NFC Playoff Race

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigP50

04-21-2012
Liked Posts:
here is a post from a reasonable outside source, Patriots fan.

I've been here all week arguing and talking football, what a great fight you guys put up, the most injured team in the NFL and you came into our house and just about beat us. We are lucky to win that one. What sticks out:

1. You meant business. You blasted out of the gate and punched us in the mouth with the onside kick and that set the tone: GB isn't about to roll over and die, they are here to win.

2. Flynn played great. He played better than most of the QBs the Pats have faced this year in terms of accuracy and poise. Yes, he's rough around the edges needs a little coaching, but he will be a first-string QB in this league. No doubt.

3. Everyone in the world was assuming another Patriots blowout. No way. Nobody was giving GB the respect they deserve. When you are 100 percent healthy, you will be a wrecking crew.

4. They executed a great game plan against the Patriots offense: take away the pocket from Brady and also take away his obvious targets. He took a pounding tonight by your nose tackle (Raj or something was his name?).

5. You have some crazy-ass amazing fans. It sounded almost as loud when Brady had the ball as when Flynn had the ball! I have to give you props for having the best fans in football. Patriots fans tend to be spoiled or bandwagon fans. The way you came in today showed the heart of the real fan beats in Green Bay. I have always liked the Packers, and they are one of the teams I root for when they aren't playing the Patriots, and this reminds me why.

I almost had to come eat crow, I guess I'm here to eat a wing and say I totally underestimated your team, I have no idea how they are behind the Bears in the standings frankly. Good luck in the rest of the season, you deserve to be in the playoffs.

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
do u watch football?
Yes I do, but w/ your posts in the Brayton thread, I question if you even understand what's going on. Are you trying to say that the Packers have a running game and that they're gonna make the playoffs?

BigP50

04-21-2012
Liked Posts:
Yes I do, but w/ your posts in the Brayton thread, I question if you even understand what's going on. Are you trying to say that the Packers have a running game and that they're gonna make the playoffs?

They are gonna make the playoffs, look at the schedule! I dont care about the division title, do I want them to win it? duh? Is the wild card just as good. yes.

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bears win tomorrow to clinch. If Rodgers dont play next week Giants win and kiss the Packs goodbye.

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
They are gonna make the playoffs, look at the schedule! I dont care about the division title, do I want them to win it? duh? Is the wild card just as good. yes.
Unless the Saints and Giants completely collapse, the Packers will be on the outside looking in. The Pack may be playing at home for their last 2 games, but the Giants pass rush will feast on the Packers below average O-Line. If the Bears beat the Vikings and clinch the division, their best chance is if the Bears rest their starters instead of battling for a better seed. The Bears could get the 1st seed if the Falcons lose out and the Bears win out :bearbang:

BigP50

04-21-2012
Liked Posts:
Rodgers should be fine, I even heard a report that he got the nod to go tonight from doctors if he was up for it. Plus that G-Men loss must have killed there momentum.

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bears still in driver seat for first RD bye. i dont see it happening but they tie PHI at end of year we get BYE cause of head to head

BigP50

04-21-2012
Liked Posts:
Unless the Saints and Giants completely collapse, the Packers will be on the outside looking in. The Pack may be playing at home for their last 2 games, but the Giants pass rush will feast on the Packers below average O-Line. If the Bears beat the Vikings and clinch the division, their best chance is if the Bears rest their starters instead of battling for a better seed. The Bears could get the 1st seed if the Falcons lose out and the Bears win out :bearbang:

Saints already have a spot (In realist terms). It really is between the Packers and Giants. They have a head to head match up next week. The Pack and Giants would have the same record going into the final week. If the Bears beat the Vikings they might rest starters and no reason to believe we wont beat a Bears team that is resting players at Green Bay.

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
Rodgers should be fine, I even heard a report that he got the nod to go tonight from doctors if he was up for it. Plus that G-Men loss must have killed there momentum.
The wind was really taken out of their sails, but I see the Giants out for revenge and they will take it out in the Packers. I see it being really close but the Giants will win w/ their running game and defense. Unless the Packers can spontaneously create a solid running game, their pass happy offense won't work against the Giants.

BigP50

04-21-2012
Liked Posts:
Aaron Rodgers to Jennings, Driver, Jones, Nelson is responsible for most of their wins. Brandon Jackson and KUHHHHHHHHHHN are not bad. The Packers know what is on the line.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Aaron Rodgers to Jennings, Driver, Jones, Nelson is responsible for most of their wins. Brandon Jackson and KUHHHHHHHHHHN are not bad. The Packers know what is on the line.

You make me sick. :)

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Once again tell me what part of that isn't true then get back to me!

homer+kool+aid.jpg

BigP50

04-21-2012
Liked Posts:
Bears fan talking about Kool Aid, I love it!

Rush

Fuck it, Go Deep
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Bears fan talking about Kool Aid, I love it!

You're on a 2 game skid right now at the most important part of the season. Way to drop one to Detroit.
:bowrofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.