NHL Playoffs thread

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well...I lack conviction about how good or not good the Blues are. Rask makes the Bruins hard to beat. The Blues are not fun to play against with a wall in net. Are the Sharks too old to beat the physical game?

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
Blues vs Bruins would be hard for me to watch, as I loathe both. Wouldn't mind seeing Thornton win a Cup. Canes were a little ahead of schedule, but they will be better for the experience.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This series is still basically tied. The Blues have to close out or play a game 7 on the road. Sharks are getting depleted though, Erik Kaarlson blew a tire, and a bunch of guys finished game 5 in the locker room. Its a one goal league...but Billingsly has been the best net-minder since second half of season in the entire league. Together with being big and fast and having some Shaw like play out of Schwartz...they are a tough egg to crack. The Bruins have an overwhelming team resting up...

whether I like the teams or not its going to be a great series and must watch if you like good hockey and wish to see its highest level on the biggest stage.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Blues have one of the most impressive turnarounds in recent history. They win in 6

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I despise these 2 teams. I'll take the Bruins; can-t bring myself to root for Blues. Plus for some odd reason I want to see Marchand goon it up out there.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Woof. Boston vs. St. Louis.

No thanks.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Whats the issue? Both are playing great hockey. Im glad the Blues beat the Sharks. The sharks have cost me more money with their piece of shit jekyl and hyde play. Fuck them I say

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Whats the issue? Both are playing great hockey. Im glad the Blues beat the Sharks. The sharks have cost me more money with their piece of shit jekyl and hyde play. Fuck them I say
It's for reasons like this why the only time I gamble is when I fart.

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:

The issue is, I don't like the teams. Pretty clear cut actually

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I have many friends who are blues fans. One part of me would at least be happy for them, but they literally talked trash after winning round 1.

On the other hand, boston fans are already the cockiest assholes on the planet. One more title can’t make it worse.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Blues have zero chance if they play like this. Outshot almost 2-1, 5 penalties, lost the faceoff battle and turned the puck over in dangerous areas.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Does he refuse to drop the gloves? I would smash that smurf and cut his face on the ice. I don't get how he gets away with agitating some of the beasts he does. He must be a little cunt that pokes you, slashes you constantly, talks shit, roughs you up dirty at every turn, every chance against the wall...but won't drop the gloves. I don't think I could get past one shift without losing my shit and biting him or something.

Also...what would happen if somebody headbutted somebody else in a fight? I guess helmets prevent that and make it an even more severe assault if you connect with damage...but would the league ban a guy for 50 games or something?

I assume you would lose alot of respect around the league and be massively suspended? But shit...people are fighting? Are there unwritten rules to the fighting? It aint a street fight?

Do him a favor...good solid forehead and flatten that nose into oblivion...

I remember Shaw getting under his skin in the 2013 finals. Marchand kept referring to him as a little rat (I believe)

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Would be funny if Boston sweeps them.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
The Blues had a thousand power plays in the three games after the Sharks' hand pass was missed, and that was not considered a ref issue, but already their fans blame the refs for their guys committing more penalties than Boston.