NBA Finals Thread

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I knew the Warriors would come back after that timeout. Pretty much said Thompson and Curry would hit multiple threes. They did. Game ended in their favor because of that.

Now the only way GSW wins this series is if Toronto now has a complete mental collapse or they continue to hit 20+ threes per game.

They got 11 from Durant who they're not getting from any other bench player, and only won by 1 point.

GSW isn't likely to hit a high percentage of threes again and they still can't defend very well, so I believe as long as Toronto keeps their mentality, they'll win this in game 6.

But it also wouldn't shock me to see Toronto blow it.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If GS is gonna pull off forcing a game 7, they'll need someone besides the Splash Bros to step up and score. So far it seems like only Quinn Cook is willing to take these open shots. Boogie did alright this last game, but he's been very up and down. If it's all on Steph and Klay to hit 15 3s to carry them with no other help, don't think we see a game 7.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
If GS is gonna pull off forcing a game 7, they'll need someone besides the Splash Bros to step up and score. So far it seems like only Quinn Cook is willing to take these open shots. Boogie did alright this last game, but he's been very up and down. If it's all on Steph and Klay to hit 15 3s to carry them with no other help, don't think we see a game 7.
They combine for 70 next game

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
They win next game and your hatred grows
I deal in facts and logic. Not emotions.

Only one team in NBA finals history has ever come back to force a game 7 when down 3-1, that team also won it. They beat these Warriors in 2016.

Another team, the 1951 Rochester Royals were down 3-0, and forced game 7 and lost.

That's it. That's your two instances in 72 years of nba history of forcing a game 7, and the teams are 1-1.

The Warriors are beat up, hurt, short handed, and firing on their last fumes. The only thing they'll have going for them is Toronto jitters.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I deal in facts and logic. Not emotions.

Only one team in NBA finals history has ever come back to force a game 7 when down 3-1, that team also won it. They beat these Warriors in 2016.

Another team, the 1951 Rochester Royals were down 3-0, and forced game 7 and lost.

That's it. That's your two instances in 72 years of nba history of forcing a game 7, and the teams are 1-1.

The Warriors are beat up, hurt, short handed, and firing on their last fumes. The only thing they'll have going for them is Toronto jitters.
So, its been done before

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
So, its been done before
Yeah the 2016 Cavs beat the 2016 Warriors, a team you repeatedly said was the best team ever.

Worked out well for you.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah the 2016 Cavs beat the 2016 Warriors, a team you repeatedly said was the best team ever.

Worked out well for you.
I went on facts that they broke the record. I run on facts not emotion scooter

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Just experienced some of the most intense weird feelings I’ve ever had watching basketball, so I come here to see what others processes out of all that is going on and everyone is just apoplectic over a bad timeout?

Really? Not the horrendous goaltending on Cousins, the backcourt, 15 other terrible foul calls the refs implanting themselves all game, Durant changing the tide and then it clearly going out again.

Unbelievable close game with this thing swinging back to Golden State where surely they force game 7.

This shits crazy and their coach who nobody knows shit the bed. Bad timeout? Really?

But y’all this playoffs is wack with intrigue yeah?

Well, the timeout was pretty big and a bad decision. Toronto was up 6, Kawhi had scored the last 10 and Nurse calls a timeout to kill the momentum. You had the champs DEAD. They were buried. Then he calls that timeout with just over 3 left and Toronto goes 1 for 6 the rest of the way and loses.

Not to mention Lowry takes the final shot.

So yes, this is what people are talking about.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Well, the timeout was pretty big and a bad decision. Toronto was up 6, Kawhi had scored the last 10 and Nurse calls a timeout to kill the momentum. You had the champs DEAD. They were buried. Then he calls that timeout with just over 3 left and Toronto goes 1 for 6 the rest of the way and loses.

Not to mention Lowry takes the final shot.

So yes, this is what people are talking about.
They had no idea what to do that final possession.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He said they lose the two timeouts after the 3 minute mark so they came across and wanted to give them a breather. It wasnt a good decision.

Is this true? Haven't seen this..

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
They had no idea what to do that final possession.

And they had a timeout on that final possession. If I see Kawi being denied the ball, I'm calling that TO there..

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
And they had a timeout on that final possession. If I see Kawi being denied the ball, I'm calling that TO there..
Should have used it right away after Cousins committed the foul. Lowry bringing the ball up the floor (or even Van Fleet) and dishes to Kawhi would have been infinitely better than that garbage.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Should have used it right away after Cousins committed the foul. Lowry bringing the ball up the floor (or even Van Fleet) and dishes to Kawhi would have been infinitely better than that garbage.

I think this is the exact opposite. They just say what the Warriors did to them after a time out. (in all honesty, the 3:05 was actually back to back time outs by Toronto. When they came back to the game, they said they called another and went back to commercial).

Either way, Nurse was going to be killed for the time out(s) at three minutes and I think seeing what the warriors did to them AFTER a time out made him not want to allow the Warriors to prepare.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hey, I’m a bulls fan and a huge Phil Jackson fan, and we have all been to momentum coaching school like Steve Kerr (who also got it from Pop who is similar)

I get it, but I just think the dumb ass time out that probably gave Phil Jackson a stroke was still only one of about 20 key moments/plays/calls that decided the game.

They weren’t buried down 6 with 3 minutes left bro, though, speak accurately. They still had two of top 5 all-time 3 point shooters on floor and 5-10 possessions.

I was rooting GSW and at no point felt out of it, just that they had to hit a couple shots, which they did.