Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
LeBron is kicking himself for leaving the East now.
I'm not sure the Cavs get the Finals, even with LeBron. They almost lost to an Irvingless Celtics last year. I don't think they get past Philly, Milwaukee, or Toronto.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Warriors didn't need Durant actually, contrary to popular opinion.

A healthy Klay Thompson would have forced a game 7, imo. A healthy Iguadala

Its actually the addition of Durants contract that made them so thin on the bench those guys carried too great a load during the season and they couldn't finish.

Without Durant they could have 3 more fortifying players of decent quality to support the still dangerous big 3 trio.

With Iggy and Livingston declining they were left extremely extremely thin. That roster should be able to re-boot, Klay is the type of man that will come back easy from his injury.

Its fucked up but the end result of the Toronto Green/Kwahi/Gasol deals is it will leave Toronto decimated and not a threat. The Lakers will fail at being a threat. The Rockets are blowing themselves up. And if Butler leaves Philly I don't think they have enough either.

So Durant/Thompson sign together, rehab together, and Curry will throw down an MVP type season, willing GSW to 50 wins single handedly scoring 30ppg on the season, etc.

If they actually keep their big 4, and get the right rebounders to support Green as he starts declining (his overall effeciency as a basketball player has been steady even if you can see athletic decline creeping up)

so...

What super team has a shot at them if Durant is 85%, and Thompson returns to 95%? Shooters just get better at shooting with age, which is really fucking scary to think of. If Durant was going to leave, but now he stays?

Fuck...that injury just signed us up for 5 more years of the NBA held hostage.

It will take something like Lebron/Paul/Davis/Reddick...(if the Lakers don't address 3-point shooting they won't get anywhere.

For those that watched game 6....

Sure you can steal a game if you shoot 40% from 3 while launching 30, and the Warriors have an off night with Durant and Thompson on the bench. Then you can win by a single bucket.

What Lowry/Kawhi/Siakam did that night was truly special. I've been a fan of Lowry since Villanova where he should have won a championship...

Watching Lowry actually taught me how to steal steal steal...just pick pocket people in street games left and right. Watch the way he low points steals at the bounce point sometime, then go try that in the park. My brother got stripped 3 times and said "wtf" and walked off the court and never played me again.

Kyle Lowry ladies and gentleman. Go watch his Villanova tape...they were the best team in the country that year and got nipped in the tourney upset game, but the regular season they had was elite.

But the sheer number of 3 pointers those 3 hit in that game just to barely edge out a broken GSW with no bench due to payroll...

Jesus...

Curry is still undervalued in the grand scheme of bball world. I say he "broke basketball"...he changed the way the game is played and officiated, just like Lebron, Jordan, Wilt...

The guy is a top 10 player of all time and that list is fucking unbelievable to crack, but I firmly believe he has done it. I finals win and mvp this year with only Draymond left would have sealed it, but it took absolute greatness to bring him down. The Raptors played one hell of a fucking game to barely do it. One hell of a fucking game.

But the rebounding edge they had is what made it possible. Thats why I always said...don't go small on Golden State. Don't try to match 3 top 5 shooters of all time with small ball...

They got beat by very very long tweeners and bigs who could also shoot 3's, and happened to have a very good night doing so, plus Lowry went ballistic.

But Lowry has always played clutch at a championship level, and Kawhi had already done it.

Great conclusion to a great NBA season.