NFL.com, 5/16 have Bears winning division, 1/16 Super Bowl

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Elliot Harrison. Bears over Packers in NFCC and Bears over Texans in SB. Cutler as MVP.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
What I wouldn't give for this scenario to play out.

I picked Bears-Eagles and Texans-Ravens for the Conference Championship games. Bears Texans would be a great Superbowl.

Alpha

CBMB Legend
Donator
Liked Posts:
Damn, the Bears are doom now that the talking heads are high on them.

Edit: Why does everyone that donates has a donator bar and not me?

Gerard

2012 European Champions
Liked Posts:
I liked it better when we were the underdogs

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Damn, the Bears are doom now that the talking heads are high on them.

Edit: Why does everyone that donates has a donator bar and not me?

PM Rush

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
I don't think it makes a difference.

Seems to make a difference to the Bears. The record is usually better years that nobody expects them to do anything good since Lovie's reign.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Seems to make a difference to the Bears. The record is usually better years that nobody expects them to do anything good since Lovie's reign.

Somewhat. But the best year the Bears have had under Lovie, 2006, was a year where they came off a playoff appearance and were generally favored to be a contender. I agree with IJPH, don't think it really matters much in practical terms.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers

Not really. No one expected them to do much in 08 or 09, and they didn't. People expected them to be good in 06, and they were. In 07 & 11, they were torn apart by injuries, had nothing to do with being in the spotlight.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Not really. No one expected them to do much in 08 or 09, and they didn't. People expected them to be good in 06, and they were. In 07 & 11, they were torn apart by injuries, had nothing to do with being in the spotlight.

Did you not see the massive amounts of 4-6 win expectations of fans and media in 08? That team was ripped as something going to be brutal but they were a wining record team and would of been in the playoffs if they had won 1 more game.

People were predicting a super bowl with Cutler in 09. Peter King did, and plenty of Chicago media guys were saying it would make them a contender that year... and they failed.

About the only year it worked well was 06.. but even then people kept saying, they can't really do it all year and be a playoff team with Grossman

DaBearsrule4ever

Liked Posts:
I would winning the Super Bowl would be priceless because I would love to see the look on the faces of the haters, especially the Cutler haters.

BringBackDitka54

Liked Posts:
What I wouldn't give for this scenario to play out.

This could be a thread topic on its own. "What would you give for the Bears to trump Packers in NFCC, then beat the Texans in the Super Bowl, and top it off with Cutler as the MVP"
If I had to answer seriously, I think I'd give my entire left arm.

1COBearsfan

Equinsu ocha
Donator
Liked Posts:
This could be a thread topic on its own. "What would you give for the Bears to trump Packers in NFCC, then beat the Texans in the Super Bowl, and top it off with Cutler as the MVP"
If I had to answer seriously, I think I'd give my entire left arm.

See my post above. I can't give an arm cuz I fix cars for a living, arms are important for that. However, I don't really need the small amount of dignity I have left to work on cars

And, if that scenario plays out... The Bears will have won the damned super bowl! I don't give a shit!

Last edited: