My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
I don't know that he has because I'm not literally weighing him game to game. You can say he looks bigger. Fine. If that's your opinion fine. You can say it's a problem. Again that's your opinion and that's fine. Frankly I'm not convinced he put on weight but also frankly I don't give a shit if he has. That's my point. I don't see his weight having any effect on whether or not he is hitting left handed pitching. I mean ok sure if you're gonna take this to extremes and say he's suddenly 300+ then sure maybe that's an issue. But there's tons of guys in the majors right now with his exact body type who are decent players. The two issues are unrelated.

It'd be one thing if your argument was he tore up his knee once and having extra weight may effect that but that's not the argument you're making and even if it were he's had 0 issues with his knee since returning. You're effectively just tearing him down as being fat for no apparent reason because you're not connecting his weight to his actual issues. Like I said earlier, if people want to complain about his ability to hit LHP or his contact rates then fine. Those are valid concerns but they aren't tied to weight. If you're going to dislike him dislike him for reasons that actually make sense.
You still havent answered the question about why he has added back the 20lbs he lost? If he spent the time and effort losing it then why did he add it back? IMO, it's a discipline issue

One year ago, his stomach was inside his belt and now it's crept over the belt. Pretty obvious

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
You still havent answered the question about why he has added back the 20lbs he lost?
I did. I said I don't believe he has added 20 lbs as you suggest. You're welcome to your opinion that he has but I've literally seen no reporter talk about him being bigger for whatever reason. And as I said before, I don't fucking care if he has because I think it's irrelevant. More over, his sprint speed according to statcast is still the same 27 mph it was in 2018 which is 59th percentile ie above median. So even if he has put on more weight he's no slower than he was in 2018 so then again I ask what's your point? It doesn't effect his hitting. He's not slower. It's irrelevant.

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
I did. I said I don't believe he has added 20 lbs as you suggest. You're welcome to your opinion that he has but I've literally seen no reporter talk about him being bigger for whatever reason. And as I said before, I don't fucking care if he has because I think it's irrelevant. More over, his sprint speed according to statcast is still the same 27 mph it was in 2018 which is 59th percentile ie above median. So even if he has put on more weight he's no slower than he was in 2018 so then again I ask what's your point? It doesn't effect his hitting. He's not slower. It's irrelevant.

Anyone besides the complete fucktard you keep responding to (who is also a racist cunt) understands your points. Added body fat does not decrease bat speed. Don't sweat a fool's statements.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
You have to ask yourself why he put 20 lbs on since last year? You have not answered that question. It's not like he is an undersized defensive lineman that needs the weight for leverage.

I'm betting the Cubs trainer is concerned
If he indeed put on 20 pounds, my guess is that he just wants to be more of a homerun hitter.. they did say he went back to all his old hitting ways from college

chibears55

Liked Posts:
You still havent answered the question about why he has added back the 20lbs he lost? If he spent the time and effort losing it then why did he add it back? IMO, it's a discipline issue

One year ago, his stomach was inside his belt and now it's crept over the belt. Pretty obvious
Didn't he do some endorsement when he was losing all that weight

CSF77

Liked Posts:
If he indeed put on 20 pounds, my guess is that he just wants to be more of a homerun hitter.. they did say he went back to all his old hitting ways from college

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Didn't he do some endorsement when he was losing all that weight

There was media attention on it but I don't think that he was paid to endorse a product or method. I believe he went from 235 to 215.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
He hasnt explained why he has gained 20lbs. He was all about telling us about his weight loss, but when he lost his discipline and gained it back the homers try to justify it. THat's fine, but don't criticize me when I point out what is clearly visible on TV?

Budwick

Liked Posts:
He hasnt explained why he has gained 20lbs. He was all about telling us about his weight loss, but when he lost his discipline and gained it back the homers try to justify it. THat's fine, but don't criticize me when I point out what is clearly visible on TV?
He put on the extra 20 pounds because his girlfriend is actually heavier than he is. Have you ever seen her?

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Maybe the extra weight helps her to hit the ball further

Schwarber_James_Gosser___2.0.jpg

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Odd that you would think this has any importance whether it's true or not....

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
loses weight, loses power, does not get to play more, even though he improved his defense. really surprised they did not let him go to arbitration and paid him the 3. whatever million to play 100 games.