NBA Final Four 'team building', Sixers/Hinkie/Process & Bulls

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
Not exactly sure what we are supposed to do. I don't believe there is a correct method, building a championship team is more about luck and timing than anything.

GS for example - all their top players far exceeded their draft position and were further lucky by getting Curry on a deal that turned into a absolute steal that allowed them fill out the roster with guys like Iggy and when the cap exploded, sign Durant.

Maybe I am speculating too far, but the Bulls would never have drafted a player like Curry. They're still drafting post players, athletes, guys who they think will matchup well defensively. I'm guessing that in this upcoming draft the Bulls will luck into the second overall pick, and they'll take RJ Barrett and we'll spend the next 5 years watching him go 28% from 3 and miss every outside shot.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Maybe I am speculating too far, but the Bulls would never have drafted a player like Curry. They're still drafting post players, athletes, guys who they think will matchup well defensively. I'm guessing that in this upcoming draft the Bulls will luck into the second overall pick, and they'll take RJ Barrett and we'll spend the next 5 years watching him go 28% from 3 and miss every outside shot.
As I said in another thread, "You're going to get the 5th seed, and you're going to like it!"