My Boy Earl Bennett Talks His Time With the Bears

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
So Brandon Marshall threw a hissy fit when AJ went off in 2013? Man, I could have sworn that BM was a great teammate from what his nuthuggers on this board would say about him. I wonder why he never made it to the playoffs.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
So Brandon Marshall threw a hissy fit when AJ went off in 2013? Man, I could have sworn that BM was a great teammate from what his nuthuggers on this board would say about him. I wonder why he never made it to the playoffs.
you really love exaggerating.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
B Marshall was probably mad his secret lover Jay was eye-f***ing Alshon all day!

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
B Marshall was probably mad his secret lover Jay was eye-f***ing Alshon all day!
poor Marshall was crazy for cutler. He felt betrayed when that game happened.

bearbros.gif

look at these two..lovebirds.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
I feel like Earl Bennett should have posted a video. Holy multiple machine gun tweeter shots batman. Or maybe tweeter should allow more than 200 characters or whatever the rule is. Or maybe there is no rule and Earl likes to fire off tweeters like this?
someone please tell him this as I do not use tweeter thanks

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
The trainer was Tim Bream.

https://www.pennlive.com/pennstatefootball/2018/02/penn_state_football_trainer_ti.html

Tim Bream, Penn State's assistant athletics director for athletic training services, its head football trainer, and a former adviser to the now closed Beta Theta Pi fraternity at the school, is resigning at the end of February.
No reason was given for his planned departure. Onward State/Statecollege.com first reported the news.

Bream testified during the preliminary hearing related to criminal charges against Beta Theta Pi and some of its members resulting from the death of pledge Timothy Piazza in February 2017, which came a year after he became a live-in adviser for the fraternity.
From previous PennLive reporting:
While Bream was inside his room, Beta brothers put 14 pledges, including Timothy Piazza through a "gauntlet," where they quickly downed a series of alcoholic drinks after accepting bids to pledge at the fraternity. Piazza later suffered a series of falls and went without medical help for nearly 12 hours.
Prosecutors filed criminal charges against 18 Beta members in connection with the death of Piazza, 19.
"I in no way, shape or form would give permission to any type of alcohol abuse gauntlet or anything like that nor did I know about it," Bream said at the preliminary hearing.
He was not charged in the case.
"Tim Bream has notified us of his intention to resign his position, effective the end of this month," Penn State Athletics said in a statement.

"We appreciate Tim's contributions to Penn State Athletics and his commitment to the care of our student-athletes and their success. We wish Tim success in his future endeavors."
A Gettysburg native and Penn State graduate, Bream has spent time with the United States Olympic Committee, multiple colleges, and he spent 19 years with the NFL's Chicago Bears before coming back to his alma mater in February 2012.
Penn State did not announce plans for finding Bream's successor.

gilder121

I don't care nearly as much anymore
Donator
Liked Posts:

There were always fights during training camps. That’s understandable when guys are vying for a roster spot and trying to provide for their families. But after the season starts, if people are still throwing blows, we have a significant problem. A problem that cannot be solved unless you change the culture, starting with the coach.

A new coach and a change in the culture did not happen as expected. In the locker room, there are a ton of Alpha males. Guys that think they look good, dress well, are powerful and highly intelligent. That was the makeup of the 2013 Chicago Bears locker room. A new offensive scheme against a defense that was overhauled with new schemes too. The new defense was more man coverage which caused for WR #1 and DB #1 to battle. A battle on one particular day would set the tone for the season.

There are some guys you do not want to mess with on a fighting level. That guy was DB#1. His ability to punch the ball out should give some insights to his ability to hit his target accurately. Make no mistake, DB #1 is one of the best teammates you could ever have. He battled, played hard and had fun. He just is not with the nonsense.

During a team scrimmage, WR#1 and DB #1 lock up. They had been arguing beforehand, and it carried over onto the field. Before you know it, they were fighting. Well, I say fighting because there were two people, but really DB #1 was in control the entire fight. DB #1 has that country strength being an Army brat and living in Texas. He controlled the whole fight. Start to finish, I cannot recall WR #1 getting in a single punch or making any contact.

