NHL Playoffs thread

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Kinda hoping for 2 sweeps tonight. Tampa because you just can't pay for that kind of heartache. Then Pens because I like watching both people and animals suffer--and Pens fans are both.

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
Ovie destroyed that kid last night. Announcers were going crazy over it.

Pierre was crying and the Carolina guy was complaining Ovie hit the kid on the way down and bounced his head off the ice.

Um, Ovie is a grown ass man built like a train and the kid challenged him. Svech needs to pick his spots better, js.

Hoping the Pens get swept tonight so we can see if Sid actually goes to the handshake line.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
Pierre was crying and the Carolina guy was complaining Ovie hit the kid on the way down and bounced his head off the ice.

He was in a lose-lose situation. Beat up the kid, people ask "How could you do that?". Try to avoid the fight, then people praise the kid for standing up to Ovechkin. I read BrindAmour's comments after the game....he was really trying to defend his guy, but it was somewhat nonsensical. The kid wanted to fight, Ovechkin obliged. End of story, IMO.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ovechkin is built like a brickhouse. Svech is an idiot for even considering that scrap. They are the same height but Ovie has 50 lbs on him. Stupid to engage in that situation and now the Canes #2 overall pick could miss some time.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Has a 1 seed ever been completely destroyed by a 8 seed like this?

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Has a 1 seed ever been completely destroyed by a 8 seed like this?
Sure...but this was supposed to be a dynastic record breaking one seed

I would not count them out...

But Panarin+Atkinson+Duchine+Bobrovky is just a dangerous fucking core.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Ovechkin is built like a brickhouse. Svech is an idiot for even considering that scrap. They are the same height but Ovie has 50 lbs on him. Stupid to engage in that situation and now the Canes #2 overall pick could miss some time.
I was surprised Svech fought Ovi; not a very good idea on his part

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
BREADMAN WITH THR FUCKING DAGGER. SUCK IT Tampa

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Have fun on the golf course ya stupid fuckin Bolts!!!
Raaawwwrrr!!!!

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lol. What a night.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yes. Nasheville did this to us 2 years ago.

iu

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
Glad the Islanders finished off the Penguins. Interesting game because the Penguins scored immediately and the broadcast kept bringing up the Penguins good record in elimination games. Unfortunately, the Penguins gave up a 2-on-1 for reasons unknown (which they did throughout the series) and the Islanders tied the game early in the 1st period.

On the radio this morning David Haugh said something like "Sidney Crosby out in the 1st round...you never know what's going to happen in the NHL playoffs!". I thought the Islanders were clearly better, and going in to the series it was a bad matchup for the Penguins with the way the Islanders play defense and forecheck. Crosby didn't do much of anything in 4 games.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Glad the Islanders finished off the Penguins. Interesting game because the Penguins scored immediately and the broadcast kept bringing up the Penguins good record in elimination games. Unfortunately, the Penguins gave up a 2-on-1 for reasons unknown (which they did throughout the series) and the Islanders tied the game early in the 1st period.

On the radio this morning David Haugh said something like "Sidney Crosby out in the 1st round...you never know what's going to happen in the NHL playoffs!". I thought the Islanders were clearly better, and going in to the series it was a bad matchup for the Penguins with the way the Islanders play defense and forecheck. Crosby didn't do much of anything in 4 games.

Jordan Eberle looks reborn.

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:

The Islanders were better in the regular season, too.

What hit the Hawks two years ago just hit the Pens. They got slow. They made a few stupid trades and signing Jack Johnson who is washed up is like signing a worse Seabrook.

But fear not, I'm sure when the french kid comes out in the draft the Pens will magically win the lottery.