Nate Jones Extended

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
3/yrs $8 million plus three option years.

I know it is minor, but Jones is actually a very solid and consistent reliever. They got him locked up very, very cheaply.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
3/yrs $8 million plus three option years.

I know it is minor, but Jones is actually a very solid and consistent reliever. They got him locked up very, very cheaply.

Must mean that he is sound. Still wish that they would try him as a starter.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He has no health to do it Hawk. you gotta give that dream up

You're right of course. The time to have done that was three years ago when he had four pitches and two were world class. I really think that they have misused the guy's potential. I remember seeing him as a pretty raw rookie in spring training and was blown away with the movement on his ball and the great velocity. He also had the frame to develop as a starter. It really hurts to see him where they have penciled in him namely as a one trick set-up guy.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
You're right of course. The time to have done that was three years ago when he had four pitches and two were world class. I really think that they have misused the guy's potential. I remember seeing him as a pretty raw rookie in spring training and was blown away with the movement on his ball and the great velocity. He also had the frame to develop as a starter. It really hurts to see him where they have penciled in him namely as a one trick set-up guy.

It seems though that he knows that he's cut for a reliever role else he'd not have signed. I think Nate could be one of those year in and year out top notch relievers. That has a lot of value that is just hard to quantify.

Samurai

Ridiculum Anserini
Liked Posts:
His role could still expand. The chances aren't great, but regardless, it's a good cost effective deal...if he stays "mostly" healthy.

Hopefully, he's getting a bionic rotator cuff for Christmas...just in case. :pray: