CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I think this is the exact opposite. They just say what the Warriors did to them after a time out. (in all honesty, the 3:05 was actually back to back time outs by Toronto. When they came back to the game, they said they called another and went back to commercial).

Either way, Nurse was going to be killed for the time out(s) at three minutes and I think seeing what the warriors did to them AFTER a time out made him not want to allow the Warriors to prepare.
That was the actual time in which to use the timeout. Nobody would have batted an eye with a timeout there.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I think this is the exact opposite. They just say what the Warriors did to them after a time out. (in all honesty, the 3:05 was actually back to back time outs by Toronto. When they came back to the game, they said they called another and went back to commercial).

Either way, Nurse was going to be killed for the time out(s) at three minutes and I think seeing what the warriors did to them AFTER a time out made him not want to allow the Warriors to prepare.
There were 74 things in that game last night that Phil and Popp hate.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Hey, I’m a bulls fan and a huge Phil Jackson fan, and we have all been to momentum coaching school like Steve Kerr (who also got it from Pop who is similar)

I get it, but I just think the dumb ass time out that probably gave Phil Jackson a stroke was still only one of about 20 key moments/plays/calls that decided the game.

They weren’t buried down 6 with 3 minutes left bro, though, speak accurately. They still had two of top 5 all-time 3 point shooters on floor and 5-10 possessions.

I was rooting GSW and at no point felt out of it, just that they had to hit a couple shots, which they did.

At that point they were dead. Toronto was red hot. Kawhi wasn't missing. They were dead. The Warriors looked like they didn't want to be there at that point. Toronto flat out let them back in the game with that timeout. Go back and watch from about 5 min to the 3 min mark. GSW had no interest at all. Look at their defense on those possessions, it was god-awful. They were dead tired and pretty much gone.

That timeout 100 percent let them back in the game, gave them second life and it backfired on Nurse. Idk if he thought his guys were tired or if he wanted to "have a moment and soak it all up" but I'm confident in saying TOR wins if they don't call that time out. Have to go foot on gas with GSW, you cant let them regroup and talk to Kerr at that moment. You just cant.

Reactions: BNB

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Nick Nurse is so happy more people are talking about an achilles than him today.

Weren't you high on Nurse? I remember someone singing his praises on here before Hoiberg. This isn't a knock or anything as he would have been a way better hire than Hoiberg or Boylen.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Weren't you high on Nurse? I remember someone singing his praises on here before Hoiberg. This isn't a knock or anything as he would have been a way better hire than Hoiberg or Boylen.
It was not me, but it was Crystallas. I honestly did not know the name Nick Nurse prior to being a member here. I'd be lying if I said I didn't think it would be another David Blatt situation.

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
Reminder that a 2 time FMVP and DPOY was traded for George Hill.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Hell yeah Toronto!

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Before Thibs, but yeah. He was the HC of the Energy when they were a Bulls direct affiliate, and I was stumped that he wasn't brought into the NBA as as assistant. Dat Randy Brown Loyalty tho.

Anyways, that ship sailed. Grats Raps.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Klay tore his ACL, guess we'll have a new team out west in the Finals next year.

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
Whats crazy is he would have played with a torn ACL if it was left to him.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
RIP the Warriors. I know everyone was sick of them winning, but that's a miserable way to go down. Losing 2 of your best players to serious injury and a role player playing with a literal broken chest.

None of that takes away from the Raptors though, they played amazing in the series and it was a true team effort. They deserve it.

Also let it be known that Jeremy Lin won a championship before Westbrook, Lillard, CP3, Harden, and his former teammate Melo

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Klay tore his ACL, guess we'll have a new team out west in the Finals next year.

Klay should be back in time for a playoff run. Kobe returned from his Achilles in 240 days. What a way to end it with Mr Basketball IQ calling a time out and getting a technical.

Still glad it is over. We would have never heard the end of this if the warriors found a way to win this thing.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Klay should be back in time for a playoff run. Kobe returned from his Achilles in 240 days. What a way to end it with Mr Basketball IQ calling a time out and getting a technical.

Still glad it is over. We would have never heard the end of this if the warriors found a way to win this thing.

I thought the Warriors were smarter than they appartently are.

Go back and watch the last 40 seconds of the third quarter. The Warriors are up four and control the 2 for 1. San Antonio would never ever miss an opportunity to take a 2 for 1...

instead they take a completely jackass rushed shot at 34 seconds, get dunked on, and let Toronto erase the lead.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I thought the Warriors were smarter than they appartently are.

Go back and watch the last 40 seconds of the third quarter. The Warriors are up four and control the 2 for 1. San Antonio would never ever miss an opportunity to take a 2 for 1...

instead they take a completely jackass rushed shot at 34 seconds, get dunked on, and let Toronto erase the lead.
all Curry wants to do is stick out his ass, leg, arm, hip, and get fouled instead of concentrating on the 3 points. They had Cousins mismatch against anyone out there and he kept passing the ball. That foul on Lowry who got plowed over was a terrible call, just like not being able to go back and take the 2 points off the board from the offensive goal tending from Green. Not to mention, giving both teams an extra long time out while they do go to look at a simple call they got right and just plain did not matter with 8 tenths of a second left.

I really dont know what they need to do, double up on the refs so they dont have to run up and down the court, start calling travelling when Curry trips himself and goes to the floor. They looked at the crap they did not have to look at.

I say, senior official at the scorers table handling all the replay calls, like INSTANTLY. Yes, no, play on. This is getting as bad as hockey linesmen trowing guys out of the faceoff.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

Klay won't magically return to form for the playoffs. An ACL takes a full year to fully recover from you can come back sooner but won't be yourself for awhile. Unless klay has some of the Adrian Peterson DNA.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Klay won't magically return to form for the playoffs. An ACL takes a full year to fully recover from you can come back sooner but won't be yourself for awhile. Unless klay has some of the Adrian Peterson DNA.
That’s called hgh scoot

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
LeBron is kicking himself for leaving the East now.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well it will certainly be worth noting if Klay forces his way back on the court, as he has been an example of a true warrior.

Just for the Derrick Rose huggers...if Klay were to force his way back despite warnings...it shows you two different types of competitors trying to feed their grand kids, and the Warriors stepping up and offering max to players that gave their body to them shows a different type of franchise from the one that makes their star players scared to play...a mentality that leads to them and their agent collecting checks as primary goal.

And for the Cutler fanboys...how about Klay coming back with a torn ACL and hitting clutch 3's, as opposed to walking out of the only playoff game you ever play in with a low grade strained MCL

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
The bandwagonning in Vancouver last night lasted all of 20 minutes. About as long as they supported the Grizzlies.