1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Just goes to show Lovie didn't know shit about offense.. How could you look at Tice's playbook as a DC, and not laugh your ass off??
Well....he knew enuff to get us to SB without a real Qb. I remember jay walking away while Tice was talking to him. Boy I wish that wouda' been Ditka instead of Tice
jay>>?

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I could be wrong, but if I recall he had an issue with concussions at the end of his career.
Here's what I found:

“I think there’s that consistency at the slot position and being able to bump him outside,” Cutler said Tuesday. “Earl’s a guy that can play all three of them. He keeps everyone at ease in the huddle because he knows exactly what to do. If anybody on the outside isn’t sure, Earl can get him lined up and get him going. Hopefully we get him back soon. Concussions get a little scary. There’s a lot of attention on those. We’ve just got to take it day by day. When he comes back, he’ll be an immediate playmaker for us.”

Trading Bennett will be complicated for the Bears because teams are very conscious of head injuries right now.

-Brad Biggs, Chicago Tribune ......Aug 28, 2013

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
I really never understood why we let Earl walk...He was a really good 3rd option on the field when we had Alshon, Brandon Marshall...plus be had M. Bennett at TE and Forte out of the backfield. All together our offense was really solid. Yeah, Earls numbers weren't great considering he was playing second fiddle to everyone else, but he was reliable, caught everything in his vicinity, and was a good possession receiver. Yet, we let him walk in 2014 for table scraps and replaced him with 7th round Marques Wilson...smh?

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I really never understood why we let Earl walk...He was a really good 3rd option on the field when we had Alshon, Brandon Marshall...plus be had M. Bennett at TE and Forte out of the backfield. All together our offense was really solid. Yeah, Earls numbers weren't great considering he was playing second fiddle to everyone else, but he was reliable, caught everything in his vicinity, and was a good possession receiver. Yet, we let him walk in 2014 for table scraps and replaced him with 7th round Marques Wilson...smh?
this bother me too. the season before he was, EB was good, coming thru and growing.

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:

Novoitus

Mitch Trubisky Fan
Liked Posts:

Jeffery and Marshall?

gilder121

I don't care nearly as much anymore
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nah, this isn't true. I have it on the top authorities from CCS that Marshall was a great teammate. Any friction was because he cared and nobody else did.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Players go with the play called by the QB, period. Don't really understand the drama about that part. If the play call is "Tell Martz to go fuck himself", that's what they run.

What Earl had to say about Turner's O was much more damning and unfortunately, very true. The team excuse about EB not playing because of having to learn 3 positions sounds like bullshit if he had the O playbook down in anywhere near that short of a time.

You think it was Turner? I tend to believe it was Mike Tice.

gilder121

I don't care nearly as much anymore
Donator
Liked Posts:
I remember a few years ago an ex-Bears offensive player complaining that the offense was so predictable that opponents were calling out plays before every snap. I don't remember 100% if that was during the Tice timeframe, but I wouldn't be surprised.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think its no coincidence that Mike Tice has spent 21 years as an NFL coach, and only 1 of those years was spent as an Offensive Coordinator.
I remember watching Hard Knocks when the Falcons were the featured team and Mike Tice was a coach with Atlanta at the time. In general I would say that it was very revealing watching that particular Hard Knocks season, and I knew immediately after watching that coaching staff that their days were numbered.

In any case there was one exchange when Arthur Blank was watching the camp and Mike Tice tried to strike up a conversation with him. You could tell right away that whatever Tice said, Blank was not impressed. That next season (confirming my personal suspicions), nearly the entire staff was fired (I think they kept defensive line coach Bryan Cox, as opposed to the physicist Brian Cox).

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Had to be this game, where Alshon had 249 yards receiving: