Tuppence a bag?

KennyH

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Typical NFL though, initially you can only buy a ticket as a two game season ticket, so the Bears game ticket will be available but you also have to buy Panthers v Bucs as well for the week after. So basically it would be like buying a ticket for a Bears game at Soldier field but the NFL insisting you also have to buy a Colts ticket!! :rolleyes:

As the Bears Raiders game will probably sell out before single tickets are made available most fans will have to buy that other ticket and hope to sell on the resale market.

Any Bears season ticket holders on here know if you will be given the chance to buy a London ticket directly??

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Single tickets from £55 to £125
That is not a bad price. I would go to more games here across the pond if I could get them at that rate off of stubhub or the like.

Flinty1975

U.K. bear
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
That is not a bad price. I would go to more games here across the pond if I could get them at that rate off of stubhub or the like.
Yeah it’s a great price but to be sure I get the bears game I’m going to purchase the other game too a two ticket season ticket ?
The price £190 then I will sell the other game ticket

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I have a flag I had made British beats with salute to service emblem and a poppy for our service men and woman and of course the bear head in middle

So people have the same bizarre association between the NFL and the military in the UK?

Flinty1975

U.K. bear
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
So people have the same bizarre association between the NFL and the military in the UK?
The poppy was meant as a nice gesture as it is in the Union Jack after all

Flinty1975

U.K. bear
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
On*

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The poppy was meant as a nice gesture as it is in the Union Jack after all

No, I get it. Still, it is a strange association. Why not an emblem for firefighters? Or police officers? Or doctors?

Flinty1975

U.K. bear
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
No, I get it. Still, it is a strange association. Why not an emblem for firefighters? Or police officers? Or doctors?
Our military at times work side by side so it kind of fitted into that thought process when designing the flag ??

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
well, I should hope so

still strange to associate the military with the NFL

KennyH

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
well, I should hope so

still strange to associate the military with the NFL

I don't think it's really a thing in the UK, certainly not compared to the association you see with sporting events and the military in the US. A few soccer clubs have remembrance day events , but for the most part, we don't have national anthems at club games, military bands, flyovers, or returning service men etc.

Over recent years the British Govt have certainly tried to promote the same sort of reverence to returning servicemen that you commonly see in the US but I don't think it sits as well with the public here. I think people in the UK are generally more cynical about our military adventures overseas realising that, for the most part, they are usually a product of self interest.

But don't want to derail this into a right and wrong about whether the military should be celebrated - just wanted to say that it isn't such a big thing here and will be more down to personal choice - Flinty clearly want so to celebrate the closeness between the US and UK and his flag is well intentioned and reflects that.

Now, c'mon, does anyone want to buy a Panthers Bucs ticket, there's at least a couple going cheap???? :D

Last edited:

Flinty1975

U.K. bear
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I don't think it's really a thing in the UK, certainly not compared to the association you see with sporting events and the military in the US. A few soccer clubs have remembrance day events , but for the most part, we don't have national anthems at club games, military bands, flyovers, or returning service men etc.

Over recent years the British Govt have certainly tried to promote the same sort of reverence to returning servicemen that you commonly see in the US but I don't think it sits as well with the public here. I think people in the UK are generally more cynical about our military adventures overseas realising that, for the most part, they are usually a product of self interest.

But don't want to derail this into a right and wrong about whether the military should be celebrated - just wanted to say that it isn't such a big thing here and will be more down to personal choice - Flinty clearly want so to celebrate the closeness between the US and UK and his flag is well intentioned and reflects that.

Now, c'mon, does anyone want to buy a Panthers Bucs ticket, there's at least a couple going cheap???? :D
Well put kenny !
I too will have a spare panthers ticket ?