Not too Bad!!

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The White Sox are close to acquiring third baseman Brett Lawrie, according to a report from the San Francisco Chronicle.

Susan Slusser reports that the White Sox would acquire Lawrie for a pair of minor leaguers.

The White Sox have been aggressively pursuing a third baseman at this week's winter meetings, and have also been linked to Asdrubal Cabrera.

“We think there are some avenues to go down to get better at third base,” Hahn said yesterday. “It’s obviously a position of need and any freely available talent that could potentially help us, we have checked it.”

Last year Lawrie hit .260 with 16 home runs and 60 RBIs in 149 games for the Oakland A's.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The White Sox are close to acquiring third baseman Brett Lawrie, according to a report from the San Francisco Chronicle.

Susan Slusser reports that the White Sox would acquire Lawrie for a pair of minor leaguers.

The White Sox have been aggressively pursuing a third baseman at this week's winter meetings, and have also been linked to Asdrubal Cabrera.

“We think there are some avenues to go down to get better at third base,” Hahn said yesterday. “It’s obviously a position of need and any freely available talent that could potentially help us, we have checked it.”

Last year Lawrie hit .260 with 16 home runs and 60 RBIs in 149 games for the Oakland A's.

Hope it happens. His power numbers would improve in hitter friendly Sox park:)

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Reds want Anderson and others for Frazier, so we can put that rumor to bed.

Depends on who the others are, right? I'd certainly trade Anderson to get Frazier and if we can unload LaRoach in a deal, then all the better.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
A huge key for the White Sox next season will be the young kid, Johnson stepping up to be a 4th or 5th starter. And I also hope like hell that Montas matures in a major league guy either in a starting role or as a reliever at the onset of that career. I read a recent article about Johnson going outside of the organization for help with his mechanics and that it seemed to help. Cooper said that he was fine with it and that he liked the progress that Johnson made.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
A huge key for the White Sox next season will be the young kid, Johnson stepping up to be a 4th or 5th starter. And I also hope like hell that Montas matures in a major league guy either in a starting role or as a reliever at the onset of that career. I read a recent article about Johnson going outside of the organization for help with his mechanics and that it seemed to help. Cooper said that he was fine with it and that he liked the progress that Johnson made.
If Johnson and Montas can be the contributors they have shown to be in the minors, whoa momma is our pitching staff again in that upper echelon of teams.

A key to us will be Micah Johnson at 2b. He really needs to make that turn IMO

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If Johnson and Montas can be the contributors they have shown to be in the minors, whoa momma is our pitching staff again in that upper echelon of teams.

A key to us will be Micah Johnson at 2b. He really needs to make that turn IMO

I don't know Brett. He just doesn't seem to have a feel for the game, more athlete than baseball player. Reminds me of Castro, without the bat.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
I don't know Brett. He just doesn't seem to have a feel for the game, more athlete than baseball player. Reminds me of Castro, without the bat.

Oh I tend to agree. I think he is a longshot at best.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Oh I tend to agree. I think he is a longshot at best.

I don't know. I realy thought that he was doing pretty well when they sent him down. Someone really needs to work with him on getting a jump on steal attempts. I think that will end up his value in the bigs if he does make it.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Lawrie was a good addition but this team needs to do something to become relevant again for at least a wild card shot. Other than the best team in baseball, The Royals, the rest of the AL is wide open. I am sick that they have two of the best players in al of baseball in Abreau and Sales and a good young pitching staff but are stuck in neutral offensively. They need to go big for a middle of the line-up guy but have a cheap fucking owner who has more money than anyone yet pinches pennies like a miser.

I go on the Bulls board a lot and bitch about Reinny but the really pathetic part is his ownership of the White Sox where there really isn't a salary cap in that league. I like Hahn. I really do. I don't think much of Ventura but you do need talent to win and it seems to me that their philosophy is that they hope to catch guys trying to resurrect previous successes on the field but in my memory have very seldom gone after an actual premium star. And this is unacceptable to me. What does this fucker think he is going to do, take his hundreds of millions of dollars with him when he croaks?

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
I don't know. I realy thought that he was doing pretty well when they sent him down. Someone really needs to work with him on getting a jump on steal attempts. I think that will end up his value in the bigs if he does make it.

The stealing can be taught. I have no worries there. It's the fielding that needs to show up. If Micah could field at a slightly below average pace he'd be the leadoff hitter in 2016. Not sure he is getting better with the glove though.

soxjim007

Liked Posts:
The stealing can be taught. I have no worries there. It's the fielding that needs to show up. If Micah could field at a slightly below average pace he'd be the leadoff hitter in 2016. Not sure he is getting better with the glove though.

You're 100% right--fielding is key and he can learn to steal...he has the speed--just has to time the pitchers better.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
You're 100% right--fielding is key and he can learn to steal...he has the speed--just has to time the pitchers better.

At this point, we really no longer care as he's a Dodger now.