Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Asked my brother in law about Eddie Pineiro, because he is a diehard U of Florida fan. Grew up there, went to undergrad and med school at UF..and travels to a number of their games per year. Off the bat his response was "meh." Like he never even thought about the guy again since he left.. if he got drafted... etc. Because he said he kicked only 2 years and nothing ever mattered. The team was crappy.. playing from behind.. and its not like he had many clutch moments to prove anything. And the two times they needed it, he missed. One being an extra point. The other was a field goal to take the lead on a comeback or something, I cant remember. but he missed it. This opinion means very little of course.. but I was just kind of surprised he didnt think the kid was anything special. I was like.. "he went 17/18 his last year and 4th most accurate NCAA all time!" ?

So I guess we might have a pretty talented kid, with a strong leg (both good things). but never has proved himself yet in any big moments or of course the NFL. And unfortunately we may never know either until an intense kick in the playoffs presents itself.

Anyways... the kid may prove himself well.. but.. was hoping for better affirmation and praise when I asked a diehard UF fan. #TalkingaboutKickersTho

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Is he the answer? I don't think he's been handed the job yet. It seems most kickers coming out of college are generally a question mark.

NorcalBear

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Yes..... I know. But when i saw his stats I was a little hopeful .. just surprised a homer didnt even think twice about him being special. But I realize we are talking about kickers.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Asked my brother in law about Eddie Pineiro, because he is a diehard U of Florida fan. Grew up there, went to undergrad and med school at UF..and travels to a number of their games per year. Off the bat his response was "meh." Like he never even thought about the guy again since he left.. if he got drafted... etc. Because he said he kicked only 2 years and nothing ever mattered. The team was crappy.. playing from behind.. and its not like he had many clutch moments to prove anything. And the two times they needed it, he missed. One being an extra point. The other was a field goal to take the lead on a comeback or something, I cant remember. but he missed it. This opinion means very little of course.. but I was just kind of surprised he didnt think the kid was anything special. I was like.. "he went 17/18 his last year and 4th most accurate NCAA all time!" ?

So I guess we might have a pretty talented kid, with a strong leg (both good things). but never has proved himself yet in any big moments or of course the NFL. And unfortunately we may never know either until an intense kick in the playoffs presents itself.

Anyways... the kid may prove himself well.. but.. was hoping for better affirmation and praise when I asked a diehard UF fan. #TalkingaboutKickersTho
Well his coach said "he is the man."

The guy clearly has ethic and an inspiring view on life...for that reason I feel he is the fit for the guys Pace has been assembling.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wish I could get into this competition. Has there ever been a 6'6" kicker that played both soccer and rugby?

I can throw, catch, run a 4.5-4.6 at 40 years old, with long hair and a big beard. PLayed soccer for 19 years and just kicked for one. Was the designated penalty kicker in soccer since a child, and never missed a kick in a game, took over the team position as penalty kicker freshman year of high school. Even puberty couldn't stop my accuracy if my power dipped for a year. 6'6" with [relatively] small feet (size 12-13) is the secret. Leverage and touch.

Fuck.

Inside about 43-45 yards I only take one step due to my long legs, to shorten the time to ball. A little half step is all I need but gets iffy at about 45. Then the full 2.5

Last edited:

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Kicking is 99% mental and typically the player needs to bounce around a bit before they stick.

Wish him luck, but even with Parkey being gone the double-doink will still push a spotlight over whomever wins the competition. Every miss or even near miss will be scrutinized.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I watch all UF games and the opinion given to the OP is just false. He was an exceptional college kicker, not sure how he will do as a Bear, but he was a stud, as much as a kicker can be, at UF.

Oh and the extra point miss vs LSU was an a bad hold ( still spinning laces and pointed away from him at contact), so there is that.

The Big Grabowski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm excited about Pineiro. He's got the leg and the desire. I'm sure the Bears are not done looking for solutions, but he's the first viable solution we've seen during this process.

The situation reminds me a little of how we got Gould. Robbie had a solid preseason and could have won the job if the Pats didn't have a clutch vet there. When we brought him in, he immediately made us forget about the stretch of bad veteran kickers we went through. I still remember the tackle Gould made downfield in his first game. It was so obvious he was a Bear at that point.

Similarly, Pineiro would have made the Raiders last year if not for extenuating circumstances (injury). I look at his tape and the fire he plays with. I think he's going to fit right in with Nagy's culture. I'm looking forward to seeing him in the preseason.

Bort

Liked Posts:
Wish I could get into this competition. Has there ever been a 6'6" kicker that played both soccer and rugby?

I can throw, catch, run a 4.5-4.6 at 40 years old, with long hair and a big beard. PLayed soccer for 19 years and just kicked for one. Was the designated penalty kicker in soccer since a child, and never missed a kick in a game, took over the team position as penalty kicker freshman year of high school. Even puberty couldn't stop my accuracy if my power dipped for a year. 6'6" with small feet is the secret. Leverage and touch.

Fuck.

Inside about 43-45 yards I only take one step due to my long legs, to shorten the time to ball. A little half step is all I need but gets iffy at about 45. Then the full 2.5

What's going on with this post? Is this some meme I'm not aware of?

napo55

Liked Posts:

Is your B/I/L a Bears fan? Just wondering because those kinds of things often shape opinions.

Chicoman

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm thinking Pace wants to go with a surer bet and tries to trade Eddie and another asset (low pick, or player) to 49ers for Gould. may not work out, but 49ers and Lynch need some changes in that building. Franchising and then having a contract dispute with a kicker is just dumb.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Does your brother in law know how to spell his name?

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:

It's funny because I was just reading a GM ranking article with Pace at 15, with the big knock being his overall record and blowing the kicker situation since Gould.

"Having only ever known last place as a general manager, Ryan Pace embarked on a survival mode 2018 offseason, hiring John Fox’s polar opposite in Matt Nagy before splurging on Allen Robinson, Trey Burton and Taylor Gabriel in free agency. For the grand finale, Pace included a pair of first-round picks in a package for Oakland’s Khalil Mack. The moves had the desired effect, sending the Bears to the playoffs for the first time in eight years. Nagy won Coach of the Year honors, while Mack was a DPOY contender. The good feelings came to an abrupt halt thanks to an earlier Pace mistake, his 2016 release of Robbie Gould. As Gould remained one of the league’s best kickers, Pace made Cody Parkey one of the most overpaid. In the wake of Parkey’s walkoff shank in the Wild Card Round was a reality check.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I watch all UF games and the opinion given to the OP is just false. He was an exceptional college kicker, not sure how he will do as a Bear, but he was a stud, as much as a kicker can be, at UF.

Oh and the extra point miss vs LSU was an a bad hold ( still spinning laces and pointed away from him at contact), so there is that.
You can find that hold on Youtube. That hold had the ball falling forward when he kicked it. It was off the holders fingers.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm thinking Pace wants to go with a surer bet and tries to trade Eddie and another asset (low pick, or player) to 49ers for Gould. may not work out, but 49ers and Lynch need some changes in that building. Franchising and then having a contract dispute with a kicker is just dumb.
I like the outside the box thinking, it would be a "fleecing" of Oakland yet again too. I would laugh so hard, if we trade him then we don't even pay for him per the rules of the trade...he has to be active 5 games...(does that apply to other teams active rosters?)

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
The Bears current options at kicker are not great. I pretty much believe that whoever wins the kicking competition will likely struggle for the Bears over the next year. I hope I eat crow on this, but I don't envision signing a bunch of scrubs and just hoping you can find the needle in the haystack being a great solution.

Gaucho

Liked Posts:

I can throw, catch, run a 4.5-4.6 at 40 years old, with long hair and a big beard. PLayed soccer for 19 years and just kicked for one. Was the designated penalty kicker in soccer since a child, and never missed a kick in a game, took over the team position as penalty kicker freshman year of high school. Even puberty couldn't stop my accuracy if my power dipped for a year. 6'6" with small feet is the secret. Leverage and touch.

Fuck.

Stop. Just stop....

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
The Bears current options at kicker are not great. I pretty much believe that whoever wins the kicking competition will likely struggle for the Bears over the next year. I hope I eat crow on this, but I don't envision signing a bunch of scrubs and just hoping you can find the needle in the haystack being a great solution.
Eddy may suck, but he was a great college kicker and what was Gould before becoming the Bears kicker, a twice cut UDFA working construction.