, but I am just embarrassed having an Illinois rep up here saying that it is more important for chicago to put out more basketball stars than building up a productive community. I just think she made a fool of herself.

BullsBuddy

Liked Posts:
Illinois already has the most corrupt politics in the country. i dont see why we have elected officials that care about one kid making a few million bucks, over an entire community that is obviously struggling. just pathetic

theCHI_Life84

Liked Posts:
good lord. i feel dumber after listening to that windbag.

BullsBuddy

Liked Posts:
Re:Monique Davis'

theCHI_Life84 wrote:
good lord. i feel dumber after listening to that windbag.

You should have heard it live! LOL.

Simeon2UC

Liked Posts:

Ms Davis was right. These radio personalities have nothing else better to do but challenge Derrick Rose's character. I'm a product of Englewood and the standardize tests reeked with stuff only privileged kids could understand. The system sucks because African American children don't have the mint study books or best teachers. If he did do it, I could understand, maybe different cultures won't but who cares. Derrick Rose needs to keep making his fan base proud and sweep the haters aside. B.I.G. said it best, mo money, mo problems.

??? ??????

Liked Posts:

I've never taken the SAT, but I've taken the ACT. I went to a public school, with old textbooks and plenty of crappy teachers. If only the privileged kids in Englewood can understand that stuff, than the entire public education system needs to be scrapped and rebuilt in Englewood.

Simeon2UC

Liked Posts:

I grew up around Derrick Rose and never heard nothing abnormal about him, especially for someone with his reputation throughout the past 6 years. My sister played ball with him at our local park. He was always passive and cool about stuff. I hope they don't try to do him like Iverson.

??? ??????

Liked Posts:

Iverson has pulled stuff like the "Practice...we're talking about practice, not a game, but practice." and refusing to come off the bench for the Pistons. Iverson did himself in.

If Derrick Rose has the same general attitude that he had in his first year with the Bulls, I don't think anyone will think of him in a negative light. Him not being very bright in school won't really matter to people, because it doesn't really have much bearing on his job.

The cheating is generally bad when looking at it from an academia point of view. But Rose doesn't care about being part of academia, he wants to be a basketball player.

Simeon2UC

Liked Posts:

??? ?????? wrote:
Iverson has pulled stuff like the "Practice...we're talking about practice, not a game, but practice." and refusing to come off the bench for the Pistons. Iverson did himself in.

If Derrick Rose has the same general attitude that he had in his first year with the Bulls, I don't think anyone will think of him in a negative light. Him not being very bright in school won't really matter to people, because it doesn't really have much bearing on his job.

The cheating is generally bad when looking at it from an academia point of view. But Rose doesn't care about being part of academia, he wants to be a basketball player.

People near his circle has said Derrick was outstanding in school. It sure look like he enjoyed school from my recollection.

theCHI_Life84

Liked Posts:
im not mad if he did it. i think i even read somewhere that even if that D was never changed to a C, he still would have been eligible to go to memphis.

he just doesnt seem like the type to let someone take a test for him. he looks like the kind of guy that would want to do things himself. his demeanor, his respectful attitude really doesnt fit the bill.

my main problem with monique davis here is how she thinks that 17 year-olds dont know that its wrong to cheat on a test. wow. you learn in grade school that cheating is wrong and you get punished for it. basically shes admitting that 17-y.o. afr-am kids dont know right from wrong and we shouldnt blame them for it. what?! whether you know right from wrong is irrelevant when youre breaking the rules. just because you didnt know stealing was illegal doesnt mean you cant go to jail for it.

it just sounded like half her arguments went off on tangents and she tried to bring out all sorts of negativity to counter these allegations. this almost sounded like a skit.