After the fight, WR #1 returned to the sidelines where the other receivers were. His response was, “I should have kneed him, huh.” If a person ever says that, that should tell you how the fight went for them. The size wasn’t an issue, and neither was skills. DB #1 was tough, making football plays as if he were in a physical fight.

Football is football, but there are some guys wired differently. DB #1 shows why he is now an FBI agent. Not only did he have the skillset to be a Pro Bowler, but he also possesses the required intelligence for the field as well as the physical traits to beat someone down if called to do so. So, if any future criminal is reading this blog and somehow DB #1 is tracking you down, the best thing to do is surrender and save yourself the humiliation because DB #1 can punch more than a football. That he does very well. #StoryTimeWithEarl

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

There were always fights during training camps. That’s understandable when guys are vying for a roster spot and trying to provide for their families. But after the season starts, if people are still throwing blows, we have a significant problem. A problem that cannot be solved unless you change the culture, starting with the coach.

A new coach and a change in the culture did not happen as expected. In the locker room, there are a ton of Alpha males. Guys that think they look good, dress well, are powerful and highly intelligent. That was the makeup of the 2013 Chicago Bears locker room. A new offensive scheme against a defense that was overhauled with new schemes too. The new defense was more man coverage which caused for WR #1 and DB #1 to battle. A battle on one particular day would set the tone for the season.

There are some guys you do not want to mess with on a fighting level. That guy was DB#1. His ability to punch the ball out should give some insights to his ability to hit his target accurately. Make no mistake, DB #1 is one of the best teammates you could ever have. He battled, played hard and had fun. He just is not with the nonsense.

During a team scrimmage, WR#1 and DB #1 lock up. They had been arguing beforehand, and it carried over onto the field. Before you know it, they were fighting. Well, I say fighting because there were two people, but really DB #1 was in control the entire fight. DB #1 has that country strength being an Army brat and living in Texas. He controlled the whole fight. Start to finish, I cannot recall WR #1 getting in a single punch or making any contact.

After the fight, WR #1 returned to the sidelines where the other receivers were. His response was, “I should have kneed him, huh.” If a person ever says that, that should tell you how the fight went for them. The size wasn’t an issue, and neither was skills. DB #1 was tough, making football plays as if he were in a physical fight.

Football is football, but there are some guys wired differently. DB #1 shows why he is now an FBI agent. Not only did he have the skillset to be a Pro Bowler, but he also possesses the required intelligence for the field as well as the physical traits to beat someone down if called to do so. So, if any future criminal is reading this blog and somehow DB #1 is tracking you down, the best thing to do is surrender and save yourself the humiliation because DB #1 can punch more than a football. That he does very well. #StoryTimeWithEarl
Tillman whooped Marshall's ass huh. Good

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Marshawn Lynch wanted to be a Bear

Beast Mode Trade #StoryTimeWithEarl
In 2011, Chicago Bears RB #1 was in heated negotiations for a new contract. Not being elected to a pro-bowl, management considered his performance on the field not pro bowl level. Although everyone on the team knew he was the right fit for the team and the organization as well. The negotiations created heavy tension.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Earl Bennett tries to block Julius Peppers in practice

Future Hall of Fame DE #1 was very quiet. He kept to himself and spoke mostly in joking manners. His ability to connect with players without really talking was always a cool thing to see. Safe to say he was introverted. Playing with him and getting to see his athletic abilities on display daily was indeed a treat. That was until the day came where we would meet in the first-team offense vs first team defense.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
On the Johnny Knox Injury

I see the ball on the ground, and my reaction is to recover or tackle the defender who has it. I have no clue what happened to my teammate, WR #1, after the fumble. Sometimes, when an offensive player loses the ball, he is upset at himself for the mistake. So, seeing him on the ground, I assumed he was all right and just disgusted with his performance.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
On Mike Martz Firing

There is always a backstory to be told, and here is mine. During the Green Bay game, before Minnesota finale, I managed one catch for 45 yards. This 10-yard catch, turned 45 yards, came with a few jukes and hesitation moves that saw me tackled at the one-yard line. This catch and run was so impressive that Coach Lovie Smith asked to speak with me after the game.