*** Official *** Bears vs LIONS Detroit style FOodblogthread

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
GOod morning. It's late! CCS was down. There was a huge dislike war/mixup yesterday, totally spaced the whole food thing after being busy doing CHIT around the house and then my wife says to me, she says "what the heck are you making 2mow?"

"dang, I hadn't even thought about it, bae" I says back to her.
She just shakes her head and says, "Coney's? Not Flint style but Detroit style?" I'm like, "nah I don't have any beef heart or suet, how's about detroit style pan pizza?"

"We don't have the industrial car parts pans to make it authentic" she says.

"Darnit, you're right. I was just going to make it in a skillet"

"Smh" she says. "Let me just google up some detroit food blogs and we'll figure something out"

"how about making Hani Sandwiches?"

"Da fuq?" I have never heard of this sandwich.

"Chicken finger Pita? Like a chicken gyro?"

"No, it's fried chicken tendies, american cheese, mayo, tomato and lettuce in a naan. Some guy named Hani invented it at one of those Detroit Coney Island diners"

"Sounds ghetto af" I say.

"Well, if you don't have any better ideas then this sounds fine. The kids will like it, you don't always have to make such a huge production anyways"

":bizarro::bizarro::bizarro:"

"You'll make those, now let's netflx n chill"

SO I'm making "Hani Sandwiches" just like I've never ever even heard of that they have at the Coney Island places in Detroit.

Got some naan, some panko crusted frozen tenders, colbyjack, high quality ranch dressing and some shredded romaine, sliced tomatoes. I'll actually deep fry the tendies to make these more like the drunk food you'd be ordering if you were eating these in detroit. Assemble and wrap in foil so they get all rested together in the warm pitabread. Deep fry some crinkle fries to serve with this. Classic Detroit style food for the game with very little fuss. I might actually even pop into the IGT today!

YAY!

Bears: 49

Lions: 10

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
GOod morning. It's late! CCS was down. There was a huge dislike war/mixup yesterday, totally spaced the whole food thing after being busy doing CHIT around the house and then my wife says to me, she says "what the heck are you making 2mow?"

"dang, I hadn't even thought about it, bae" I says back to her.
She just shakes her head and says, "Coney's? Not Flint style but Detroit style?" I'm like, "nah I don't have any beef heart or suet, how's about detroit style pan pizza?"

"We don't have the industrial car parts pans to make it authentic" she says.

"Darnit, you're right. I was just going to make it in a skillet"

"Smh" she says. "Let me just google up some detroit food blogs and we'll figure something out"

"how about making Hani Sandwiches?"

"Da fuq?" I have never heard of this sandwich.

"Chicken finger Pita? Like a chicken gyro?"

"No, it's fried chicken tendies, american cheese, mayo, tomato and lettuce in a naan. Some guy named Hani invented it at one of those Detroit Coney Island diners"

"Sounds ghetto af" I say.

"Well, if you don't have any better ideas then this sounds fine. The kids will like it, you don't always have to make such a huge production anyways"

":bizarro::bizarro::bizarro:"

"You'll make those, now let's netflx n chill"

SO I'm making "Hani Sandwiches" just like I've never ever even heard of that they have at the Coney Island places in Detroit.

Got some naan, some panko crusted frozen tenders, colbyjack, high quality ranch dressing and some shredded romaine, sliced tomatoes. I'll actually deep fry the tendies to make these more like the drunk food you'd be ordering if you were eating these in detroit. Assemble and wrap in foil so they get all rested together in the warm pitabread. Deep fry some crinkle fries to serve with this. Classic Detroit style food for the game with very little fuss. I might actually even pop into the IGT today!

YAY!

Bears: 49

Lions: 10

I'll be stopping by around halftime FYI to pick up my snowblower that you were using to clear the leaves from your front yard.

Save me one of these!

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
That actually sounds like it would be really good in a guilty pleasure / trash food kind of way. Would definitely destroy.

As for football food, I'm just going with a bunch of snacks. Cheese, crackers, olives, veggies, a few dips, etc.

My latest thing for dinner on football days has been to get the crockpot going early. Watching football and drinking beer all afternoon, has worked out well to have dinner ready and not have to do anything. Last week I made a bunch of carnitas. This week I'm trying chicken tortilla soup for the first time. Will see how it turns out and adjust from there.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
That actually sounds like it would be really good in a guilty pleasure / trash food kind of way. Would definitely destroy.

As for football food, I'm just going with a bunch of snacks. Cheese, crackers, olives, veggies, a few dips, etc.

My latest thing for dinner on football days has been to get the crockpot going early. Watching football and drinking beer all afternoon, has worked out well to have dinner ready and not have to do anything. Last week I made a bunch of carnitas. This week I'm trying chicken tortilla soup for the first time. Will see how it turns out and adjust from there.

If I wear an IRL Florida Black Bear I would definitely come to ur neighborhood and dig through your trash.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Shells flooded with ricotta covered with home made ragu.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Just ordered a smoked brisket with Mac and cheese sweet potato fries onion rings and cornbread from j birds using door dash. F cooking myself lol

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I have never heard of a hany, sounds ok after a couple brews. Need the boards Official Lions fan "Nogento" to confirm this sandwich is even a thing.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Chili with cinna rolls

Fatman LOU

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I was eating fillipino , now im drinking wine to wash it down lol

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
Welcome back ARob! Can we cut Parkey now?

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
White fence farms fried chicken with all the fixins. Then homemade chocolate mouse.