NHL Playoffs thread

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
What a win by the Sharks. They are still piece of shits but that was pretty amazing.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I had Vegas and CBJ in the Cup. With Vegas out I like SJ, but think I will pick Col. There team speed is out of this world, and think they will beat Dallas and give SJ a run for their money.

My son was pissed aboot Toronto, and then chirped me when I laughed they were out.

Hope Canes pull it out tonight. Would be nice to see the Caps out.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Damn looks like a missed hell of a game damn late games

Why am I always happy when a Canadian team gets eliminated lol

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
The Leafs and Loliers are in cap hell without a Cup to show for it.

What am I missing here?

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
That crosschecking penalty on Eakin was atrocious. Still, you have to fight through it and kill the penalty. Letting in 4 goals in a 5 minute major PK is almost, if not unheard of.

Total failure all around.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
That crosschecking penalty on Eakin was atrocious. Still, you have to fight through it and kill the penalty. Letting in 4 goals in a 5 minute major PK is almost, if not unheard of.

Total failure all around.
This was my exact reaction, yeah the call was shit, but it's still completely on you to give up 4 goals in 5 minutes. Vegas crying about how they got robbed and it was stolen from them. The refs weren't teh ones that let the goals in. The bad call was good for 1 maybe 2... but 4?

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
This was my exact reaction, yeah the call was shit, but it's still completely on you to give up 4 goals in 5 minutes. Vegas crying about how they got robbed and it was stolen from them. The refs weren't teh ones that let the goals in. The bad call was good for 1 maybe 2... but 4?

That was vintage MAF, too. He's lights out until the first one goes in and then its like the wheels fall off.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Up until that penalty I was calling on Fleury to the top 100 for sure.

He went 5 periods of game 7’s without a goal before total implosion.

The sharks have a lot of guys that have been around. Tough tough lesson they taught a younger club.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
What a win by the Sharks. They are still piece of shits but that was pretty amazing.

I was offered a ticket for last night’s Sharks game but had a minor conflict so I passed. Grrrrrr.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I was offered a ticket for last night’s Sharks game but had a minor conflict so I passed. Grrrrrr.
That sucks. You could have shown up in the third and never missed a beat. lol

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Capitals lose. They were thoroughly outplayed in OT.

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The fucked up thing is that the PA was playing Dream Theater right before the final faceoff. Also heard them over UC PA on radio back in 02 or 03. You know the old home games routine back then.
Is Daze coming back?

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
Also, have developed a strong dislike for the Caps. Cheap and mouthy. Canes have given them all they can handle. Wait til next year for the Canes, love the way they play.

I thought it was the 'cleanest' Game 7 I've ever seen. Hardly any extra-curriculars, no fighting. I remember an old Hawks-Wings series where Detroit had this guy named Justin Abdelkader and the only thing the guy did for an entire 7 game series was to try to incite a fight after every whistle. Ungodly stuff. You didn't have that with Caps-Canes.

I think the Caps kind of blew the game. They were caught in a change on Staal's tying goal, and up to that point they had been dominating the game. The Canes took over in OT, and I thought the Caps were fortunate the refs swallowed the whistles, because there were a few blatant penalties that weren't called. That said, the 2nd OT began differently, with Washington asserting itself again. The lack of any scoring chances on their power play probably did them in. I thought it was funny that Williams had the exact same shot in OT that Staal scored on, but Holtby made the save.

Teravainen looked good. He was fresh when everyone else was starting to look tired.