*** OFFICIAL ***2018 College Football Playoff/New Year's 6 Thread

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
I'm not shocked that Clemson won, because they are so tough in both the OL and DL and they outright handled a very good Notre Dame team (much more impressive to me than Bama's win over Oklahoma), but the way in which Clemson won was stunning. The fake FG play where the kicker is supposed to block Atkins was very UnSabanlike.

I'd say Clemson's win was the second most impressive performance in any bowl this year, right behind LSU holding an AAC team with their backup QB to 32 points.

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
I'm not shocked that Clemson won, because they are so tough in both the OL and DL and they outright handled a very good Notre Dame team (much more impressive to me than Bama's win over Oklahoma), but the way in which Clemson won was stunning. The fake FG play where the kicker is supposed to block Atkins was very UnSabanlike.

I'd say Clemson's win was the second most impressive performance in any bowl this year, right behind LSU holding an AAC team with their backup QB to 32 points.

Did you hear Dabo in his post game presser? First thing he said was give glory to the good man upstairs. Second thing he said was congrats to the true national champions LSU.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
Did you hear Dabo in his post game presser? First thing he said was give glory to the good man upstairs. Second thing he said was congrats to the true national champions LSU.

I went to bed and didn't watch the postgame, but I did hear Dabo say in pregame that he was relieved to be facing Alabama and not LSU. He said that if LSU could hold Dariell Mack Jr. to 32 points, then Trevor Lawrence would be lucky to throw one TD pass against that tough SEC-bred defense.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
Big 12 4-3
Big 10 5-4
SEC 6-6
ACC 5-5
Pac 12 3-4

Notre Dame 0-1

Let me know when another conference gets 11 teams in. Bowl season is becoming meaningless because of players sitting for the draft. But, make no mistake. SEC is still the best conference.

Updated!

Seems like every conference won some bowl games and lost some bowl games. Imagine that.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Of course though no one talking about Alabama weak ass schedule. They looked dominant because they didn’t play anyone. They’ll play an out of conference game but they’re afraid to play on the road. It’s got to be at home or neutral site. I respect LSU since they’ll actually play a good schedule. Texas on the road next year for them. That’s something Alabama wouldn’t do.

Clemsons scheduled A&M next year.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Dabo's going to make around $800k in bonuses and incentives for his postseason run. Yet, he still feels there isn't enough money to pay the players.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
Did you say this just to get brownie points from FirstTimer?

If Trevor Lawrence propositioned you for sex, would you agree to it, or at least consider it?

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
The most disappointing thing is learning that Lawrence has a girlfriend. What the fuck is that guy thinking? The amount of strange that guy can get now from until he declares would be unparalleled.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The most disappointing thing is learning that Lawrence has a girlfriend. What the fuck is that guy thinking? The amount of strange that guy can get now from until he declares would be unparalleled.

Having a GF and being faithful are two different things.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Well so about UGA being more "deserving" than ND....lol. SEC went 0-2 in their 2 biggest bowl games (well 1-2 with UA's win over OU) and LSU beats a UCF team missing their starting QB and UF beats an undermanned Michigan team. So fucking impressive. Technically, ND hung with Clemson for almost as long as Bama did so Herbstreit, OSU cunts and SEC fucks can go fuck off with their narrative. (and FT, you were right, Book re-injured his ribs on that hit pretty badly).

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well so about UGA being more "deserving" than ND....lol. SEC went 0-2 in their 2 biggest bowl games (well 1-2 with UA's win over OU) and LSU beats a UCF team missing their starting QB and UF beats an undermanned Michigan team. So fucking impressive. Technically, ND hung with Clemson for almost as long as Bama did so Herbstreit, OSU cunts and SEC fucks can go fuck off with their narrative. (and FT, you were right, Book re-injured his ribs on that hit pretty badly).

Is that your opinion or was that confirmed somewhere? I was never able to confirm it with anyone at ND or associated with them

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Over/Under on total titles and Heisman's for Lawrence including this one set at 2.5 .... go!