NHL Playoffs thread

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
All I hear is defending the fact they kept playing when the goalie was down in the fetal position. Last one said since his mask was not knocked off they were right in keeping the game going. I have heard some quick whistles when goalies are just slightly stunned, he seemed to be knocked cold.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
All I hear is defending the fact they kept playing when the goalie was down in the fetal position. Last one said since his mask was not knocked off they were right in keeping the game going. I have heard some quick whistles when goalies are just slightly stunned, he seemed to be knocked cold.

Yeah, there was a fairly large amount of time elapsed between Bishop going down and the puck being cycled back for a slap shot over the goalie's prone body. The refs could have easily blown the whistle, but they chose not to, which is odd considering how other plays are blown dead.

Its funny how one of the biggest POS players in NHL history, Craig Berube, is the Blues coach. Appropriate. Good postgame comments from him, too.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I've had a really hard time even watching this year, can't really get behind any team except maybe Carolina because I miss TT... But other than that fuck the Blue Jackets, fuck Colorada, Fuck the sharks, fuck the broons, Fuck the blows, fuck any of the other shit teams I'm missing, and fuck canadia, yeah I said it.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I've had a really hard time even watching this year, can't really get behind any team except maybe Carolina because I miss TT... But other than that fuck the Blue Jackets, fuck Colorada, Fuck the sharks, fuck the broons, Fuck the blows, fuck any of the other shit teams I'm missing, and fuck canadia, yeah I said it.

iu

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
This is going to be a quick ECF.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Canes defeated a clearly washed up over partying bunch of egotistical assholes which is why they flamed out in the first round for a decade in the first place.

Then they were able to surprise an undeserving Islanders team who dismantled a Penguins team that was broke back mountain on the back end.

The Bruins are 2 time cup champions who retooled 3 years ago and clearly have an elite squad across 4 lines, 3 pairs and a goaltender.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Go Sharks!
After winning ONE series, Blues fans were asking me if I remember what playoff hockey is. WTF?
That's like Washington Generals fans getting cocky.

Yes, I remember. Playoff runs tend to be memorable when they're SUCCESSFUL!

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If the tea leaves have Backes vanquishing the Blues and taking the trophy from blue clutched fingers on St. Louis ice...

I guess I can live with that.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Joe Thornton ladies and gentlemen. One of the greatest players in the league not to win a cup...

I am rooting for him.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
What in the actual Fuck! That just lost me a 4 grand parlay. Mother Fucker!

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I am sorry if someone lost money, but I am thrilled the Blues lost.

I am just not happy that it was due to a bad call, as the refs will make that up by calling 20 penalties on SJ on Friday. And either way, if the Blues don't win the Cup, Blues fans will determine that that call, and that alone, prevented it from happening.

They won't mention huge PP advantages in other games, or a double OT home in in which the opponent got zero PP's

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:

I am just not happy that it was due to a bad call, as the refs will make that up by calling 20 penalties on SJ on Friday. And either way, if the Blues don't win the Cup, Blues fans will determine that that call, and that alone, prevented it from happening.

They won't mention huge PP advantages in other games, or a double OT home in in which the opponent got zero PP's
Not for my first bad beat and I got over it but fuck da refs! I have no skin on Hockey rivals. I love the Cubs and they cost me another parlay. Been a rough night. Ill shake back. lol

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I will say how is that not reviewable? Please fill me in Hockey fans.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions

FYI: The NHL fans I live around are Flyer fans so they don't really give a shit about SJ, but we all are starting to despise the bad calls they are getting in critical moments.

The refs don't see the hit on Pavelski but DO see all the blood therefore 5 minute major against Vegas.

That ref crew gets benched for the next round and now no ref happens to SEE the hand pass vs. STL?

I am not saying Vegas shouldn't have killed the SJ penalty anyway and STL didn't have opportunities to win before the hand pass and take the game out of the hands of the refs.

I guess I am saying that if this was the NFL, there would be national headlines in the world of sports about the officiating in the playoffs.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
FYI: The NHL fans I live around are Flyer fans so they don't really give a shit about SJ, but we all are starting to despise the bad calls they are getting in critical moments.

The refs don't see the hit on Pavelski but DO see all the blood therefore 5 minute major against Vegas.

That ref crew gets benched for the next round and now no ref happens to SEE the hand pass vs. STL?

I am not saying Vegas shouldn't have killed the SJ penalty anyway and STL didn't have opportunities to win before the hand pass and take the game out of the hands of the refs.

I guess I am saying that if this was the NFL, there would be national headlines in the world of sports about the officiating in the playoffs.

They talked about it all night on ESPN.

San Jose has gotten breaks, and now the NHL will make up for it, and my fear is that the Blues, whose fans always whine about the world being against them, will waltz into the finals.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
They talked about it all night on ESPN.

San Jose has gotten breaks, and now the NHL will make up for it, and my fear is that the Blues, whose fans always whine about the world being against them, will waltz into the finals.

They don't look quite like a cup winning team, I would relax. Little chance they escape this round help or not, the Sharks just have more weapons.

If they stay alive somehow...I'd take the Bruins against them 5:1