Nbadraft.net have Bulls selecting Byron Mullens!

JimmyBulls

Liked Posts:
Re:Nbadraft.net have Bulls selecting Byron Mullens

Andrew Bynum, even though he was a kid drafted out of high school.

The kid was a freshman and didn't play alot. It's kinda hard to show talent when your coach plattoons you with Dallas Lauderdale.

I by no means think B.J Mullens is a can't miss prospect, but there are no can't miss prospects that will be available at 16. All the prospect are guys with developmental flaws in their games. So, do you take a shot at a none shooting two guard that will likely not be anything in the league. Do you take a shot at a rail thin small forward who will most likely be nothing in the league. Do you take a shot at a undersized, overweight, 22 year old power forward that will likely become nothing in the league. I think it becomes a no bainer to take the athletic 7 footer with questionmarks, but could take a couple years to develop(if he ever develops). He don't have to be supremely skilled to be a asset to a team. The only thing the kid have to do is run hard, present himself, and dunk. If the kid works on his strength there is no reason why he shouldn't be the steal of the draft.

Ralphb07

Liked Posts:

JimmyBulls wrote:

The kid was a freshman and didn't play alot. It's kinda hard to show talent when your coach plattoons you with Dallas Lauderdale.

I by no means think B.J Mullens is a can't miss prospect, but there are no can't miss prospects that will be available at 16. All the prospect are guys with developmental flaws in their games. So, do you take a shot at a none shooting two guard that will likely not be anything in the league. Do you take a shot at a rail thin small forward who will most likely be nothing in the league. Do you take a shot at a undersized, overweight, 22 year old power forward that will likely become nothing in the league. I think it becomes a no bainer to take the 7 footer with questionmarks but would take a couple years to develop(if he ever develops). He don't have to be supremely skill to be a asset to a team. The only thing the kid have to do is run hard, present himself, and dunk. If the kid works on his strength there is no reason he shouldn't be the steal of the draft.

I would like to know who's the SG that will be nothing, the skinny SF and the overweight 22 yr old is?

If you're talking about Williams, Daye and Blair or Johnson all have good upside and have the better % as being better players than Mullens

JimmyBulls

Liked Posts:

Ralphb07 wrote:
JimmyBulls wrote:

I by no means think B.J Mullens is a can't miss prospect, but there are no can't miss prospects that will be available at 16. All the prospect are guys with developmental flaws in their games. So, do you take a shot at a none shooting two guard that will likely not be anything in the league. Do you take a shot at a rail thin small forward who will most likely be nothing in the league. Do you take a shot at a undersized, overweight, 22 year old power forward that will likely become nothing in the league. I think it becomes a no bainer to take the 7 footer with questionmarks but would take a couple years to develop(if he ever develops). He don't have to be supremely skill to be a asset to a team. The only thing the kid have to do is run hard, present himself, and dunk. If the kid works on his strength there is no reason he shouldn't be the steal of the draft.

I would like to know who's the SG that will be nothing, the skinny SF and the overweight 22 yr old is?

If you're talking about Williams, Daye and Blair or Johnson all have good upside and have the better % as being better players than Mullens

Williams, Daye, and Johnson. None of those guy are any more likely to have success in the league when compared to Mullens. All of the above named prospects have lots of work to do. Hell, you can throw Blair in that mix of players as well.

Ralphb07

Liked Posts:

JimmyBulls wrote:
Ralphb07 wrote:
JimmyBulls wrote:

Williams, Daye, and Johnson. None of those guy are any more likely to have success in the league when compared to Mullens. All of the above named prospects have lots of work to do. Hell, you can throw Blair in that mix of players as well.

All those guys have shown a hell of a lot more than Mullens has...

JimmyBulls

Liked Posts:

Why? Willams basicly struggled for 4 years of college basketball. Daye had two pretty underwelming seasons at the college level. Johnson is a guy that was a year or two older than most of the competition he played against. NTM, in the most important job interview in his basketball career, he checked in out of shape. Even if you throw Blair in the mix, he's a 6'6" 277 pound four with no jumpshot and lived off his ability to overpower guys on the college level.

I think it's safe to say there is not a can't miss prospect in the bunch.

OnePointSeven

Liked Posts:
Budinger at 11? That's just crazy talk.

I would have no problem taking Mullens. None. Sure, its a riskier pick than others, but if he turns out to be good we'll be amazing for years to come. Not too mention that we'll have something for Dwight Howard for years to come as well.

jsain360

Liked Posts:
JimmyBulls wrote:
I think Mullens is the logical choice. When you have so many flawed upperclassmen to choose from you should opt for the young 7 foot athletic kid. This idea they're guys that will come and help us right away is a myth. The only guys that would help right away are the point guards, and it really make no sense drafting one with Rose on the roster playing almost 40 minutes a game. Mullens might take a year or two to develop, but it's a risk and investment worth taking in a draft filled with fools gold.

The biggest fools gold in the draft would be Jordan Hill(bust), Dejuan Blair(Micheal Sweetney), Tyler Hansbrough(Mark Madsen), Terrence Williams(bust), I say lets trade the pick

JimmyBulls

Liked Posts:
jsain360 wrote:
JimmyBulls wrote:
I think Mullens is the logical choice. When you have so many flawed upperclassmen to choose from you should opt for the young 7 foot athletic kid. This idea they're guys that will come and help us right away is a myth. The only guys that would help right away are the point guards, and it really make no sense drafting one with Rose on the roster playing almost 40 minutes a game. Mullens might take a year or two to develop, but it's a risk and investment worth taking in a draft filled with fools gold.

The biggest fools gold in the draft would be Jordan Hill(bust), Dejuan Blair(Micheal Sweetney), Tyler Hansbrough(Mark Madsen), Terrence Williams(bust), I say lets trade the pick

Does that really make sense? You don't want to draft any of the prospects, but you want to package them to get Bosh or Amare. What makes you think the Suns of Raptors want three picks in this draft?

B1LLIONAIREKR3W

Liked Posts:
if we trade kirk. we better get a 1st round pick! or esle ima be mad because theres really nothing we can trade for just some bench warmers im tired of losseing :(

jsain360

Liked Posts:
JimmyBulls wrote:
jsain360 wrote:
JimmyBulls wrote:

Does that really make sense? You don't want to draft any of the prospects, but you want to package them to get Bosh or Amare. What makes you think the Suns of Raptors want three picks in this draft?

I said the Bulls should trade Kirk to t-wolves for the 6th pick, flip that 6th pick along w/ the 16th and Tyrus for Bosh or Amare, That way the Suns/Tor get Tyrus, 6th pick = Demar Derozen, both teams need a SG/SF, 16th = front court player, Suns have 14th pick = PG, Raptors 9th pick, they could take a front court player or another gaurd(Tor depth at guard is horrible and Anthony Parker is FA), this helps the Bulls get what they want and helps Suns or Raptors accumulate talent and fill holes