NFL.com's Top contenders for ROY honors

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...l-rookies-in-best-position-for-year-1-success
5) David Montgomery, RB, Chicago Bears: We're riding the Montgomery hype train with colleague/conductor Adam Rank. This former Cyclone breaks tackles with the best of 'em and has one of the league's better offensive lines in front of him. As long as Matt Nagy is willing to lean on him, he's going to do work.
It sure seems that the national media is more excited about Montgomery than CCS is.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...l-rookies-in-best-position-for-year-1-success
It sure seems that the national media is more excited about Montgomery than CCS is.

Let me guess, one or two posters bashed Montgomery and you are really pissed and will start a thread everytime he takes a successful dump for the next year?

J/K

That's great that he is getting national recognition, he will be a popular guy in FF. I had the feeling last season Nagy wanted to run more, he just hated being predictable when Howard was in. I think Nagy was a little to obsessed with Howard's lack of receiving skills, JH was not that bad last season, unless it was bad pass blocking that had Nagy worried about him.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I want whatever Dan Parr is smoking, no one in the entire league is scared of facing the Bears o-line.

When healthy, OL is average at best. 2015 was the time the Bears sent an OL to the pro bowl. I keep hearing about how Montgomery had no college OL, so average might be an upgrade.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I want whatever Dan Parr is smoking, no one in the entire league is scared of facing the Bears o-line.
I was told Trubs one read an run was because ya o line sucked? Now, dey da best?

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Let me guess, one or two posters bashed Montgomery and you are really pissed and will start a thread everytime he takes a successful dump for the next year?

J/K

That's great that he is getting national recognition, he will be a popular guy in FF. I had the feeling last season Nagy wanted to run more, he just hated being predictable when Howard was in. I think Nagy was a little to obsessed with Howard's lack of receiving skills, JH was not that bad last season, unless it was bad pass blocking that had Nagy worried about him.

50% of posters here bashed Montgomery.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
I think he will do a lot for us, but he's not going to get enough touches to contend for ROY. Not in this offense...

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

There was some bashing going on, but I think alot of people were bashing the trade up for Montgomery in a draft where we had limited picks as opposed to bashing the player. I could be way off base though. Personally, I don't love the Montgomery pick, but I also can't say I hate it. I reckon PaceNagy knows what he wants in a back so I'll take his word for it until I see the product on the field.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

I didn't see that, I wish I had, there is a ton of game video on him, and he looks pretty good. I guess some guys might not like the 4.7 YPC in college, or like HB pointed out above, it was more about the move than the player.

I had to look this up, the OROY started in 19 67, since that time the bears have had one, the A-Train back in 2001. One in over 50 years, I think the Bears are due.

Last edited:

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Seems like some people felt that too many posters were bashing the David Montgomery pick. Others like myself thought this pick brought out a great deal of over the top euphoric optimism. We all hope for a good result. Are we now doing an analysis of our analysis of this draft pick?

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
LOL at "one of the league's better offensive line"

The line was offensive to say the least

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I think he will do a lot for us, but he's not going to get enough touches to contend for ROY. Not in this offense...

I think he will.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
So we care what National Media thinks now? When they dump on Trubs they suck bit when they praise Montgomery they are the shit.

Here is the easiest way to resolve this. Let's watch him play and she how he performs.

Bort

Liked Posts:

I was actually thinking the exact opposite, that he would be a good bet for ROY because he'll be on the field a lot. There's no reason Cohen and Montgomery can't be on the field at the same time, especially since Nagy likes to motion Cohen a lot and he runs routes so well as a receiver.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
I had to look this up, the OROY started in 19 67, since that time the bears have had one, the A-Train back in 2001. One in over 50 years, I think the Bears are due.

Howard's rookie year was pretty impressive, but he lost out on the OROY because Dak Prescott came from nowhere and "peaked" and Ezekiel Elliot had a monster year. If Montgomery puts up numbers that are anywhere near 1300+ rushing yards 5.2 YPC and 10+ yards per reception, I'll be very happy regardless of OROY stuff.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Rookie of the year often comes down to touches.

Montgomery should get a lot of touches.